Whats the real reason for restriction?

Dealer tried to order me a new 14 Laramie QCSB with aisin and called today and said the only way it would accept it if it were a long bed or dually.
I knew there was a restriction on them but why are they only building a LB or dually? Is anyone else running into this? I'm hearing some people say there dealer just keeps trying and it finally goes through, is this true or is there a good time for the dealer to try (like Mondays, mornings, or ?)
Thanks, Keith

Ok, no one?
How about another question then.
Has anyone else's order for a CCSB/aisin been accepted in the last week?
Thanks

That's right AHall it was a 3500 CCSB Laramie 4x4.
There are a few around and a few in transit on dodge's website when you do a search.
Just for some reason my dealer is having trouble with it going through, keeps coming back and saying must be a long bed or dually.
cumminstech: Never heard of a 2500 with aisin.

Give it time Marco, EFI, so someone will figure it out before long.
Seen in the other thread that you got the gray? what I ordered also!

The tradesman used to be a budget truck. Just a true work truck. All the ones I ever saw were 1500's and they were gutted. Manual trans, no radio. IIRC they did come with a hitch and heavy duty coolers.

Been a battle getting one! dealer found one and after about a 5 day process of dealer trading ended up finally getting it only to go pick it up and to find that some hade ran it through a brush type car wash and the paint {black} was scratched all to hell. so they decided to try to buff it, which only made it worse. Not buying a 63k truck with jacked up paint. dealer had the balls to offer $500 off!!!!! Ended up ordering a Laramie 3500 with aisin, granite gray with black leather buckets, navigation, fifth wheel/ gooseneck group, remote start/remote prox. keyless enter and go, chrome side steps, chrome body molding, spray in bed liner, cab lights, trans case skid plates, cold weather group. Probably not as sharp as black but easier to keep clean.
Thanks for reply's, Keith

the restriction is due to the lack of availability of the aisin to the factory. they can not keep up with demand so they had to restrict it. in other words people are ordering more aisin equipped trucks then chrysler can build or get transmissions for.

Back