So. Cal Pull - June 14th - Who is in?

cjohnson

You Bet!
As some have read through Diesel Lady's post, we are working on a new pull for the southern California area. Unfortunately, we didn't get much notice for this year and we need to figure out in short order who can get involved. If we can make a decent showing this year, we could potentially make this really good pull for the future. There will be a purse, I just don't know what it will be yet. I will determine classes as soon as I get an idea who can make it. Give me some feedback asap please. The name of the event is Thunder On The Lot - www.thunderonthelot.com it will be held at the Antelope Valley Fairgrounds in Lancaster.

Thanks,

Craig

I'm in, minus some unforseen circumstances that come up at a closer date. I'd just better not break before the J&H Diesel Ralley the next weekend! I'm sure that Natalie is probably in too.

Everybody keep in mind, there will be a minimum of a $1,000 purse for each of the 2 classes we will have. The classes will be a street class of some type and a mod class of some type. Although this class structure is not ideal, I want everybody to be eligible for the purses, because you just never know. For this year, I am not able to pull money together for another pay class, so we will give this a go, hopefully have a good show and be back again with improved classes and everything else. They are hoping for 10,000 people in the grandstands on Saturday for the pulls, so I have my fingers crossed that we will get some good exposure.

Craig

Just a heads up, you can pre register for the event now online www.thunderonthelot.com and save $5. Not a huge savings, but better than nothing. As for selecting a class to register for - still don't have those locked in yet, but if you have a single charger with under a 3.0 inducer, you can be sure you will pull street, if you're over that, you are definitely in mod. Past that, I don't have it all ironed out just yet, but you can pre register either way and save the $5. If there is any confusion, we can square away what class you are in at the pull.

Craig

Yeah, hopefully you'll have some money left over for the fuel cost to get down here. Probably hit $4.50 or even $5 by June at the rate it's going.

Joe

Specifics to come, but here are the basics for the classes

All Classes - 8,000 lbs

Work Stock - 2.6 charger, single CP3's, no ag. governors - no hanging weight
Super Street - 3.0 Single Charger
Modified - more or less unlimited

I will have the complete rules up in a day or two, but that is the basic idea.

We have added a class to accomodate the range of trucks from daily driven street trucks to tube chassis trucks. This is as close as we will get to making everybody happy. All 3 classes will have a $1,000 purse thanks to a certain sponsor stepping up and sponsoring the mod class.

Lets go folks, get on with this. Its time to step up.

Craig

Damn, first 3.0 class hook on the west coast and I won't be there to drive my own truck.

-Tom

Tommy, that totally sucks ass. I'll tell you what. Greenie and I will take one for the team, and I'll drive your truck for you. It's the least I can do. :thankyou2:

:hehe:

Back