Helix 2

Mopar Man

I would like some info on your Helix 2 Cam for the truck in my sig. What are the pros & cons? I am looking to lower EGT's, Clear up some smoke (Smoke is realy frowned on hear in southern CA) & maby spool the turbo a little quicker. I was told that this cam was the way to go. So could you give me what ever info you can & maby some pricing? TIA.

Helix 2: The Helix 2 is the best choice for just about all high performance applications. Single turbocharger and twin turbocharger engines will both benefit. Large reductions in maximum exhaust gas temperatures and smoke are immediately noticed. Increased throttle response and pulling power. Lift is higher and duration is extended on both the intake and exhaust lobes. This cam is ground from a new blank casting and is not a regrind. The H2 has the lobe ground for a mechanical fuel pump. Bolted-on drive gears raise the durability of the system and allow for added piece of mind with high powered engine combinations. Cam failuers and gear walk have been indicated in even stock Cummins engines using the P7100 pumps that used the press-on gear system. Bolt-on gears fix this potential trouble in high performance applications.

RPM range of the Helix 2 is from idle to 4000 RPM
Now Complete with Bolt, Billet Retainer, and Keyway!

Valve Spring Upgrades are recomended with the use of a Helix 2

Cams Here

PM Sent

Last edited:
50 cams arrived and have all been spoken for by vendors in early June. You should check with each vendor to see availability. The vendors can be found at http://www.f1diesel.com/contacts.html We are currently sold out of the cams but we are ready for the next shipment with a waiting list.

If it's your first time plan on 8 hours out and 10 hours back in. A good shop should be able to do it within a day if it's not their first time- 10-12 hours tops.

Day-UM!!!! Is the cam mod really worth the $$$ ???

I gonna go twins sometime soon and spool is gonna be an issue.....That's just a LOT of Chedder for what seems like a little bit of spool, rpm, and power....

Or, is this cam mod even needed for a daily driven 700-750 truck?

Man, That's a big hit on the wallet!!

Day-UM!!!! Is the cam mod really worth the $$$ ???

I gonna go twins sometime soon and spool is gonna be an issue.....That's just a LOT of Chedder for what seems like a little bit of spool, rpm, and power....

Or, is this cam mod even needed for a daily driven 700-750 truck?

Man, That's a big hit on the wallet!!
They actually make 600hp more streetable with the wider RPM range. I think I posted the sheets before, but Chris & I dyno'd on the same dyno, same day and my torque curve was decently flat with the H2. His curve peaked early and went south after 2700rpm with the stock 12v cam. This behavior is more pronouced on the CR engines.

They actually make 600hp more streetable with the wider RPM range. I think I posted the sheets before, but Chris & I dyno'd on the same dyno, same day and my torque curve was decently flat with the H2. His curve peaked early and went south after 2700rpm with the stock 12v cam. This behavior is more pronouced on the CR engines.

So your saying its worth it at ANY Hp range??

Wondering if I should save to have and H2 installed while my truck is down for the twins?? I guess the H2 would really help the twins....

If they're bigger than stock, then I believe you'll like the cam to make them feel alive at the bottom and top ends. Here's the dyno sheet from my '98. I think it was a GT42 with a 71mm wheel as a single and about a 200hp shot. Very, very laggy and wouldn't spool until ~2300 on the street.

0428dyno.gif

They just dropped in price. And all come with the bolt and retainer for no extra charge now. I don't think you can even get the press on gear version any longer. Under $500 depending on who you get it from.

Back