10 posts?

3rdcummins4x4

Just curious why you gotta have ten posts to send a pm. I go on here to check out a part for sale, and somebody else pm'd me, now i can't send one back because i haven't reached ten posts yet.

just keeps spammers from joining the site and sending pm's to everyone just like the required post in order to list a for sale item.

Enough so we (The moderators) know you are not just a flash in the pan member who is here strictly to sell something.

P.S. You are almost there!

Enough so we (The moderators) know you are not just a flash in the pan member who is here strictly to sell something.

P.S. You are almost there!

As I'm sure you can tell, I am attempting to get to my 10 posts so I can PM, but I will say that I was able to post up an item for sale without ever having posted before. So it didn't seem to stop me like the "no PM'ing till at least 10 posts" rule did. Either way, I think I'm up to 3 at this point, so :woohoo:
BTW, I think the 10 posts rule IS a good idea. Lord knows we have enough spammers out there trying to screw up everything we try to do on the web, so good rule! Now I'm off to move above "flash in the pan member" status! ;)

10!!!! :woohoo:
And not much since.

cool thanks billygoat! i assure you im not a piece of flashware haha

Not a piece of flashware, but sure hasn't done much else but sell stuff on here

As I'm sure you can tell, I am attempting to get to my 10 posts so I can PM, but I will say that I was able to post up an item for sale without ever having posted before. So it didn't seem to stop me like the "no PM'ing till at least 10 posts" rule did. Either way, I think I'm up to 3 at this point, so :woohoo:
BTW, I think the 10 posts rule IS a good idea. Lord knows we have enough spammers out there trying to screw up everything we try to do on the web, so good rule! Now I'm off to move above "flash in the pan member" status! ;)

Don't worry we saw your classified ad. :welcome: to CompD

Thanks for the hospitality, TravisG. I won't get too used to it...I understand it can get a little rough in the CompD arena. It's all good, I'm here to learn & give back, not just sell. After posting that ad for a buddy I realized that probably wasn't the smartest way to introduce myself to the forum. At any rate, thanks for not deleting it.

No worries. I wasn't really getting after you here. Mostly the others in here just trying to hawk stuff. Hang out here and you will learn a thing or two. There are some pretty fart smukers around here..... and then there's me!

I am having the same issue with trying to PM someone regarding a part for sale so I am going to tag on this thread as well.

Back