New Life for the Old Girl

Pulled the cover off. Not the rocker! Pressurized the cylinder tonight and it definately has a dead hole. As fast as I could pump air in, it came out the oil pan. Engine had a good run. It was built in 07 and pulled to hell and back, not counting all the towing it did over that time. Gonna borescope it tomorrow and see how bad it is. I knew it was getting weak, but thought it would finish out the season. Oh well!

Borescoped it and it looks like it has a few scratches in cylinder wall. Piston looks ok, although there was a few small "dark spots" showed up in the video. Hard to tell what that was. Compression test showed it has 5 good runs left in it. lol

UPDATE:

Finally decided to rip into my truck today. Figured out why my truck has been losing its nuts. If you guys cant tell, those are piston rings beaten into the piston which cracked the piston. 2 cylinders looked like this. I need some rods, pistons, rings and a new head.

2012-01-01145732.jpg

Last edited:
Never let it run long enough to check. I knew it was something internal once I pulled the valvecover and saw that the rockers were still intact.

The top of all cylinders look like they will hone out. I need to check the bottom. Been too busy. I pushed it outside because I needed room for a customers truck. Might not be on it till spring the way its looking.

Back