Cummins QSC 8.3 CAPS PLEASE HELP!!

OK I have new filter in stock at the farm.
For sure I can do that.
Might be a couple days snow on the ground here already and cold to work in non heated shed

Yea hours don’t mean chit, I’ve changed fuel filters twice in the same 500 mile day after getting some dirty fuel.

No that was the original pump run with a pigtail temporary testing wire the truck shop made for me.
I had no small pins and connector for testing but they had and were nice enough to manufacture that.

I better clarify this It won't let me edit.
The Original to the machine lift pump got changed 1/2 way through harvest.
There has been no codes set by the combine self diagnostics at all since the lift pump change.
The machine has been running since that on the original ECM and a new Cummins OEM lift pump until the last day when I ran the machine myself where I experienced a drop in power and varying rpms.
If that makes more sense?

Last edited:
Yea hours don’t mean chit, I’ve changed fuel filters twice in the same 500 mile day after getting some dirty fuel.
Oh I hear you.
But all the machines on this farm all get fuel from the same tank and there has been no issues with any other machines.
The combines 2 of them one JD and the MF 8780xp fuel always get double filtered before the fuel even enters them.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly the electric lift pump was used for priming only on the ISC.Once it timed out and the engine was running the gear pump on the CAPS took over.

Back