Drag Racing w/2.6 trucks????

rickFPP

Promoter USA-EAST
yesterday i was at the PRI drag races put on by NADM at the Central Florida Racing complex in Orlando. Chuck and the guys from NADM did a good job but the announcer left much to be desired. but this got me thinking about 'dirt drag racing' in 2011.

we bought all of the lights and equipment in '08 for drag racing, but the number of diesel trucks that showed up was seriously disappointing and in the end RJ and the track guys said 'too much work for four or five trucks', so the experiment was ended and drag racing died a quiet death.

now after seeing 25 street truck show up in Orlando, i am interested again, but i would like some input for 2.6 pullers in our area as to whether or not they would be interested in 2011.

thanks, Rick

I didn't realize you had timing equipment for dirt drags!! I need to rent some or have you help with our Labor Day '11 event.

yesterday i was at the PRI drag races put on by NADM at the Central Florida Racing complex in Orlando. Chuck and the guys from NADM did a good job but the announcer left much to be desired.

LOL Unlike FPP's announcer, who could make a turtle race sound like a NASCAR finish. :rockwoot::rockwoot:

I'll bet I could find a young driver that would enter our truck. :tree:

Rick, we did dirt drags at Smithton at the last couple events they had. We had probably 15 trucks and the people loved it. It was Pinks style, arm drop start and the first to cross the line wins.

Better have a long and wide track if you wanna run 2.6 trucks.
The buck has dirt drags and it gets hairy with street trucks. But I guess real 2.6 trucks wouldnt drag anyway.

i dont think you will bealbe to have classes

no drag truck will pull and i dont see many pulling trucks playing in the drags

will it work yes but how come you want to put a limit on turbo size??

Right now in central florida we have diesel dirt drags everymonth at 2 tracks 2nd sat is at Melbourne Motorsports, and 3rd Sat at Bithlo Motorsports.

And I'm going to keep u in your place roger your coming to MY track that's right saturday at bithlo racing at 7 its MY track rodger!! Lol

I'd be down to dirt drag my LB7 project truck! I thought I had a challenge to do it at Bean's pull but the guy backed out after I quickly accepted! hahahaha I think he realized I had a huge traction advantage that would overcome his horsepower advantage on the spongy track. But I would have done it!!! It would be a blast! I'd be down for mud drags too!!!

Dang are u running away now that the truck is back in action!!! You were talking a lot of smack last race when I was broke!!! Hmmm

Ya just look up "Neilden" on YouTube and there is a few on there I've got a bunch I need to upload yet.

Back