Change of heart-Fly by wire swap

I retract my statement, as of the moment it appears that my apps is reading high voltage and took out the ant eater. Looks like I will be fluking and chasing wires the rest of the day to figure this out. It was a new mopar apps. Guess I am going to get very familair with all of the wiring. Shoutout to the boys at FP for straightening this mechanical R-Tard out.

You would have to have a short to high source then, the apps circuit alone isn't capable of that.

Unless it did what I spoke of. ?

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Upon spending a lot of time with a chart and running out of ideas. I shipped the harness, ecm & pedal to reputable harness builder. So far he has found a few wiring issues in the app side of the harness. Incorrect pin placements. I am hopeful getting this back will fix the issue! He is going to test the ECM next to make sure it is still fine. To be continued

Truth be told, I now have learned how to properly use a fluke. My voltage issue is gone. My repaired anteater is being re-installed & re calibrated tonight. I have a .6-4.6 swing on my apps. Everything appears to be back to normal. Now back to our normal programming & beating on this truck.

It has been a while since if have given an update on the cr 2g. My apps issue is gone. I now have moved onto the next issue the truck is having p0201 all the way through 206 is being an annoying DTC. I have added more grounds, replaced the valve cover harness and racked my simple brain. IMO, its either the ECM is bad or the harness. These were present codes since forever, as i have presumed it was something i could figure out. Regardless, i have a new harness ordered and i purchased a spare 849. I am leaning towards the harness. The harness ohm's out fine for all injectors wires. I plan on load testing every circuit once i replace it. Currently the truck runs and drives so until my new harness comes i am not going to disassemble too much. I gave up my good parking spot where something can sit forever to another project, 69 Cadillac el dorado... But, we ended up getting the truck on a 224x dyno and made 5 pulls over 800hp. I am very happy with this as a start. I believe with more time spent on the dyno, getting used to the setup, and a resolve to my code issue, i will be able to find quite a bit more power in it. Peep the link.

850 horsepower 2nd gen - YouTube

Attachments

• IMG_8989.jpg
    IMG_8989.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 0
Are you running a later generation injector solenoid on the 849?

Are you running a later generation injector solenoid on the 849?

no, it has 03 injectors. I also ohm'd the solenoids and they were all in spec. i really am hoping its the harness. the harness plugs to the valve cover seem very low quality imo compared to the OEM 06 harness i have. :nail:

no, it has 03 injectors. I also ohm'd the solenoids and they were all in spec. i really am hoping its the harness. the harness plugs to the valve cover seem very low quality imo compared to the OEM 06 harness i have. :nail:
This is closer to my engine than I thought.
I ran the early style base and harnesses though.
Do a drag test on the connections.

Here I am, humbled again. Every time I feel confident knowing how to diag and go over a setup, I am reminded that I still have grass growing under my shoes. After much toiling and spinning of my wheels... Re-torquing feed tubes fixed 90% of my issues. The only issues that remain are codes & a very, emphasis on very, random hiccup under low throttle input. For now. I am going to drive the wheels off this pig until cali's mild winters make me park it. I seek forgiveness for my denseness. Call me a simpleton I guess. I have to thank the boys at FP. Gav and lars for helping me, more than I deserve.

Here I am, humbled again. Every time I feel confident knowing how to diag and go over a setup, I am reminded that I still have grass growing under my shoes. After much toiling and spinning of my wheels... Re-torquing feed tubes fixed 90% of my issues. The only issues that remain are codes & a very, emphasis on very, random hiccup under low throttle input. For now. I am going to drive the wheels off this pig until cali's mild winters make me park it. I seek forgiveness for my denseness. Call me a simpleton I guess. I have to thank the boys at FP. Gav and lars for helping me, more than I deserve.
Mine does a single spike randomly at times. I catch it when I come to a stop at a light, after idling for a bit.

I had an inkling that my power steering lines were up to par. I popped one and left a blood trail to my house. I am upgrading the pressure side to ptfe by deatschwerks. First experience with there products and i must say they have very nice fittings and braided hose.

I had an inkling that my power steering lines were up to par. I popped one and left a blood trail to my house. I am upgrading the pressure side to ptfe by deatschwerks. First experience with there products and i must say they have very nice fittings and braided hose.
Get some pictures.

Pictures would not quite do any justice. Without a hydroboost not much is visible. The ptfe lines are working great. I have put more miles on the truck since the last update. I am no longer scared of the power, at this point all i do is drive around and do rollers. I need to get the front axle CAD hooked up to an auxiliary vacuum pump. The Leed Brakes VP002 pump has been pretty great for the brake booster. Although, I should upgrade to a hyrdoboost one day, another skunk works project. I am hoping that we gets some nice weather soon and I will get the truck back on the local 224x to see what I can get for numbers. I will try to upload some pictures and videos in the near future.

I am stumped, i am on my second 53030493AB two prong oil pressure sending unit. Both have eventually started leaking at the crimp, or the o-ring in the middle. Now, considering this part is on back order somewhat indefinitely, i am torn on what to do. I have the sending unit on the filter housing. Are the new cummins parts junk or am I asking to much of these sending units? Its nice having the factory 2g dash mostly working LOL

The Cummins part # is 3923200. The one on my ‘95 had over 350K miles on it and was 25 years old when I got rid of it. Probably expensive, and may not be any better, but you might try a Cummins sender.

My original was broken when I bought my 96, I replaced with a napa and it left me with 303k on it.

They are only idiot switches.

I agree its an idiot switch. But having dash functionality is nice, the two i have gone through are both from genos, i just realized i posted a genos p# not a cummins. I will throw a third at it and see what happens

I will not be complaining about throwing a new idiot switch in. While replacing the oil pressure switch i noticed that my manifold turbos oil feed line was touching the t4 flange even with the blanket on. This saved me quite a bit of time and cleaning i would say! I did a much better routing job this time around LOL

Attachments

• IMG_1102.jpg
    IMG_1102.jpg
    794.8 KB · Views: 0
Back