Tap Shift Anteater w/Display - Beta Testers Needed

Will it make the down shift with the converter locked? Say from od locked to 3rd locked. Or will that take internal Vb mods
It has to unlock to downshift. I'm not sure what hardware changes told have to happen.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Will it make the down shift with the converter locked? Say from od locked to 3rd locked. Or will that take internal Vb mods
In order to accommodate 47re valvebodies, the 4-3 downshift is made unlocked. We've tested 47 and 48 with no unlock and it always ends up with a broken input shaft.

Pics for reference.

Attachments

• 20727128_10100551716893721_2070078174_o.jpg
    20727128_10100551716893721_2070078174_o.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 31687442_10100688334695551_6537219393091272704_n.jpg
    31687442_10100688334695551_6537219393091272704_n.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 0
Lavon has video of the beta unit on his page. Lyn suggested the sticker on the face should be black, not white and there's a USB change to finalize as well.

Lavon has video of the beta unit on his page. Lyn suggested the sticker on the face should be black, not white and there's a USB change to finalize as well.

The manual / auto mode is cool as well as the tap shifting feature.

I was reading on lavons post, you can upgrade the anteater to the pro version for around 400?

D@mit i guess i will wait a lil longer before i order a trans controller now.
Like Lavon said, the plan is to allow an upgrade path from Classic to Pro. The same controller hardware and harness is used; only the remote physically changes. The upgrade path will be priced relative to the price difference between the two.

Like Lavon said, the plan is to allow an upgrade path from Classic to Pro. The same controller hardware and harness is used; only the remote physically changes. The upgrade path will be priced relative to the price difference between the two.

I agree. Just last month I was looking at the BD valve body to allow tap-shift but I would still need the anteater to run the trans in my ford. That being said instead of spending $850 for the anteater and $1600 for the BD valve body the PRO would be worth the Wait.
I actually messaged Lavon about this tap-shift question last year but never heard a response.
Thanks

Any oppertunity to purchase trade in units? Hoping to convert from FMVB to Anteater over the winter.

Phase 2 beta testers are shipping this week. Barring any major issues, we should release for production in 4-6 weeks.

You know what this thing needs? A learning feature that can be programmed to accept steering wheel audio controls and use those buttons as your momentary switches. You can't just use them "out of the box" since it's generally only a two wire set up and each button typically 5 of them) have a different ohm out put. Would be great I'd downshift could accept 2 different ohms (left side buttons) and up shift could also accept two different buttons (right side button) then the fifth could be tune selection.

Would be a super easy way for 2nd gen guys to add tap shift with out having to add momentary switches. Not as great as true paddle shifters...but this hardware is either already there or can very easily be added.

Feedback?

Back