Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Pit Area- OFF TOPIC FORUMS > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Dodge Products
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Products Dodge PARTS ONLY!!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 07:26 AM   #1
Ugly Dodge

Name: Ugly Dodge
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
2nd Gen drivetrain parts for sale.

I removed the transmission from my truck and came to the conclusion that's it's not worth the time and money to repair it anymore. Thus I'm retiring from the 2nd Gen trucks forever, after owning 3.

It's a 2001 4x4 SLT 2500 Short bed. March 2000 build date.

I believe the torque converter is a stock stall, but some kind of remain. The seals were all good so it's dry. I'm putting a $225 value on it because that's what BD Power dishes out for their core buy back program.

I removed the valvebody and found multiple issues. So the valvebody is not salvageable and is what I believe caused the failure. I believe it was set up wrong judging by the broken springs and a stuck valve parts. Thus I didn't even take apart the transmission body. The O/D is separated. It has a ATS pan. There is clutch pack material on the bottom of the pan. Whatever is left of the valvebody along with shift kit parts will be included.

I bought a 1997 46re 4x4 transmission with a Mopar remain build date of 2003 for a extra parts. I didn't take apart the transmission body. The O/D is separated. The pan gasket is a reusable gasket. The valvebody was removed but not disassembled. It was removed in working condition but the input shaft has surface rust from being left outside.

I bought a new solenoid pack and ATSG manual for the overhaul. I'm throwing in the 2000-2002 FSM PDF and a 6.7 FSM? PDF I burned to a blank CD. I maybe missing other things I can throw in, I'll update that later or upon a request.

$500 OBO for all the transmission parts listed. Maybe others I can throw in? Just ask.

The transfer case is a 241 DHD (PTO) and was drained prior to removal.

$500 OBO

Whatever is left of the truck will also be for sale. Although I'm not sure how I want to go about that. The body is cooked. The doors will actually flex at interstate speeds making a seat-belt seem like not enough. The original alternator back fed and fried most of the electronics and wiring. I replaced that with a "Mean Green" 220 Amp alternator (2019) that I'm considering parting out, but then that reduces value on the running engine. So I'm undecided on that, but will entertain offers. The front axle gots a ARB dif cover and the truck is aligned with the brace for the gear box, so it actually drives straight in case someone wanted to put it together and use it. Replaced ball joints, tie rods, wheel bearings, brakes (front and rear) and leaf spring shackles and hangers in 2018. The topper has brand new (dual) locks and was modified for a tighter seal. The overhead is surprisingly accurate. Not sure what everyone else complained about, I checked dozens of times with GPS. Headlight selector and instrument cluster work. Not sure of anything in the cab working. Sending unit doesn't work. Fuel pump was replaced in 2019. Fuel filter replaced in 2017 and 2019. The injection pump is a aftermarket unit. It's black with some kind of access port painted orange if that helps ID it. I'm assuming it's the reason the engine fires up easier than my other 2 ISBs did. The batteries boil over in the summer and still starts effortlessly. After it sits for a few months it takes about 15 seconds to build oil pressure. But I started driving it every few weeks and never had issues with oil pressure. I never got under 20 MPG with this truck even in the winter with a slipping transmission. I have 9 OEM Alcoa aluminum wheels with it. 4 have 245/75r16e Mastercrafts that have around 50,000 miles probably not road worthy but would do great for burn outs. They are being kept in a basement kept at 30-40 humidity. The other 5 have 225-75r16e Hancook MT2s. 4 are on the truck with around 5000 miles and spare is new-unused and kept in basement with the other tires and wheels. 2 hub cabs only. I'll entertain any kind of offer on the truck as a whole or separated. I got lots of time.

EDIT: Fuel tank is close to full with additive because I was planning on spacing out the overhaul over a few months and the oil is fresh with T6 Rotella 5w40 full synthetic and Mopar filter. Heater core replaced in 2018 with new lines. 360,000 Miles but probably more because I bought it with oversized tires. I believe it has a 3.5 mandrel bent exhaust with muffler.

Last edited by Ugly Dodge; 08-09-2020 at 07:39 AM.

Old 08-15-2020, 07:32 AM   #2
Ugly Dodge

Member`s Gallery
Original prices were some ones suggestions.

I’m putting a price of $300 for all the transmission parts. And $300 for the 241DHD. $500 for both.

The rest of the truck still doesn’t have a solid price because of the various options for parting it out.

Old 08-15-2020, 11:55 AM   #3
thatguy69

Name: thatguy69
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
How about the front driveshaft? And where are you in Ohio?

Old 09-27-2020, 09:03 AM   #4
Ugly Dodge

Member`s Gallery
Transfer case and Torque Converter is SOLD
Sale pending on the rest of the truck besides wheels and tires.
If sale falls through (I'll know by October) I'm really considering stripping the truck down to the frame rails, connecting rods, head, etc.

The items I still have for sale is the ATS deep pan, bolts & pick up.
$100 cash only.

The rest of the various transmission parts (no torque converter):
$200 cash only.

I'm buried in work, so replies and responses will be delayed through all forms of communication.

Closed Thread