Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > Texas Diesel Shootout
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #41
VMAX

Name: VMAX
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHOOL BUS View Post
We are gonna have to work on new classes or something. There were three trucks there capable of tens. You think the 12-17 second guys are gonna show anymore? I don't. Hell I'm not gonna beat my truck up to race pro street trucks. Maybe a daily driven class, an unlimited class and as much as yall hate to see it a bracket class for that aren't competitive with the low 12 high 11 second trucks
2 classes should be plenty if divided right.

Man I got beat up out here for about 5 events. Just kept showing up.

I doubt these three trucks will be showing up everytime or even half the time. Our motor passes were close to most of the faster trucks. We can run motor only, should make for a reliable race truck in that state.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:45 PM   #42
emiller3

Name: emiller3
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitchesum View Post
Smoking Lightning and the Little Red Cummins Express
YouTube - TDS8 express lightning

Mark Bordelon and jtaylor
YouTube - TDS7 Bordelon Taylor

emiller6 killing a poor Mustang
YouTube - TDS6

Mark Bordelon and jtaylor
YouTube - TDS5 Taylor Lott

Little Red Cummins Express and Mark Bordelon - 1st race, not the last one.
YouTube - TDS5 Express Bordelon Race1

estelly and School Bus
YouTube - TDS3 OHagan and Stelly

Little Red Express - single run
YouTube - TDS2 redexpress

Couple of Megacabs racing. Not sure if they were a part of the shootout.
YouTube - TDS1 megacabs
That was Justins truck racing the mustang.
Calvins,BT,F1,& Driveway
11.08@127.86mph

02 lb7,sclb,4wd
Waiting on a transplant

Old 09-05-2009, 07:12 PM   #43
gitchesum

Name: gitchesum
Member`s Gallery
I figured that out after I posted it, but couldn't edit it. I'll fix the youtube comments though.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:58 PM   #44
ramctd

Name: ramctd
Title: AKA RamWheelsBy4
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke Racer View Post
I'm leaning toward heads up classes as listed above then maybe index racing for the 13 second and slower trucks(aka John)

as long as people continue to show we can make appropriate classes, The track is willing to work with us so getting it done should not be a problem. We'll just have to make sure that everyone is on their toes and things will go smoothly.
I'm ganna be working on some different ideas next week then maybe make a few polls and see what the majority likes.

Just remember we are out here for fun, fighting and arguing over rules will get us no where fast.
I have been on a "be nice to David" period, that may be over. And yes I have been backing up since March. Instead of being in the 11s I have progressed to the 13s. But at least I have been on the track when the truck is running.

My observation is that last night there were 6 trucks capable of 10 and 11 second passes. They all made multiple runs. Hell that is more than I have seen at some "national" events that were able to finish two passes. Maybe the Houston area and local performance shops have an opportunity to get a little national attention.

I know ET Bracket class has been ruled out, and I somewhat agree. But consider every race event, local, regional or national, sponsored by any of the Diesel Race associations always has an ET Bracket class. The reason is simple. No matter what the other classes are the general fan and diesel owner has an opportunity to participate. That is what brings the local guys to the track on a regular basis.

So last night you had 6 trucks willing to run in the competition, and two of us were just making passes with no chance to win. There was probably 12-15 trucks there that would have participated in an ET Bracket class. Even if you have the two class break down mentioned you still would have had the same 6 trucks split into two classes.

You don't have to offer any prize for ET Bracket, just for your Trophy class. I think HRP is one of the few tracks in the country willing to cater to a monthly diesel truck event in the middle of a regular track night. We once again as a diesel truck group showed the fans some fantastic racing and power. Probably a unique situation from a local track perspective.

I don't have a solution, just some of my thoughts. I do know that even with my truck running like hell, I look forward to the first Friday of every month. I really enjoy it, even with the harassment I take from Joe and David.

Studs, Springs, Flux 2s, Silver Bullet, II Bag of Parts, AFE Stage II, 6" Stack, Billet TC/Trans by HotRodDiesels, TST R49, MP-8, Smarty TNT/R.
12.43s @ 108.48

Old 09-05-2009, 08:07 PM   #45
Powerstroke Racer

Name: Powerstroke Racer
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Good post pops, we would have a very hard time doing an ET class on Friday night, we may be able to do something every other month on a Saturday or Sunday where we come in early and have more time to race.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!
Diesel Innovations Online Performance Diesel Products!

Old 09-05-2009, 09:22 PM   #46
ramctd

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Good post pops, we would have a very hard time doing an ET class on Friday night, we may be able to do something every other month on a Saturday or Sunday where we come in early and have more time to race.
I agree it would take a little more organization. Sundays would certainly make it easier for me, but not necessary. Maybe we could use a little organization from the DLRA anyway. (That was for the "pops" reference). Every other month or so would be ok, maybe even every three months. Only major issue with bracket is having the guys do runs to determine their dial in. But I have been to HRP where they would have an impromptu Bracket race announced late in the day or night. Didn't matter what you ran, just put in xxx dollars, put a dial in time on the vehicle and go line up. Winner takes all. Seen anywhere from 5 vehicles up. The track would certainly have to agree.

If you show up by 7:30 and make a couple runs by 8:30 you should be able to have a dial in time. From there it is no different than any other class eliminations as far as runs. Start at 9:30pm and no problem finishing. Just have some markers to put dial in times on truck and line up the same way as you are doing. Winners match up low to high ET and go race. A 12 truck field takes 12 total runs in 4 rounds. That is not time restrictive even on a Friday night if done right.

Ok I am through with suggestions. Hope my 6 numbers come up soon and I then I won't care. I won't be messing with the slow pokes like me from that point on. I will be looking for the best parachute kit.

Studs, Springs, Flux 2s, Silver Bullet, II Bag of Parts, AFE Stage II, 6" Stack, Billet TC/Trans by HotRodDiesels, TST R49, MP-8, Smarty TNT/R.
12.43s @ 108.48

Old 09-05-2009, 09:51 PM   #47
gitchesum

Name: gitchesum
Member`s Gallery
Honestly, I get a bigger kick out of watching a 7000# truck beat a F&F import or a obnoxiously loud gasser that makes a lot of tire smoke, revs it to the limiter and runs a 14 second 1/4 pass.

If you got guys that don't want to race because they are scared of getting beat by a faster truck, that's too bad.

Seriously, it costs an extra 10 bucks to race, it's not like your putting up entry money for a competition. Mike, Joe and David decided to put up a prize to make things a little more interesting. I don't think guys like Eric Stelly and a few other drive 3-4 hours to a race for a small, albeit very cool trophy. They come out to race where there is not only a sizable group of other diesel trucks, but a track and crowd that appreciate what we're doing here.

Why not just come out, get your tech card, make your runs, get in line for eliminations and if you get beat in the 1st round, so what. You keep making passes and beat up on the annoying cars or go grab a beer and sit on the sidelines and watch the other guys race.

Why make things so complicated?

Old 09-05-2009, 10:01 PM   #48
SCHOOL BUS

Name: SCHOOL BUS
Title: DLRA T-O
Member`s Gallery
Who is making things complicated? I'm just saying Im probably gonna start taking it easy on the ole girl. She started freaking out on me on the way home. I'm ok with the one lap no crap, but I'm not too crazy on the 5 round eliminations. I'll come out and support yall an help anyway I can but I'm taking it easy on the bus til business picks back up and I can fix the **** that breaks

Old 09-05-2009, 10:30 PM   #49
VMAX

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Honestly, I get a bigger kick out of watching a 7000# truck beat a F&F import or a obnoxiously loud gasser that makes a lot of tire smoke, revs it to the limiter and runs a 14 second 1/4 pass.

If you got guys that don't want to race because they are scared of getting beat by a faster truck, that's too bad.

Seriously, it costs an extra 10 bucks to race, it's not like your putting up entry money for a competition. Mike, Joe and David decided to put up a prize to make things a little more interesting. I don't think guys like Eric Stelly and a few other drive 3-4 hours to a race for a small, albeit very cool trophy. They come out to race where there is not only a sizable group of other diesel trucks, but a track and crowd that appreciate what we're doing here.

Why not just come out, get your tech card, make your runs, get in line for eliminations and if you get beat in the 1st round, so what. You keep making passes and beat up on the annoying cars or go grab a beer and sit on the sidelines and watch the other guys race.

Well said! With the $200 prize gone you have a trophy left. I mean how many of the same trophy's does one need to see lined up on a mantel???? Most all of the fast trucks I can think of have one but us. It should just be about fun and bringing in the crowds. I had some of my best Friday nights mostly losing at the final race. Would do it all over again with or without Lil Red........

Old 09-05-2009, 10:38 PM   #50
ramctd

Member`s Gallery
Ok, never mind all the complications. I will probably show up no matter what the format. I use to hit the track at least three times a month. When the truck is back to normal I am sure I will again. And the most fun is lining up against a mustang gt, firebird, fart can or such and just blowing them away.

12.43s @ 108.48

Old 09-05-2009, 11:47 PM   #51
SCHOOL BUS

Member`s Gallery
Well said John. No matter what the format, as long as Joe, David, and Michael put on a race, I'll be there. Once again, thanks guys.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:54 PM   #52
BIGRPOWR

Name: BIGRPOWR
Title: SBTTFMF
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHOOL BUS View Post
Well said John. No matter what the format, as long as Joe, David, and Michael put on a race, I'll be there. Once again, thanks guys.
congrats scott!! 11's on lockdown buddy, you earned it!
CONTACT US FOR ANYTHING DIESEL RELATED FROM INTAKES TO EXHAUST AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN
800-581-8986

Old 09-06-2009, 12:07 AM   #53
Timbeaux

Name: Timbeaux
Title: Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Just remember we are out here for fun, fighting and arguing over rules will get us no where fast.
Brilliant.......

Get em Dave!!!! That is the way to go!
NO LIMIT FAB, DIESEL SOUTH, DC CUSTOMS
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight unvictorious."

Old 09-06-2009, 12:47 AM   #54
ramctd

Member`s Gallery
For those that are not familiar with Scott's (Scott Singleton - HRP ASST. DRAG RACE MANAGER, ANNOUNCER/PHOTOGRAPHER, Photojournalist: RPM MAGAZINE) photography site see below. The best race track pictures in the country. He takes these while announcing the races, and having a good time with drivers and fans. Thanks Scott.

Scan through Friday nights pictures for great pics of our trucks and people.

FRIDAY NIGHT STREET RACING 9-4-09 - SSRacingPhotos.com--By Scott Singleton

12.43s @ 108.48

Old 09-06-2009, 02:08 AM   #55
SCHOOL BUS

Member`s Gallery
How about a diesels vs the world format? Grudge match style?

Last edited by SCHOOL BUS; 09-06-2009 at 02:17 AM.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:16 AM   #56
SCHOOL BUS

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGRPOWR View Post
congrats scott!! 11's on lockdown buddy, you earned it!
Thank you sir! You're the next member for the 11 second club right?

Old 09-06-2009, 07:12 AM   #57
JTaylor

Name: JTaylor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Very good point Curtis! This is definitely not going to stop me from participating at events. I have a blast racing against MDW or Mark Bordelon, even though they are 10 second trucks. I get an excellent show from my view! I'll line up against them any day of the week.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:48 AM   #58
VMAX

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramctd View Post
For those that are not familiar with Scott's (Scott Singleton - HRP ASST. DRAG RACE MANAGER, ANNOUNCER/PHOTOGRAPHER, Photojournalist: RPM MAGAZINE) photography site see below. The best race track pictures in the country. He takes these while announcing the races, and having a good time with drivers and fans. Thanks Scott.

Scan through Friday nights pictures for great pics of our trucks and people.

Thanks for the link... Awesome photos!

Old 09-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #59
Cummins Express

Name: Cummins Express
Member`s Gallery
looks like you guys got it hooking good

Old 09-06-2009, 11:17 AM   #60
VMAX

Member`s Gallery
Not really Could not hold more than 6-7LBS of boost off the line. Gonna do a brake job and ladder bar adjustment. Might even do dual calipers if we have too. Gonna change out to the taller gear you gave me next week also. The shifts were way too fast, think we are losing some of our peak torque. I believe we did well though being the 1st time at the track.

George look at this link some pics of cummins express and a sweet gas little red express that I believe ran 11.70'S. It was clean and mean.

Closed Thread