Need a little help

super duty04

[ame="http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff413/superduty04/?action=view&current=VIDEO0027.mp4"]VIDEO0027.mp4 video by superduty04 - Photobucket[/ame]

Trying to figure out how to get the bounce out of the truck. Truck weighed 8430lbs with 700lbs hangin up front. Its a 2004 F250 leaf spring front end. The rear end was blocked solid with 26" hitch height with the hitch moved all as far forward as possible. Currently running 45psi front and rear. Seems like every time I pull it I get that little bounce. Also, running lincoln lockers front and rear. Any body have any suggestions to get rid of it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
It won't load up on my phone so this is a stab in the dark...

Lower your front tire pressure and max out your rear. Also, I thought I read somewhere that someone let the suspension have 2" of travel and it helped take the bounce out.

Hope that gives some ideas.

Being really close to stock, yes. I have had the front end chattering but I could not see his video so I didn't know if the bounce was a typical Ford front end chatter or not.

i would lower front to and try like one inch of travel in rear. first time i ran i was solid and had about same front pressure and bounced . second and third time i dropeed front pressure and some rear and ran one inch of travel.. had no bounce 2nd and 3 time

nathan try a couple dif things with the front end.. try limiting it with straps or putn some preload on it.. i got rid of a hop on another customers truck by doing so.

Back