Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Old 06-25-2018, 08:43 AM   #1481
NakeDiesel

Name: NakeDiesel
Title: Smoke'n in the Mud
Member`s Gallery
Been a while since I posted, went on a much needed vacation. Rented a 12 passenger van and took my son, 2 daughters, their boyfriends, grand daughter and mother in law on a 10.5 day camping trip. We went to Capulin Volcano, camped 2 nights in Colorado Springs and went up Pikes peak and through Garden of the Gods, then Camped at Dinosaur national park, at Lunch at Red Iguana in SLC on the way to Craters of the Moon in Idaho where we camped another night. Spent 3 nights camping in Yellowstone with a short trip up into Montana. Then on to Devils Tower where we camped another night. Then to Deadwood, Sturgis, Mt Rushmore and camped the last night at the Badlands national park. Had a great trip and some much needed down time. Came back and still no engine ready. Been working on things around the farm.

Last week was stressful, thursday the company I work for laid off 1/3 of it's people at the Tulsa office or about 100 people. 131 people total laid off and another 30 positions were nixed that people had already left and won't be filled. I'm safe and actually got a retention bonus to stay through Feb of next year, but stressful all the same.

Wife and I've really started talking about downsizing the farm, her getting her compact nursing license and hitting the road since I can work anywhere I have an internet connection and travelling some. Don't know if we will actually do it or not, but we are seriously thinking about it.

On the truck, ran into head issues with the valves not sealing so we had to send it off to the machine shop to get the valves done on it. Got it back and there isn't enough clearance between the valves and pistons so I ordered a .020 thicker head gasket today. Should be here Weds. So still not sure when I'm going to get to go racing. Seems like there is one thing or another that keeps popping up. I did get the graphic on the new carbon fiber grill this weekend.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Joker Fabrication, Air Dog, Diesel Power Plus, Power Driven Diesel, DPC, Crazy A Performance
Old 08-22-2018, 10:34 PM   #1482
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Been a long while since I've made a post to update on the truck. Been busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. I took over as Commander at my American Legion post mid July and feel like I've lived there since then. Been working on getting things done and fixed there. Finished up the flooring in the main hall and got a good portion of the flooring down in the kitchen last night.

Started making some cornhole sets, one for me and one to donate to the legion so we can try a cornhole tournament as a fund raiser. Almost have them finished. Just need to attach the legs after the paint drys and then skin the tops with the skins I bought.

Bought a new Harley a month ago and been riding it as much as possible. Managed to put 1000 miles on it before I had to buy the tag for it. It's a 2018 Limited Ultra. Nice riding bike. Still can't get used to the fans running after I shut it down to cool the heads.

Now to the truck. Machine shops suck. I've had a crank and block ruined by one machine shop. The 2nd machine shop took 2 weeks longer than they said they would. I'm slowly getting it assembled here at the shop. Still waiting on a few parts that I should have gotten with the engine parts but still haven't gotten them. Tonight I finished torquing down the head and installed a few more things on it. All the drive train is in the truck now, and my drive shafts fit like a glove. Made the 2nd loop for the front drive shaft and attached it to the custom trans brace I made.

Most of the wiring is done and hooked up in the truck, just need to finish my piping to finish with the sensors. Moved my driveline speed sensor to the front flange of the tcase. Made a new tach sensor mount to work with the 4 magnets I glued into the Fluidamper balancer.

The season is almost over. 2 more races this year and one is this weekend. Won't make it but hopefully I can make the last race of the year.

Flooring

Cornhole

Harley

a few things added to it

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Joker Fabrication, Air Dog, Diesel Power Plus, Power Driven Diesel, DPC, Crazy A Performance
Old 08-22-2018, 10:35 PM   #1483
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Mud Truck

Old 08-23-2018, 01:42 PM   #1484
SmokeShow

Name: SmokeShow
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
No tab or fix on the KDP?

IG: @_mitch_ratliff_

'14 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew, w/ 3.5L EcoBoost, bone stock

83 GMC K30 CC SB 4WD awaiting D/A chassis swap
Old 08-23-2018, 02:31 PM   #1485
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
It will be in there before I close the front case up. Just hadn't gotten to it yet

Old 09-20-2018, 09:33 AM   #1486
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Been about a month since I last made a post, made a little progress on my truck, but haven't touched it in the last 2 weeks. Been dealing with my bull deciding it's an escape artists. He now has an appointment with the processor on Oct 9th...

Decided to go ahead and start building my steel pipe corral because he destroyed the gate on my temp one I use trying to pen him up overnight. I have posts in for 2 outer walls of the corral, once I get them complete, I will tear out the old fence in that corner and build those sections out as well, then finish building the inside pens. The outer perimeter of it is going to be around 90x70 feet with 4 different sized pens inside it with a crowding pen and diverter gate for loading or to my chute in the center. I'm building it out of 2 7/8" pipe posts I bought at an auction several years ago for this purpose and welding more pipe between the posts and cattle panels/solid panels for the alleys.

Finished up the cornhole sets, they turned out decent, not as good as I wanted but they will work.

Made quite a few changes on the bike, now have 2k+ miles on it. We rode it to Dodge City, KS and back, little over 600 miles round trip and had a blast. Planning a longer trip in Oct if the weather holds out.

On the truck, head is torque down, valve covers on, injectors installed, exhaust manifold installed, intake installed, injection pump mostly installed, power steering pump installed, air shut off valve is installed along with the activation cable. Had to trim more out of the firewall to fit the valve and cable. Got the modified power steering/hydro brakes installed as well.

Finished making the tongue for my welding trailer yesterday so I can pull it with my 4 wheeler. Pretty simple. Piece of 2" square tubing, hole drilled in one end for a pin to connect it to the receiver box on the trailer and a u end for the 4 wheeler side to pin it to the hitch.

Last weekend we built a float for the legion for the pioneer day parade. Pulled it with my Dually. Dad asked who's truck we were pulling the trailer with because he didn't recognize my truck as it was actually white and not dirt colored.

Corral Pics

Cornhole sets

Harley pics

Parade Float

Coaltrain Pics

Old 09-20-2018, 09:50 AM   #1487
J-Pipes

Name: J-Pipes
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Those corn hole boards are sweet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk