Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Garmon Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Garmon Diesel Ask Jeff Garmon

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 10:09 PM   #1
AEmedic

Name: AEmedic
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
2006 Dodge 2500 Tranny help needed

I am active duty Air Force and while I was moving across country to a new base a few months ago, I
started to have serious Trans issues in my 2006 Dodge 2500 with a Cummins and the 48RE. We were living in and pulling our 5th wheel and started getting delayed shifting and shuddering right before it would shift/downshift. We had to stop in San Antonio, TX and have the trans rebuilt.
I had a shop called Gerald Kosub transmission INC do the rebuild and they were great and jumped right on it. I asked that they do whatever there is to do to make it last and work well with a 5th wheel. Turns out I lost my TC and 2nd gear. I got a triple disk billet TC, Billet input shaft, deeper alum pan, Goerend Valve Body, Strap(Transgo shift kit was put in first) and a number of better parts related to the rebuild. The Trans-Go shift kit was shifting poorly and having issues with shuttle shift so I ordered and had the Goerend Performance Valve Body installed by a local shop. I feel that the shop wasn't really in tune with dialing the transmission in and the truck seems to shudder a little when initially taking off under load. I want to take it to someone that can really dial it in.

Here is a list of what is in the tranny.
Triple Disc Billet TC - Precision of New Hampton
Billet Input Shaft - TSC
Goerend Valve body
Goerend Strap
Master kit - Borg Warner
Double Deep Trans Pan - Mag Hytec

Old 03-20-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
Isb

Name: Isb
Title: Do you have a "Hines" tbm
Member`s Gallery
Contact Jeff @ (404)557-4972. He will be glad to help you.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
AEmedic

Name: AEmedic
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isb View Post
Contact Jeff @ (404)557-4972. He will be glad to help you.
I sent them an email, and I was planning to call when they were open.

2006 MegaCab 2500 'Dually' Cummins 4X4 Silver SLT, Smarty-Jr, Line-X, Timbrens, Nasta Step Bars, Throttle Down Kustoms HD Bumper, Mag-Hytec diff/trans covers, Kosub/Goerend Trans build, Injen CAI

Closed Thread