Little help please

250stroker

Hey guys. I normally pull a 4x4 6.0 but I picked up A 2 wheel drive 7.3 for 500 bucks and I wanted to pull it. It's an auto and I'm not sure what gear in the rear I can run. It has 373 in it. I put a 66 charger on it and some custom tunes. Just wanna try it for fun at a local brush pull tommorow. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Read thru some of the other post to get ideas for a 2wd set up. That will help alot...

As far as gearing goes.. Id start out in first and shift it out to 2nd and see what happens.. If 2nd is too much might look around for a 4.11 gearset or lower.
Good Luck.

Thanks. I've been reading on here all night. I pretty much have all the traction bar and weight setups under control. Just wasn't sure about the gear selection. I didn't think I'd get second out of it. I'll give it a shot. I'm the only diesel in the class so I wanna beat up on the gassers a little bit haha. Thanks the info

i tried to pull my 2wd...

under 400hp it was great....undefeated pulling for 3yrs
680-993HP it broke every pull (3 output shafts and 1 engine)

next pull is in a few weeks but new engine wont be ready by then, finally got the broken shaft problem fixed and smoked an old tired engine.....didnt expect it to make it through the summer, hoping it would let go on a dyno at a bigger event but oh well

all i have is on my phone

its not that impressive, cant really see the front tires lift and just gives up and smokes on the end

awe I was hoping for this

hbomb.jpg

so was i

i spun about 5200RPM's on the dyno a couple weeks before the engine let go, regularly seen 4-4500rpm's numerous times a day and the occasional "lets see how high it will spin today"

that was all on the converter, i was gonna go make a sled pull tune for the trans to lock the converter but didnt get another pull

maybe next year i will be able to get some good air under the tires and a little more wheel speed

Back