Badass Custom Flat Bed

That red truck looks great. Of the ones ive been around the best ones were built by the people who had to work out of it.

i just bought a CM flatbed n now modifying it to exactly what i want they were close but i dont like their light setup n some other things so im cuttin stuff off n welding in the stuff i want.

gunna be a lil work but at least it will be different n what i want.

if you dont wanna build one from scratch just do what i did n find one that has the lines you want n then make it yours!

I've been doing extensive research on custom pipeline welding beds, and I have come to 2 different conclusions. The before mentioned Bob King welding beds are just pure awesome. But if you have the extra time and want to keep cost to a minimum, RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH and then DIY! There are a lot of different ways to bring an effective and beautiful welding bed together.

I've been doing extensive research on custom pipeline welding beds, and I have come to 2 different conclusions. The before mentioned Bob King welding beds are just pure awesome. But if you have the extra time and want to keep cost to a minimum, RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH and then DIY! There are a lot of different ways to bring an effective and beautiful welding bed together.

You are exactly right. Cm beds are thin plate, crappy little boxes, no refinement, and over priced. I've built a dozen pipeline beds and I've yet to have more than $3,500 in one. Rigwelder.com has lots of pics, my last two rigs are on there. Both 2nd gens, the one is dark blue with a little short bed with plenty of stainless, and the other is green and white. If you haven't looked there, it would be worth your time for ideas.

build the bed your self. Also, if he plans to work in texas, state troopers are starting to weigh welding rigs going up and down the roads. 11k #'s is the limit. My two brothers in law and father in law are all rig welders, two have been busted on weight, and are now putting their trucks on a diet. To me that seems unreasonable, as a 4wd4door ford can weigh 8500 empty, add a welder and equipment and it can stick you over fast. Even though the factory gvwr is around 16 k.

Back