Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 04:57 PM   #1
KBennett

Name: KBennett
Title: Toy Hauler
Member`s Gallery
Edge Juice/Attitude and Water/Meth questions

I am about ready to add an Edge Juice/Attitude to my truck and with the stock turbo I am concerned about EGT's. I know Matt Snow of Snow Performance has an Edge EZ on his truck and looking at the graphs on his website it looks like the Water/Meth is a good mod.

I use my truck mainly for towing and I'm thinking of doing the Stage 1 or 2 kit. If I use it for water only will it increase my cylinder pressures?
What do you guys think?

Old 10-15-2006, 12:28 AM   #2
CookCR

Name: CookCR
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I think you should be fine

Old 10-15-2006, 03:01 AM   #3
Ken in AZ

Name: Ken in AZ
Title: ill-tempered
Member`s Gallery
Im running all my mods with water injection and im fine, I think it's when you start adding meth is when the pressure goes up
98 12v 2wd, hurt B1, ATS mani 4" dp 5" single stack, custom plate, timing 22* 4GSK, Marine 370's, Marine HG .020" DevilsOwn Water/Meth inj, SBC 3250 12cb, Isspro 60psi and EGT, 3.54 powrlok dana 80, 285/65 18 front and 325/60 18 rear

Old 10-15-2006, 02:42 PM   #4
Mark Craig

Name: Mark Craig
Title: CompetitionDiesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
KBennett,

Using good common sense you'll be fine, water alone won't raise the cylinder pressures, only when combined with Methanol will they go up. If you have any questions please call us, we stock the Edge and Snow products and will be glad to help you.

Mark @ DPPI
DIESEL PERFORMANCE PARTS 1-866-455-7788 www.DIESELPERFORMANCEPARTS.COMMBRP SMARTY EDGE AUTO METER DiPRICOL/ISSPRO GAUGES/MOUNTS SUPERCHIPS PREDATOR BULLY DOG AFE INTAKE/EXHAUST TS PERFORMANCE POWERSLOT AIR DOG/RAPTOR FUEL SYSTEMS PML TRANNY PANS/DIFF COVERS ARP FLUIDAMPR STANADYNE INDUSTRIAL INJ

Old 10-16-2006, 06:22 PM   #5
revoaggie

Name: revoaggie
Title: dieselsmoke
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Craig
KBennett,

Using good common sense you'll be fine, water alone won't raise the cylinder pressures, only when combined with Methanol will they go up. If you have any questions please call us, we stock the Edge and Snow products and will be glad to help you.

Mark @ DPPI
I have a question about the edge. I just had the edge juice with att. installed on my 06 dodge. along with silver line exhaust and a afe stage 2 air intake. I read the manual and it states that on a some what stock truck its best to leave it on the 3rd setting for normal driving. what were to happen if I move it up to level 4 or possibly 5? how hard would I be able to drive it for damage to occur. thanks

Old 10-16-2006, 08:05 PM   #6
Billysgoat

Name: Billysgoat
Title: The ANTI-BLING!
Member`s Gallery
Well, if you get REALLY unlucky the turbo could go bye-bye But mainly what they are saying is that levels 4 and 5 are for the really extreme times you run it (read: RACING!!). Those levels are for that, not put-putting around town, you want to take it easy on the truck for most things, unless you just like spending money

03 Dog, named Clifford, to heavy to be fast.
11 335D, the grin machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
I was there & I herd Heath say.........."LET GO OF MY EARS, I KNOW WHAT I`M DOING"

BTB,BBB

Old 10-16-2006, 10:14 PM   #7
BigBadDodge

Name: BigBadDodge
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
If your looking for max cooling with the water/meth injection kits you should use a 12-15 % mix, it will cool better then straight water alone but not as bad on advancing the timing like a 50/50% mix would be.

BBD

Closed Thread