Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 11:03 PM   #1
onefastgranny

Name: onefastgranny
Title: One Fast Granny
Member`s Gallery
2008 Southern Smoke Show

Hello all! I would like to take this opportunity to invite all of you to the 2008 Southern Smoke Show in Winston/Salem, NC.

Trucks Unlimited Presents
Southern Smoke Show 2008

Well, we got many of the details figured out today. So here goes....

Where: The Farmington Dragway FarmingtonDragway.net This is a 1/8 mile track. Very nice track with great grounds and amenities.

When: September 12th and 13th. Rain day is going to be on the 14th.

Hotels: I have three hotels set up. We will fill them in order. I am just going to post info on the first one right now, when it fills up, I will post the others.

Quality Inn
1500 Yadkinville Rd.
Mocksville, NC 27028
(336) 751-7310
800-852-0035

$55.00 a night +tax. Be sure and tell them to give you the farmington raceway price. That will get you the $55.00 a night rate.

Admission: $10 Friday night per person...Test and Tune
$10 Saturday per person...Southern Smoke Show
2 day passes will be available so you can just pay once.

Food: We will be doing another "pot-luck" type meal Friday Night. Concessions at the track will be open. Alcohol is allowed, just NO GLASS.

Camping: There is plenty of room, so if you want to tent camp, camper camp or sleep in your truck you can do that as well. That is included in the admissions price. There are showers on site as well as power hook ups. They also have a dump site for camper waste.

Events: Drag Racing, Both Bracket racing and Gambler's(heads up.) Dyno, Show and Shine, Burn Out contest and Dyno Competition

Safety: To run at the track, you will need a helmet and a seatbelt minimum.

Other Vehicles: If you have another vehicle that you want to bring with you to run at the track, that is OK by us.

This is all for now. I will give you more details as they become available. This is going to be a great SSS. We have a ton more room this year compared to last year. It is going to be a blast. Vendors will be announced at a later date. Who is going to be the first to book a room?

Now for the good stuff....

Drum roll please...........................................

Ok folks you asked for it so here it is.......

You think you got what it takes to bring home some cash? Well line it up! We got some cold hard cash for you!

There will be 2 classes of racing at The Southern Smoke Show 2008

ET Brackets $10.00 to enter and an option for a 2nd round Buy Back for $10.00
Pay out for ET Brackets 1st Place $300.00 2nd Place $200.00 plus trophies

Gambler's Race $20.00 to enter and an option for a 2nd round Buy Back for $10.00
Pay out for Gambler's Race 1st Place $600.00 2nd Place $400.00 plus trophies

Now for some other big news of the day.....

Dyno Prizes

We will be again asking folks to guess what kind of horsepower they think their truck will put out on the dyno. The person who is closest without going over will win...... are you ready for this????

A $500.00 Gift Certificate from KLM Performance!!!!!

Oh but wait there is more!

The person with the Highest horsepower will win $200.00 cold hard cash!!!
The person with the 2nd Highest horsepower will win $100.00 cold hard cash!

And just when you thought it could not get any better...

There will be a very special prize handed out from the Dyno....
"THE SPECIAL GRANNY AWARD"

There will again this year be the Show-n-Shine competition with a stock and modified class and a Best in Show. Each class will have a 1st and 2nd place. So get those trucks looking good like they should be!

There are also many great prizes that will be given away as door prizes and we will have a Grand Prize drawing for a of 5"Dual stack kit with 5" turn outs from Grand Rock Pipe.

The one thing to remember is ......................

YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN ANY CONTEST. IF YOU ARE NOT PRESENT, THE PRIZE WILL GO TO THE NEXT CLOSEST ENTRY THAT IS PRESENT A THE TIME OF THE AWARD.

Folks be sure and tell all our sponsers and vendors THANK YOU. This is gonna be a great event! The biggest thanks of all goes to TRUCKS UNLIMITED!!!!!
Magna Flow 3.5" DP to 4" No Kitty, No Muffler, 5" Stainless Magna Flow Tip, Zoodad, Truetrac, Hellwig Sway Bars, Bilstein Shocks,Fumoto Valve, ARP Head Studs, Fluidampr, ITP Regulated Return, EGR delete, Autometer Gauges
Custom SCT
Injectors by Casserly
Turbo by Beans

Old 08-31-2008, 12:37 AM   #2
onefastgranny

Member`s Gallery
Anyone who may be coming and that will be there Friday evening, the meal will be served around 6 pm. Everyone is welcome to join us.
Magna Flow 3.5" DP to 4" No Kitty, No Muffler, 5" Stainless Magna Flow Tip, Zoodad, Truetrac, Hellwig Sway Bars, Bilstein Shocks,Fumoto Valve, ARP Head Studs, Fluidampr, ITP Regulated Return, EGR delete, Autometer Gauges
Custom SCT
Injectors by Casserly
Turbo by Beans

Old 08-31-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
eds04max

Name: eds04max
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Sounds good!!..............now if we could just get a sled there for truck pullin'........we could put Farmington 'on-the-map'!!
I might have to sneak up there.

06' 28' toyhauler

Spare truck: 01' LB7 ECLB

Old 08-31-2008, 04:36 PM   #4
onefastgranny

Member`s Gallery
There have been several requests for a sled! One thing at a time! We added the drags this year. We are really looking forward to this event. We would love to see your D-Max show up. This is an ALL Diesel event. The more the better! Come early and have fun!
Custom SCT
Injectors by Casserly
Turbo by Beans

Old 08-31-2008, 04:47 PM   #5
SuperDave4x4

Name: SuperDave4x4
Title: popcorn playa
Member`s Gallery
Sounds pretty well thought out! If I can find someone to ride with me I may be able to go. I just gotta get the Commerce race under my belt first.

(Sold)1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 24v CTD Ext. Cab- 01' motor w/ orings, .020 gasket, Garmon/SunCoast, Drag comp, 150hp EDMs, 57/72 twins, AD150, 20" Hoss, Proxes STII, Thuren/Carli, etc

Member #41

Old 09-05-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
onefastgranny

Member`s Gallery
I hate that i am gonna miss Commerce this year. I have been there the last couple of years and had a great time. We are keeping our fingers crossed for good weather and hoping that these crazy hurricanes will not calm down! Ya'll have a great time at Commerce and hope to see ya the following weekend. We are gonna have a great show lined out.

For those of you wondering about the situation critical..... that has been solved! So come on down or up, whatever the case may be for ya!
Custom SCT
Injectors by Casserly
Turbo by Beans

Old 09-05-2008, 05:54 PM   #7
bones

Name: bones
Title: certified n bovine defctn
Member`s Gallery
i am hoping to make event even if just to watch...

Old 09-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #8
onefastgranny

Member`s Gallery
Good to hear Bones but would love to see that truck make a pass or 3 or 4!
Custom SCT
Injectors by Casserly
Turbo by Beans

Old 09-06-2008, 12:58 PM   #9
Y_Knot

Name: Y_Knot
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
This track is all concrete & usually hooks pretty good.

Steve

Old 09-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #10
Harohunter

Name: Harohunter
Member`s Gallery
I plan on going.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:02 PM   #11
selfservices

Name: selfservices
Member`s Gallery
What time for the show on Sat? Do they race at night after the show? Thanks I am trying to make it looks like 4.
5 hours.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:14 AM   #12
Harohunter

Name: Harohunter
Member`s Gallery
Gates open at 8 Time runs start around 10 racing should end by 4 or 5?

Closed Thread