Looking for ideas/tech legal fuel line and tranny line setups

SCHMITTY

Not enough time
I’m putting a sump on my stock fuel tank and I’m trying to decide between braided line or some blue fass line. I’ll either be running my modified Cummins lift pumps or a predator from PDD.

The only tranny cooler I have is a fan cooled derale mounted under my bed.

Some pics would be great

Lines

I got the parker 1/2 line on the truck from my drawstraw on to russell 100 micron to lift pump then fs1212 on filter housing then to inj pump. I used pushloc's jic fitting and regular pushloc's

You're using a FS1212 on an OE mount?

I been looking for an upgrade so I looked that one up. Thread is 1/4 UNS-2B

Oh ok.

Thanks, just found out yesterday that the blue one has cancer.

Sorry for the derail, Schmitty

IIRC most racing organizations won't approve soft line for fuel if that is what you are asking. Our local track isn't a real stickler on it but some are very strict about it.

IIRC most racing organizations won't approve soft line for fuel if that is what you are asking. Our local track isn't a real stickler on it but some are very strict about it.

This ^^ Technically it needs to be stainlessl braided or steel hard lines with stainless braided flexible ends from frame to engine. if your building a truck where you will need to have a certified roll cage, IE 9.99 or faster in the 1/4, then I would go straight to all stainless braided or a mix of hardline steel and braided.

I called the tech guy. He said he would accept soft line like the kind that comes with a fass. I’d like to run 1/2” braided from my sump to the motor where the lift pump will be. I’m just hoping to get into the 11s without the bottle and if the truck seems likes it’s running well I’m going to get greedy and start playing the n20. The tranny lines need to be made up at an equipment hydraulic line store.

Back