my current project

No23

23diesel
Well I've post a build on Cummins forum and thought I would share some with u guys too.
it starts with this
IMG_20110101_150302.jpg

then came this
IMG_20101213_160153.jpg

then some of this
IMG_20110427_093646.jpg

that turned into this
IMG_20110617_181810-1.jpg

that once stabbed looked like this
IMG_20110618_194751.jpg

that all complete looked like this
underhoodof01.jpg

future plans consist of a roll cage and its getting lowered and some little sticky tires.

its a s362 over a he851.
the little guy is all for spool up then waste gate takes it from there.

Its the replacement for the hx82. The compressor wheel is like 94 inducer and 165 exducer.its huge

That is fukken sweet man!!:woohoo:.

Great looking truck, engine, turbo set-up, etc.!!

What did you get the HE851 off of? A QSK38 or QSK45?

Could we get more specs on...everything:D.

Im curious, what does the number 23 signify?

I'm not sure what that Turbo started life on.lol
23 is my lucky number.
Ill post up all the goodies soon. I've got quite the list of parts in It and yet to come.I'm hoping to have it ready for race season next year.I would like to go to a few meets and see What happens.

How big is your wastegate? Have you driven it down the road yet, how long till you start getting boost in the interstage piping?

When your truck is idling, is there enough exhaust flow to spin the big turbo, or does it just barely move and stall every now and then?

For example, on my 95', my 60mm HE351 spins at probably 5000 rpm at idle and my HT4B 83mm spins at 200 rpm at idle.

My setup has a little bit of lag around 25 psi boost where the wastegate fully opens and the HT4B starts coming to life, but it has GREAT top end power.

No it spins fast enough I wouldnt try to stop it. I've got my waste gate setup beautifully. There really is no lag it builds to thirty fairly quick and snaps up to eighty in seconds.I've still got some tuning with-it cause I'm trying to keep it under 100psi. Especially when I get the nitrous flowing.I haven't hooked it up yet but its tune one thing at a time.

Back