Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Tech > 6.0 Powerstroke
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

6.0 Powerstroke Discussion of the 03-06 6.0

View Poll Results: How many want to see all 6.0 fuel systems dynoed same time/same place ?
Yes 62 96.88%
No 2 3.13%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 06:04 PM   #81
smoken250

Name: smoken250
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
If some people want to test 250's then let them do that. If poeple want to see what the fuel systems will do on a stock truck then vote on the poll. I am sure most people are putting the fuel system on a slight to moderate modded truck. So it makes more sense for people that are thinking of doing this to have some research and dyno numbers to make their decision. I think it is a good idea.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:53 PM   #82
MOMBENZ

Name: MOMBENZ
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robts View Post
my only bief with this challege is, I think anyones fuel system with out a new fuel pump will be an improvement over stock on a stock injector trucks. I dont think you will see any differences until you get into aftermarket injectors. I only keep referring to 250's since Dj says his will support 250s. This would be our durabilty test. I think this test is nonsense unless you put a load on the fuel pump
You are not making sense. Well, at least, it doesn't make sense to me, maybe it's my English:

my only bief with this challege is, I think anyones fuel system with out a new fuel pump will be an improvement over stock

Are you referring to an aftermarket fuel pump or are you referring to a new stock fuel pump? If your fuel system is good enough, you will see a difference with the factory fuel pump you have in your truck right now, unless the pump is very weak. You will see a gain in hp with a properly setup system.

I dont think you will see any differences until you get into aftermarket injectors.
I disagree with you.

I only keep referring to 250's since Dj says his will support 250s.
How many times would you like me to confirm this. I don't know why you and me keep coming back and forth and bickering. You are not a vendor. You don't make your own fuel system. This thread was started to have vendors who sell fuel systems to prove their design.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning very early so I may not be able to answer right away.

DJ

Old 04-23-2008, 07:56 PM   #83
MOMBENZ

Name: MOMBENZ
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
Seems like the best test suggested so far. Testing a fuel system with stock sticks is like testing body armor with a .22 short. Yeah it works, but is it fully tested? Same tuner is a must also.
I don't agree with you for one thing. Your statement .22 caliber short on body armour. If the body armour cannot handle a .22 caliber what makes you think it can handle a .44 caliber or a .50 caliber. Same thing with a fuel system. If the fuel system cannot handle stock injectors by maintaining or increasing horsepower, how will it handle bigger injectors?

DJ

P.S. I logged in and he asked me to type for him. Please take note. TKU Vivian

Old 04-23-2008, 08:15 PM   #84
Robts

Name: Robts
Title: Proud Fummins Owner
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMBENZ View Post
You are not making sense. Well, at least, it doesn't make sense to me, maybe it's my English:

my only bief with this challege is, I think anyones fuel system with out a new fuel pump will be an improvement over stock

Are you referring to an aftermarket fuel pump or are you referring to a new stock fuel pump? If your fuel system is good enough, you will see a difference with the factory fuel pump you have in your truck right now, unless the pump is very weak. You will see a gain in hp with a properly setup system.

I dont think you will see any differences until you get into aftermarket injectors.
I disagree with you.

I only keep referring to 250's since Dj says his will support 250s.
How many times would you like me to confirm this. I don't know why you and me keep coming back and forth and bickering. You are not a vendor. You don't make your own fuel system. This thread was started to have vendors who sell fuel systems to prove their design.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning very early so I may not be able to answer right away.

DJ
Sorry I will make it clearer/////I think anyones fuel system, that doesnt include a new pump and uses the stock pump will be an improvement over the stock lines supplied by ford .

I think the only way you will see a difference from one system to another(referring to vendors) is to have big injectors tested with the fuel system. This way you can see the pressure drop from eneffeicent fuel supply.

As for me not being a vendor...Yes Vivan I am not a supporting vendor on this site but I do own Truck Solutions and have a valid business license and sell diesel performance parts to people in the area and online as well as your customers. I also have my own fuel system that Im testing on a customers truck as we speak that has a Fass150/180 with a regulated return . It also has a -8 fuel supply the t's into -6 lines.The -6 lines then goes into the head. It also comes off the back of the head and goes into a regulator. I use all name brand fittings and braided lines by Earl and Areoquipe. This also eliminates the use of the fuel bowl.

But since Im not a supporting vendor I can't stand up and compete

2013 Ram 2500 Cummins Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Loaded. 6" lift on 35" Toyos on 22x12 gear alloys sold

2004 Ford F350 Lariat with a Fummins **under construction...Money pit

Last edited by Robts; 04-23-2008 at 08:26 PM.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:37 PM   #85
djdieseltech

Name: djdieseltech
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Why you want to reply to my wife Rob, I don't know. In case you didn't notice, I signed the message. Vivian makes a point of telling everyone when it is her and when it is me cause we don't always coincide but she will not reply for me.

I don't see any reason why you can't compete but I would like to make it more interesting and bring in several vendors. Something fun for the customers. The more the merrier

We can do 250cc injectors. I have never said no but we do stock first and then I'm open. I want to prove a point and you're not going to change that. After I prove my point, I am open

Now, I have to go to bed. Goodnight to everybody.

DJ
www.djs-performance.com
Home of Scorpion King Racing
""He Who Hesitate is Not Only Lost But Miles From The Next Exit"
PDRA pro diesel racers association

Old 04-23-2008, 09:40 PM   #86
BogginF350

Name: BogginF350
Title: Never Satisfied
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
my only bief with this challege is, I think anyones fuel system with out a new fuel pump will be an improvement over stock on a stock injector trucks. I dont think you will see any differences until you get into aftermarket injectors. I only keep referring to 250's since Dj says his will support 250s. This would be our durabilty test. I think this test is nonsense unless you put a load on the fuel pump
I will supply the injectors....
08` reg cab 588/1180

Old 04-23-2008, 09:55 PM   #87
Robts

Name: Robts
Title: Proud Fummins Owner
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdieseltech View Post
Why you want to reply to my wife Rob, I don't know. In case you didn't notice, I signed the message. Vivian makes a point of telling everyone when it is her and when it is me cause we don't always coincide but she will not reply for me.

I don't see any reason why you can't compete but I would like to make it more interesting and bring in several vendors. Something fun for the customers. The more the merrier

We can do 250cc injectors. I have never said no but we do stock first and then I'm open. I want to prove a point and you're not going to change that. After I prove my point, I am open

Now, I have to go to bed. Goodnight to everybody.

DJ
Sorry Dj I might have mis read that. Usually the person who is responding is the person which post the reply....my bag. Like I said in my reply. Any kit with upgraded fuel lines will be an imporvement with stock injectors over the stock lines. Im only intrested in proving a stock fuel pump will not handle 250cc injectors. If you want i will compete only with the 250cc injectors. We would have to check the rules of the site, since Im not a supporting vendor if it would be allowed. Im not intrested in compete with stock injectors since any upgraded fuel lines is an improvement over stock.

I dont see other vendors intrested in stepping up. In fact its only been me bikering about this. I heard Fass and Airdog may compete which in my eyes and everyone elses is the same pump( Legal issues going on there) . Still with their pump it uses the same stupid banjo bolts and lines which is a major restriction to the fords factory fuel system.

I think you realize after talking to Vivan that I do sell parts in fact she has asked me about the ARp studs I have in stock if she is in a bind

2013 Ram 2500 Cummins Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Loaded. 6" lift on 35" Toyos on 22x12 gear alloys sold

2004 Ford F350 Lariat with a Fummins **under construction...Money pit

Old 04-23-2008, 10:40 PM   #88
WAO Racing

Name: WAO Racing
Title: Get Smoked
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I heard Fass and Airdog may compete which in my eyes and everyone elses is the same pump( Legal issues going on there) .
I thought Airdog was just basically a helper pump? As where Fass was a replacement. If thats so there is a big difference there. At least thats what i read on there site i beleive. I dont know, maybe i mis-read it some where.
RFPR
Zex

Gone but not forgotten, may you rest in peace my friend!

Old 04-23-2008, 10:58 PM   #89
shu873

Name: shu873
Title: it's a wild ride...
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAO Racing View Post
I thought Airdog was just basically a helper pump? As where Fass was a replacement. If thats so there is a big difference there. At least thats what i read on there site i beleive. I dont know, maybe i mis-read it some where.
You are correct!

Old 04-23-2008, 11:01 PM   #90
Rob D

Name: Rob D
Title: Get R' Done
Member`s Gallery
Lets keep the thread on track here fellas
New truck: 2002 Dodge 2500 4x4, nv5600, 4:10 gears, 55 Block, Southbend dd3600 clutch with upgrd hydros, Fass 150hd, SO VP44, 4" Silverline ss Exhaust, 6x.013 SAC Weston Shupe injectors, 64/71 BD Super B Special, CPP #110 valve springs, EJWA, S&B intake, 35" tires

Old 04-24-2008, 12:57 AM   #91
03f250stroke

Name: 03f250stroke
Title: GoGo Diesel Founder
Member`s Gallery
I just installed the air dog f150 kit last weekend. I will tell you in a nut shell how the kit works being I had no instructions from air dog or anything. Its a "helper" pump that still flows to the stock lift pump. Basically all your doing is drilling a hole into the tank, installing a drawstraw. That line from the drawstraw goes to the air dog, then it has 2 exits on the other side of pump, return (back to filler neck) and a feed that goes to the lift pump, take off the quick disconnect to the OE life pump that was the stock feed line and plug in the new one from the Air Dog pump. Literally could take about 2-3 to install. I had no instructions or anything with my kit. Took me about 5-6 hours. I posted a picture of it on page 2 or 3. Bed off and all haha

But back on track. I am looking foward to seeing these results as well!

Old 04-24-2008, 07:05 AM   #92
SINNER

Name: SINNER
Title: BallSoHard U
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMBENZ View Post
I don't agree with you for one thing. Your statement .22 caliber short on body armour. If the body armour cannot handle a .22 caliber what makes you think it can handle a .44 caliber or a .50 caliber. Same thing with a fuel system. If the fuel system cannot handle stock injectors by maintaining or increasing horsepower, how will it handle bigger injectors?

DJ

P.S. I logged in and he asked me to type for him. Please take note. TKU Vivian
Lots of misreading going on here.
If body armor WORKS with a .22 short, do you assume it works with a AMT .50?
First off lets face facts, we are talking about a stock pump with some outsourced components. Not a lot of variables to begin with. Larger lines and the stock regulator shimmed is basically what your competition on this system is. I used a 800lb. a minute aeromotive that i ran through the stock fuel filter bowl as a temporary set up with 225's. The bowl created such a restriction I saw a 10 psi. drop. When i finished the fuel system there was never a 1 psi. drop with that pump. 250's on a stock pump with the 2 stock filters and the h20 sep. seems like alot to ask.
put a fuel gauge in the back port one time after the factory banjo's (you know the ones with the hammer arrestors) removed and watch the harmonics in the fuel rail create a 20-30 psi flutter. Remove those banjo's without eliminating the dead end in the head is hard as h**l on those injectors, I don't care what anyone says.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:30 PM   #93
TailboardJockey

Name: TailboardJockey
Title: Infidel
Member`s Gallery
I'm not speaking for DJ, but I haven't seen anywhere where he said he didn't want to test Stage III injectors.

I'm pretty sure that he said he'd like to test stock injectors and whatever other sized injectors anybody wants to provide.

I'd like to see stock, 190's, and 250's tested myself, but that's probably asking for a little too much. It seems to me that most of us who are in the market for a regulated return system aren't looking to go bigger than 190's anyway. I could be wrong.

IAFF Local 1699
USAF Combat Rescue

Closed Thread