2.6 chargers

Kman9090

I have had problems with my truck for the past year and we've tried almost everything to fix the problem 3 2.6 chargers, 2 sets of injectors, timing, fuel, almost everything we could imagine. Gilmore decided to pull the protusion cover and billet wheel off and put a bigger cover and bigger wheel on and the truck is a completly different truck. So my issue is trying to find a good 2.6 protrusion charger that lets it breath. I also dont want to have to got through 2 or 3 3k dollar turbos before I figure out which one is right. So does anybody have any experience with this? Gilmor said my truck wasnt the only one he seen this problem with as Hoddlers truck did the same thing. Just by swapping out the cover and wheel I picked up almost 100ft and turned the fuel from 500cc back up to around 600cc.

I have had problems with my truck for the past year and we've tried almost everything to fix the problem 3 2.6 chargers, 2 sets of injectors, timing, fuel, almost everything we could imagine. Gilmore decided to pull the protusion cover and billet wheel off and put a bigger cover and bigger wheel on and the truck is a completly different truck. So my issue is trying to find a good 2.6 protrusion charger that lets it breath. I also dont want to have to got through 2 or 3 3k dollar turbos before I figure out which one is right. So does anybody have any experience with this? Gilmor said my truck wasnt the only one he seen this problem with as Hoddlers truck did the same thing. Just by swapping out the cover and wheel I picked up almost 100ft and turned the fuel from 500cc back up to around 600cc.

I haven't seen hodlers truck run good in almost 2 years, don't know if that is a valid comparison.

However it might help if you would list what you have tried, mis matched parts in the turbo could be part of the issue.

Further more a 3x3 charger runs pretty decent on a cummins.

If you want to quit messing around, buy either an HX60 from harts, or a precision. Of course be ready to shell out about $4k for it.

I thought hoddlers purple truck still ran decent fo a VP truck? Yeah thats what we were looking at getting an HX60 2.6 charger.

I thought hoddlers purple truck still ran decent fo a VP truck? Yeah thats what we were looking at getting an HX60 2.6 charger.

Yes I was comparing to the black truck, which seemed to put some distance on the maroon truck. I just know the times I hooked against hodler, 1 time I put 20 some feet on him and Gilmore had said that was the best his truck had ran for awhile he still ended up in second with it, and then the other time was like 30 feet.

This was with a clipped cast wheel charger.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRPYvBtDgmI&list=UUKmygpem3JjbosjGJgJxlyw&index=1&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRPYvBtDgmI&list=UUKmygpem3JjbosjGJgJxlyw&index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upURA8s8Msk&list=UUKmygpem3JjbosjGJgJxlyw&index=7&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upURA8s8Msk&list=UUKmygpem3JjbosjGJgJxlyw&index=7&feature=plcp[/ame]

Last edited:
The three options I have seen work best on a cummins 2.6 12v with ~500 cc's at 5k rpms are a precision 3x3 clipped, S-480, and HX-60. The precision and HX will run you about 4-5k and the S-480 will be about 2K. All will require a billet compressor wheel.

What are you motor and pump mods?

The three options I have seen work best on a cummins 2.6 12v with ~500 cc's at 5k rpms are a precision 3x3 clipped, S-480, and HX-60. The precision and HX will run you about 4-5k and the S-480 will be about 2K. All will require a billet compressor wheel.

Thats pretty vague considering that there are sooo many different configurations for the chargers listed.

Until the OP is specific with his build how can anyone be expected to be specific with a charger suggestion? I was being general on purpose....

Hoddlers black truck has been having a turbo issue with precision turbo that they sent was no where close to what he wanted, but they told him it would work.

I agree with this and wanted to add it should be a t6 foot also. I think all three of the chargers suggested are a very popular choice at least where I pull.

Hoddlers truck is still having the same issue with another larger charger, and his old charger is on another build that is working good... it is not a charger issue. Buy a Precision or comparable HX60

Last edited:
There's one for sale on here right now. If you want a billet HX-60 I'd jump on the deal, you'd save yourself $1000+

I have our billet precision charger off our old 2.6 truck setting on the shelf. Built new 3.0 truck this year which changed everything. If i remember correct it is a 3.25 wheel nipped to 2.6 with a legal cover. We had on truck probably 20 hooks, no issues what so ever with charger just changed set-up. We run week in and out with all the Haisley 2.6 trucks last year and even managed to beat them a few times. Would like to sell, not sure of price, paid a ton for it but that is life. Setting on shelf does no one any good.

Hoddlers truck is still having the same issue with another larger charger, and his old charger is on another build that is working good... it is not a charger issue. Buy a Precision or comparable HX60

^^^^^^^^^
Here is the guy to buy a precision charger from as well!

Well Hoddlers truck or not mine was a charger issue, just seeing what route to go. Seems hard to drop 4k dollars on a 2.6 charger when I go to maybe 2-3 pulls a year that your need a 2.6 protrusion charger.

Back