Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 2007.5-2013 6.7L
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 06:44 PM   #1
2rowdy

Name: 2rowdy
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Calling it a recall

I checked my vin on the dodge site earlier and pulled up a recall. iirc it said reprogram ecm and replace O2 sensor something(sorry memory isn't the only thing thats short). Talked to service rep and he had to call me back and tell me they had about 20 O2 sensors on order would call and let me know when to bring in truck. Sorry if this has already been posted.
2007.5, 6.7 liter, mega cab, 4 x 4, 68rfe trans, anti-spin, 3.73 rear axle,brilliant black crystal pearl, ISSPRO a-pillar pyro, boost, trans temp, rail pressure, Smarty, extreme power puck, HTT 66/73/13-ss.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:44 PM   #2
cumminside

Name: cumminside
Title: Who stole my smoke?
Member`s Gallery
MY service advisor told me I had to get the latest reflash done to my truck, but I want to know what that entails and if anyone noticed a difference in how the truck drove/mileage with the new one.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:26 PM   #3
Bluetick

Name: Bluetick
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
I just got mine back today and they replaced the sensor and put in the newest flash update. It doesn't change performance. Hopefully it will take care of the engine light problem. I have had mine in the shop 5 times with the engine light on. Every time they would put in a new flash and last time they replaced the turbo. After replaceing turbo, the engine light came on the very next day. When I asked them about the lemon law, they told me about the recall. We'll see if it happens again.
Darrell

Old 11-10-2007, 07:13 PM   #4
Stock Ram

Name: Stock Ram
Title: Haulin' Grass
Member`s Gallery
Been there. In 3 days I got a New sensor, new filter, new turbo and they flashed it right after they replaced the PCM.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:06 PM   #5
Burner

Name: Burner
Title: slow poke
Member`s Gallery
You'd think that Cummins would have this figured out. I wonder if it's a problem with the 4500/5500 trucks?

Old 11-28-2007, 07:38 PM   #6
Stock Ram

Name: Stock Ram
Title: Haulin' Grass
Member`s Gallery
Great news, at 6700 miles my check engine light is on again. It was already scheduled to go back to the shop on Friday (getting around 11 - 12 mpg). I can only guess what's wrong with it this time.

I keep an attorney on retainer and I think it's time to ask about lemon laws!!!

Old 11-28-2007, 09:12 PM   #7
Digger_717

Name: Digger_717
Title: Banned
Member`s Gallery
I got the recall paper in the mail today. My truck runs great and I am not about the remove the fuel rail shims or my MP-8 unless it stops running completely. I hated reflashes on my 2005 F-350, not about to make the same mistake twice.

I guess well see what happens....

Old 12-11-2007, 10:33 AM   #8
Drummer1

Name: Drummer1
Title: Wise Beyond my years
Member`s Gallery
Exclamation

I been having issues with the Check engine light coming on it has now been 6 times, they cleaned the Particulate filter,replaced the O2 sensor,reprogrammed the software and now is replacing the Turbo, I too asked about the lemon laws and was told in Florida that after 3 times of the same thing I could start the process, so I have started this process as also told by the dealership. also word of advice you should also call chrysler and start a ticket with customer service another way to document your issues.

Last edited by Drummer1; 12-11-2007 at 10:47 AM.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:01 PM   #9
Bluetick

Name: Bluetick
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Replacing the turbo is a waste of time. There is nothing wrong with it. They replaced my turbo and the engine light came back on the next day.
Get them to replace the module that they are recalling and that will fix the problem.
Darrell

Old 12-12-2007, 10:06 AM   #10
Drummer1

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetick
Replacing the turbo is a waste of time. There is nothing wrong with it. They replaced my turbo and the engine light came back on the next day.
Get them to replace the module that they are recalling and that will fix the problem.
Darrell
Darrell, I already had them replace it last week and last week the codes it threw off was the turbo as well, and so now the light came back on with the same code. I guess I should push the issue and start the Lemon law? and have them build me a new one?

Old 12-12-2007, 10:56 AM   #11
Drummer1

Member`s Gallery
I couldn't seem to find on how to use the "Key Trick" in order to obtain the trouble codes. Can anyone tell me on how to do this?
Scott

Old 12-12-2007, 02:32 PM   #12
Burner

Name: Burner
Title: slow poke
Member`s Gallery
Inster key and turn to RUN (no start) three times..... on/off/on/off/on and wait about 30 seconds. You should see codes where the odmeter is and when it's finished, codes or not, you'll see the word -done-.

Closed Thread