First SS truck to the 8's

For my mph (155.70) comp d calculator says 1536hp, Wallace calculator says 1632hp.
The tune I made that pass on was 1600uS and dynoed 1550hp on fuel, pass was fuel only to the 1/8 then a .062 jet on the big end. I did had some issues with the 1-2 shift( band was loose from slipping I guess) and I also just found that my side draft was leaking enough to hear it across the room with only 5 psi in the system.

the Comp D calc would never be off by 14 HP. LOL

Rumor is I cheated LOL. Good work Phillip now teach me how to 60!!

CHEATER!

On Edit- Phillip- none of this is directed at you. We are proud of you man! I just like poking fun at the NHRDA folks who were all over Anthony's jock last year. They should have been the ones to clarify, but as most sanctioning bodies do, they make the press about the org, not the racer. Always riding on the coattails of competitors.

LOL He's used to it by now. It's came up so many times on facebook. TSD gang and myslef get along well. They are good guys. But I'm still faster LOL

LOL He's used to it by now. It's came up so many times on facebook. TSD gang and myslef get along well. They are good guys. But I'm still faster LOL

For now.... there are a couple mechanical injection trucks coming out soon that might give the CR crowd some competition.... then again, it's more about traction and power management than making HP when it comes to 8 second 6k lb trucks!!!

For now.... there are a couple mechanical injection trucks coming out soon that might give the CR crowd some competition.... then again, it's more about traction and power management than making HP when it comes to 8 second 6k lb trucks!!!

Yep getting it to the ground is the issue, not hp. We have around 600 more hp we can bring. Getting it to stick is a whole other deal.

I've been squeezing out every spare dollar I can for years just so I CAN have these problems... And I'm still not there yet ! Lol !

I can't even keep it together at my level, lol... And still I'm always trying for more.

I just hope someday, if I keep at it, to be out there setting the next sets of records... Congratulations Phillip, and 2Tone ! You both have done excellent work ! And are an inspiration to enthusiasts like myself. Well done !

Use to it? I'm annoyed by it at this point lol. Should've just let out at the 1/8 so I knew what that tune was capable of and nobody else did.
And your still faster as of now.....but that may or may not change, just depends on how much I feel like trying to blow my stuff up. And i really don't know how to 60ft my truck just naturally does lol.

Use to it? I'm annoyed by it at this point lol. Should've just let out at the 1/8 so I knew what that tune was capable of and nobody else did.
And your still faster as of now.....but that may or may not change, just depends on how much I feel like trying to blow my stuff up. And i really don't know how to 60ft my truck just naturally does lol.

LOL Rarely do I ever get to dive into the 40's. I'd sure be happy if i could figure that out.

IMG_4127_zpsqug79hb3.jpg

Record is set, backed this pass up with another 8.853 at 157. Both were Fuel only.

What's really amazing is three SS trucks went into the 8's at the NHRDA Tulsa race. Track prep looked great.

Frankin 8.853
Buhider 8.96
Minter 8.96

Franklin got the record, Minter got the win. All three trucks are from the same shop.

Thanks guys, and yes 3 of us ran 8's from the same shop, Chris's 8.96 actually beat my 8.85 cause I was sleeping on the tree.
Truck still has compounds S400 on the manifold and gt55 based charger for a primary that were built by CRT turbo.
As far as what's left on fuel I'm not sure, it gets pretty dirty up top plus egts and drive are pretty high so I don't wanna throw more fuel at it till I can cool it off and get drive pressure a little lower, the power gain per 100uS was still really good when I stopped adding fuel so I believe there's more in it just want to cool it down first.
Track prep was awesome, I cut 2 1.43's and a 1.40 on the last pass.

Back