Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > NHRDA
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

NHRDA Get info on NHRDA events and results here

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #21
Redneck6.0L

Name: Redneck6.0L
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
so it's nhrda's fault that there are no prostreet trucks in your division

and some of us do attend events with our own money. your not the only one

Nitrous is a Ford's best freind

Old 01-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #22
SCHOOL BUS

Name: SCHOOL BUS
Title: DLRA T-O
Member`s Gallery
so that he means he gets nothing?

Old 01-16-2011, 09:02 PM   #23
Redneck6.0L

Name: Redneck6.0L
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW View Post
Are you kidding me?? Count us out
sorry, i'm trying to remember, which truck was yours, i think i remember it was a red dodge, 2wd, we talked about me running both pro street and superstreet so you had someone to run. if that was you sorry we didn't run, knew the truck only had a few passes left in her

Nitrous is a Ford's best freind

Old 01-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #24
Scooter's Roofing

Name: Scooter's Roofing
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck6.0L View Post
so it's nhrda's fault that there are no prostreet trucks in your division

and some of us do attend events with our own money. your not the only one
if an event sponsor puts up a purse for the quickest vehicle in a particular class and only ONE vehicle in that class shows up, shouldn't they get the purse?

Old 01-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #25
VMAX

Name: VMAX
Member`s Gallery
This year we have a good line up in Texas. It is going to be totally different down here. If all are accounted for we should have 8 trucks running in pro street. Including the two that I ran with in Crandall.

I remember MDW putting in long hours busting his ass to get to this race only after the kids were mentioned. He truthfully jumped off whatever he was doing at the time and started building night and day to make this race for those kids and said it more than once here and in person to me. He should have been involved with the kids more at the track.

It does make sense to have the previous years champion on the flyer. Who knows the reasoning behind that...........

Last edited by VMAX; 01-16-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #26
pbft

Name: pbft
Title: Curmudgeon
Member`s Gallery
I’ve had the good fortune to be on several promotional race posters in the past. I really don’t care if I’m on a poster or not. I am probably the most underfunded competitor in the NHRDA. I rely solely on Social Security and a bit of Boeing retirement to fund my racing plus all my other bills. I have traveled 17,000 miles in each of the past two years just getting to NHRDA events in Divisions 1, 2, & 6, and, last year, the World Finals in Topeka, ALL ON MY OWN DIME! In my opinion NO ONE should be paid just to show up to an event. If you want to compete go to the race. Also, in my opinion, if a race sponsor puts up a purse (other than contingency and NHRDA) the payouts should be based on number of competitors for the specific class. To award a full 1st place purse to a class that only has one competitor not only short changes the sponsor but the fans as well. Payouts at any NHRA track for their Summit Racing Series is based on number of competitors. No one will profit from racing. The investment far outweighs the return. I guess what I’m trying to say is – If you want to compete go to the race. Any monetary return is just icing on the cake. There will always be disappointments, feelings of non-recognition, insignificant purses, etc. I’m looking forward to the upcoming season. I’m going to try to make every race in Divisions 1, 2, 3, & 6 and the World Finals in Topeka. Good luck to all.

Jim

2010 - NHRDA Division 2 Sportsman ET Champion
2009 - NHRDA Divisions 1, 2, & 6 Sportsman ET Champion
2008 - NHRDA Division 1 Pro-1 Champion
2007 - NHRDA Pro-1 Champion
2006 - HALLOWEEN CLASSIC Sportsman Eliminator Champion, Boise, Idaho

Old 01-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #27
MDW

Name: MDW
Member`s Gallery
It's about respect and acknowledgment for the support.
It's not about payouts, I understand what it takes to get an organization up and running.
I gave the NHRDA a way out as far as payouts, put us on the flyer. ie: help us with advertising, SOMETHING to say we appreciate you. They have declined obviously.
It would have been so simple to keep us happy just act like you care.
The first Championship I was even informed I won til the next year..
The lack of communication is appalling. They seem to be out of touch with there membership as I have recieved no communication from them concerning this matter, you would think they would at least try and placate a defending champion.

In closing: I am so frustrated with the lack of respect and slaps in the face that it's time to move on. We supported this organization for 2 years with almost nothing in return. I hope this wakes them up and they figure out a way to support the racers better in the future.

Michael
HRD

Old 01-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #28
DIESEL_POWER

Name: DIESEL_POWER
Title: NGM Diesel
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
It's not about payouts, I understand what it takes to get an organization up and running.
I gave the NHRDA a way out as far as payouts, put us on the flyer. ie: help us with advertising, SOMETHING to say we appreciate you. They have declined obviously.
The lack of communication is appalling. They seem to be out of touch with there membership as I have recieved no communication from them concerning this matter, you would think they would at least try and placate a defending champion.

In closing: I am so frustrated with the lack of respect and slaps in the face that it's time to move on. We supported this organization for 2 years with almost nothing in return. I hope this wakes them up and they figure out a way to support the racers better in the future.

Michael
HRD
Michael, your not the only one who has been thru this, but dont let it get you down, trust me i understand as i've had thoughts like this before. They need your support as do the other racers.

I say that even though it's apparent they have advertiseing flaws, you should still support your local diesel events when you can. No matter what the organization is. We as diesel racers need all the support we can get and were allready tearing it apart from the inside out..

Pretty soon we wont have a sport to compete in if we dont watch what were doing to our own fellow racers and org's..

I respect your feelings, and find them warranted, just sayin there is another point of view IMO

Old 01-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #29
Dalpilot

Name: Dalpilot
Title: Joe Nobody!
Member`s Gallery
How did my truck get on the flyer anyway?

I appreciate seeing it, but I/it has done nothing so far to get any attention. Were hoping to change that this year, but so far we have had nothing but troubles. I like seeing it in print and I am flattered, but I haven't ever eve been an nhrda member. I have to agree with Michael here and I would have appreciated at least someone from nhrda making a call asking if I minded them using my truck on the flyer. I don't actually support, or not support either of the organizations. I am still pretty disappointed both of them for the crap that went on last year trying to slit each others throats. Will I be at the race? Probably, it's in my backyard, but I am certainly not committing to it. I have a few things going on right now.

Last edited by Dalpilot; 01-17-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #30
Lower

Name: Lower
Member`s Gallery
They put your truck on the flyer without asking, and your not even a member? Micheal got the **** end of the stick, I would have a ****ty taste in my mouth about it as well.
Right. Just do like your momma did and fish em out of the toilet.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #31
Dalpilot

Member`s Gallery
I don't really care, I was just surprised.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #32
rocracing

Name: rocracing
Title: NHRDA President
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Michael
HRD
Michael
I will give you a call shortly so you can vent on me one more time.

Lets review
Last year I get a call and you chew me out over a bunch of stuff and I listened to everything you had to say and instead of having a conversation and me bringing up several points you just kept telling me how you should get all this publicity and what we are doing wrong.

Such as your company should be on the poster and flyers and website , though you dont sponsor the NHRDA in any other way than competiting.
Yes we need competitors but we also need sponsors to make this thing happen

I offered you a huge discount to be a sponsor and you declined. Again you said you should be put on all our marketing because you come out and compete 2 times a year.

We did put you on the poster for No Problem last year but again I get a call and you chew me out it was not a good picture.

How about you are the only truck in your class at Texas and your tranny hangs a shift and instead of getting out of the throttle you oil down the track and we are down for an hour and I also get $460 added to my track rental bill for the clean up and materials.

As for getting paid you did get $700.00 from the NHRDA and another $200.00 from contingency not bad pay for 3 passes.

Here is your statement last year on the Texas thread and in you qouted the NHRDA and we stated that we were getting trucks from a Dealer to take the kids down the track.

__________________________________________________ _____________
Ok, I didn't think we could make this event but lets say this is a HUGE motivator for me. We will be working very hard to get the truck back together for this event. We would be very happy to take the kids down the track in the Drag truck (if Allowed). Of course slowly
If anyone has any spare time I have a Painless wiring kit that needs installed.
Curtis is coming down this weekend to build the motor. John V. has been down every weekend to help out. Looking forward to making this event for the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRDA
Make a Wish Foundation and the NHRDA will be teaming up at the Texas Diesel Nationals and 6 young individuals that love trucks and drag racing will be on hand to help cheer for the favorite competitors.

We are also working with the local dealership to lend us some trucks so we can take them down the 1/4 mile and let them experience the thrill of drag racing.

So lets give them a warm welcome into the diesel community and say hi when you see them.

__________________________________________________ _______________

As far as MAW I told you last year that for insurance purposes and also the safety of the kids we would be driving the kids in stock trucks and that NHRDA staff would be the drivers. This was about raising money for the kids and making a difference not for you to be able to have a momment of glory. I still get emails from Sammy the little girl that was there and how excited she is to come back this year.

As far as our posters we have hired a graphics person in hopes to make better ads that attract more spectators to come out and watch our sport and get involved. We are not that worried about who is checking their p____ size.

Wade you were on several posters back when you competed with the NHRDA so not sure where that is coming from ?

So you can throw stones all you want at me saying we dont support our members and the diesel community but so far the only thing I hear from you is what you and your company gets for coming out to compete at our events. So are you for the sport or just yourself ?

Michael I will call your shop shortly and we can talk instead having a pissing match on the interenet.

http://www.NHRDA.com

Old 01-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #33
Dalpilot

Member`s Gallery
So how did my truck wind up promoting your organization?

Old 01-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #34
SCHOOL BUS

Member`s Gallery
I imagine that when you signed a release to compete or make test n tue that somewhere in there it says they can use pics of your truck. I think most events do that.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #35
rocracing

Name: rocracing
Title: NHRDA President
Member`s Gallery
So lets get this thread back on track about the 2011 Texas Diesel Nationals.

But First -
I will apologize for putting up a temporary flyer to get the word out early. We didnt even get our sponsors on the 1st flier because we wanted to get the word spreading about the event. We dont even have it on our own website yet.

Me and Michael talked and we both are passionate people and I apologize for posting what I did and letting the forum world get to me.

I should just have picked up the phone and called first, because after about 1 hour on the phone we both realized that we are just trying to promote Diesel Motorsports.

So my apologize to Michael and Hot Rod Diesels.

Ok now lets get back to the 2011 Texas Diesel Nationals

http://www.NHRDA.com

Old 01-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #36
DIESEL_POWER

Name: DIESEL_POWER
Title: NGM Diesel
Member`s Gallery
I dont care to get in a pissing match about this. I was not sideing against you randy, i was just letting mike know that it aint the end of the world for him,and his frustration shouldent be taken out on your org, because we need you and him both. Im for diesel motor sports and it's racers.

on a side not, maybe my memory is gone, but i dont remember my truck on anything poster wise, i know we had talked about it, but i never saw it at least. Sorry if i came across the wrong way.

Last edited by DIESEL_POWER; 01-17-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #37
SCHOOL BUS

Member`s Gallery
So what are the pay outs and how many trucks are required in each class to get the payout?

Old 01-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #38
VMAX

Name: VMAX
Member`s Gallery
Soooooooo how about a count of prostreet trucks that are going to make it?

I am in here and every other sanctioned event in Texas........... All two of them.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #39
imelmo

Name: imelmo
Title: Go away, I'm 'batin'!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMAX View Post
I am in here and every other sanctioned event in Texas........... All two of them.

Well me too.

The FORDOTA, '86 Toyota reg cab tube chassis to be powered by a 6.0 Powerstroke; finally back in progress

Old 01-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #40
Lower

Name: Lower
Member`s Gallery
Dont know if I will make it or not yet, but my truck will be in the ps class I think. But im only on a 10.5 tire as of right now.
Right. Just do like your momma did and fish em out of the toilet.

Closed Thread