Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 2013+ 6.7L 385
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2019, 07:30 PM   #121
Jakediesel06

Name: Jakediesel06
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Just figure Iíd bump this to the top to see if there has been any progress on tuning a AS69RC
Old 10-30-2019, 12:40 AM   #122
Bersaglieri

Name: Bersaglieri
Title: Ron Swanson's Brother
Member`s Gallery
I've grossed up to 28,500lbs with this truck and put about 10,000 miles loaded and unloaded on it. So far, it's been great. The 45hp tow tune seems to work just fine loaded or unloaded. No funky shifts or flares that I've noticed. And, unlike my Duramax trucks that could never wanted to lug loaded, this thing will pull down to 1200rpm before it downshifts. Hell, sometimes the land will level out and it'll pull back through the RPM's from 1200rpm and then upshift.

My only complaint is that the tow/haul and exhaust brake buttons are on the lower dash next to the cup holders. I really would prefer it was on the end of the shifter stalk or even towards the cluster on the dash somewhere.

Legally it's not an Allison, but it's damn close and behind a nice torquey 6.7L Cummins. I don't regret buying a 6.7L/Aisin vs a labor intensive Cummins/Allison swap into a Ford. It does exactly what I need it to.

[EDIT] I did notice alot of dead pedal [especially coming from a 12v] when I first got it, but I don't notice it as much anymore. Not sure if I subconsciously work around it or not. However, it is something that when it does happen, it's when I'm trying to jet out and merge into traffic. I would like to find a solution to that. I can also tell there is TQ management going on, not sure how much, but you definitely know what it's off and putting power to the ground. This thing scoots for a relatively stock truck when it's locked up and rolling.
1994 - LT1 - 4L80e - Moser

Last edited by Bersaglieri; 10-30-2019 at 12:45 AM.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:58 PM   #123
frankencummins

Name: frankencummins
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Who's tuning? This crap I've got from Hardway sucks with any kind of weight behind you. Surprisingly it's worse than stock. Unlocked to 45mph, in 4th gear at 30 mph, no exhaust brake unless you're running 45 mph. Absolutely trash for towing anything more than a yard trailer. Customer service has been worse. Asked to get stock shift strategy back over a week ago with no result
Just about as pissed as I can be with the whole situation. Really wouldn't be as upset about it if I hadn't told them upfront I tow heavy regularly. Guess that detail was conveniently forgot. Honestly forgot how stressful it is to cowboy 13 head of bred cattle down 5 miles of an an 8% without an exhaust brake. Got to remember that tonight. Those 'member berries aren't very tasty.

'15 Laramie Longhorn 3500- deleted, Hardway tuned. Revmax Signature 700

'00 Cummins FASS 150, Airaid CAI, 5" exhaust, Quad Adr w/pv2, DAP 160's, Revmax signature series & triple disk converter, SDX 62/71/13

* Some assembly required* coming soon

Last edited by frankencummins; 11-10-2019 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:30 PM   #124
Empty_Pockets

Name: Empty_Pockets
Title: Undercover Epa agent
Member`s Gallery
I tuned a 13 with his tuning and it left alot to be desired.
Member berries i had forgot all about that.

Whats the relearn procedure on one of the aisins? Have a friend whos getting ready to delete and tune his 19
Old 11-10-2019, 08:44 PM   #125
frankencummins

Member`s Gallery
I actually halfway liked what I had before the re-tune for the Revmax. Pretty sure it was just stock strategy with the pressures turned up. Had its issues but at least I could put it's head to work down low & it didn't feel like the truck was neutered.
Not sure about the relearn on the Aisin, I'm running a 68rfe. Stocker made it 133k pulling the exact same loads I'm pulling now without much issue. Now I'm at 3k unlocked in 4th, trans running hot & praying I don't have something let loose up front. Didn't know they'd cracked the code on the '19's yet. Glad to hear it.

'00 Cummins FASS 150, Airaid CAI, 5" exhaust, Quad Adr w/pv2, DAP 160's, Revmax signature series & triple disk converter, SDX 62/71/13

Old 11-12-2019, 12:59 AM   #126
frankencummins

Member`s Gallery
Made the switch to CTT, initial seat feel tells me I'm going to like what I've got.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:06 AM   #127
Empty_Pockets

Member`s Gallery
Ive tuned a few stock, and a few trucks with some hp with ctt and havent ever had an issue.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:29 PM   #128
frankencummins

Member`s Gallery
Really like the way it pulled. Right up to the point where it broke the torque converter bolts or flex plate. Not sure, but here I sit watching the cars go by.

Last edited by frankencummins; 11-12-2019 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:18 AM   #129
Empty_Pockets

Member`s Gallery
Damn that sucks man. Any update on it?
Old 11-13-2019, 01:06 PM   #130
97rada

Name: 97rada
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
For those interested. I have a 14 with the aisin and I absolutely love it. Has a weird 1-2 flare shift that I am told is common but past that I love it. I am 26-28k total with race truck and trailer and set the cruise going up every hill on this side of the country.
I can tell it has dead pedal at time compared to a mechanical engine. So it knows how to keep itself alive. And for that I am happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:07 AM   #131
BRE

Name: BRE
Member`s Gallery
Iím waking this back up...

For 68ís whoís trans tuning is best? Iíve ridden in 3 different ones and I know out of the 3 who I prefer as far as feel when Iím just driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO
Old 02-14-2020, 08:48 AM   #132
blackmega3500

Name: blackmega3500
Title: habitual turbo swapper.
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRE View Post
Iím waking this back up...

For 68ís whoís trans tuning is best? Iíve ridden in 3 different ones and I know out of the 3 who I prefer as far as feel when Iím just driving.

H&S is the most copied.....

That says enough.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:37 AM   #133
fatty

Name: fatty
Title: VE
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRE View Post
I’m waking this back up...

For 68’s who’s trans tuning is best? I’ve ridden in 3 different ones and I know out of the 3 who I prefer as far as feel when I’m just driving.

I had a 2014 ram with a 68 and had PPEI tuning at first. The trans tuning was a lot worse than stock. It would almost never downshift and exhaust brake, it would just coast. I had then send me 4 or 5 different tunes to make it better and all of them were worse or the same. Told them I wanted a refund and got tunes from HPP. Their trans tuning was awesome. Anytime you let off it would lockup and exhaust brake until around 13-1400 rpm, then it would downshift and do it again. Also the shift pattern while accelerating was much improved with a lot less gear hunting when going around corners at low speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmega3500 View Post
H&S is the most copied.....

That says enough.
How do you know this? All it says is that tuners are lazy, if it's even true.

Last edited by fatty; 02-14-2020 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:04 PM   #134
BRE

Member`s Gallery
Interesting... my truck has PPEI in it right now. While I wonít say I love it, I donít feel itís bad by no means.
Havenít towed with it yet though and I donít typically use the exhaust brake and as soon as I get a chance Iím pulling that POS turbo off and going s400.

Iíve ridden and drove PPEI, GDP, and Firepunk.

Firepunk is hands down my preferred but I donít know if itís worth paying to redo it all.
Iíve not found any hard evidence on anything that says PPEI has caused failures so I may just leave it.

There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO
Old 02-16-2020, 02:06 PM   #135
BRE

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatty View Post
I had a 2014 ram with a 68 and had PPEI tuning at first. The trans tuning was a lot worse than stock. It would almost never downshift and exhaust brake, it would just coast. I had then send me 4 or 5 different tunes to make it better and all of them were worse or the same. Told them I wanted a refund and got tunes from HPP. Their trans tuning was awesome. Anytime you let off it would lockup and exhaust brake until around 13-1400 rpm, then it would downshift and do it again. Also the shift pattern while accelerating was much improved with a lot less gear hunting when going around corners at low speeds

Update on this. Mine does the same thing as far as tow haul and exhaust brake unless youíre in manual mode then it completely changes everything so thatís a bit different to get used to.

RIP Dex KCCO
Old 02-17-2020, 03:33 PM   #136
Bersaglieri

Name: Bersaglieri
Title: Ron Swanson's Brother
Member`s Gallery
Has anyone done a fluid/filter service on their Aisin yet? I was going to do one with the next oil change. Seems Mobile 3309 is the same as Mopar's Aisin fluid. I'm planning a Mopar gasket and filter as well.

Looking for tips or advice on procedure and how many quarts I need.
1994 - LT1 - 4L80e - Moser
Old 02-17-2020, 04:53 PM   #137
TCDiesel

Name: TCDiesel
Title: Home of the Gold Pumps
Member`s Gallery
I have confirmed That 3309 Is the correct OEM Lube. 2013 Cross member extremely tight , Mine is so tight I needed to loosen the Rear Trans Mount bolts and raise it 1 3/4 inch.

You can Reuse the OEM Gasket if careful, I would have Backup if needed.

What's Odd My 2016 has enough room and NO need to lift the Trans. I also install Fumoto Valve. Its been on for 6 Years, I like it, Its much easier to get Good sample for analysis when running.

The fluid amount will change according to How you service the trans 4 to 7 QT's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aisin valve - Copy.jpg (120.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by TCDiesel; 02-17-2020 at 05:02 PM.