Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Competition Vehicle Build Tech > Turbo/Super Charger Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 03:46 AM   #21
BRE

Name: BRE
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
That explains why Cat guys love compounds.

Please explain this, mouth breather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 05-24-2018, 06:38 AM   #22
jfaulkner

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
That explains why Cat guys love compounds.

Lol my pickup makes the same HP as your truck Allan. Don’t act like your breaking new ground with a sub 700hp truck, the yellow motors have been doing that by accident for 20+ yrs.

Old 05-25-2018, 04:25 AM   #23
BRE

Member`s Gallery
I love trucking...
yesterday I had to leave a place where I was supposed to get loaded, because I wouldn’t load their product how they load.
They would only load a trailer one way. I told them I legally cannot haul it like that. I got told it was either that or they’ll find another driver to haul it. They got told to find someone else.

Love how everyone just caters to the mega fleets. All because they assume they know my job better than me... I got an explanation from a women in an office as to why they wouldn’t load me any other way.

My setup requires me to give a little on weights cause I’m so heavy but this was gonna be impossible for me to haul given my route. Oh well though, ended up getting a lighter load for more money. Granted I had to wait till midnight to start loading but that’s the reefer world for ya.

There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 05-25-2018, 07:33 AM   #24
BRE

Member`s Gallery
That was not supposed to go in this thread...

RIP Dex KCCO

Old 05-25-2018, 01:42 PM   #25
ktllc15

Name: ktllc15
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Hey thanks for all the great info guys. And BRE I know it was the wrong thread but I know what you mean I pull a spread axle refer and some shippers just can't figure out that I need to be loaded heavy on the trailer and light on the truck since I can be 40k on my trailer axles. I've made more that one place reload me after they didn't listen the first time.

Old 05-25-2018, 01:45 PM   #26
chevota84

Name: chevota84
Member`s Gallery
I dont pull a reefer but I've done it with flats. "Ok, see how your way didnt work? Now let's try it my way."

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Old 05-25-2018, 02:02 PM   #27
BRE

Member`s Gallery
Oh they wouldn’t load me at all unless it was their way and it was either take it or leave it. They didn’t care if I was over axle or not. Guys get yo reload my trailer all the time cause they wanna argue.

RIP Dex KCCO

Old 05-25-2018, 05:07 PM   #28
chevota84

Name: chevota84
Member`s Gallery
It's annoying when they won't listen, but when you see Billy Bigrigger in his flip flops and sweatpants talking on his lady gaga boom mic, you can see how they start to assume that all of us are idiots.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Old 05-27-2018, 11:34 PM   #29
Leiffi

Name: Leiffi
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
He catches chit because this is at least the 3rd forum he’s been on spreading his euro BS. NEVER backed up anything with real hard facts. Couldn’t tune a radio but knows all there is to know about ecm tuning.
Everything I write are facts. And backed up everytime.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:44 PM   #30
Leiffi

Name: Leiffi
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Cat guys can't do any tuning, just swapping tunes. AFAIK. Except for the top end guys.

AFAIC, as long as the ECM does NOT control the turbo I don't see why any tuning would be needed specific to the turbo.
Because needed AFR changes. So mostly smoke limiter map needs to be changed. Better flowing turbine makes engine breath better so it needs more fuel at lower boost, otherwise it will be laggy. Some idiots are selling smaller exhaust housings as an upgrade to Cat turbos, and idiots buying them think they have more power because boost is higher even if they backpressure is even higher.

Stock C16 turbo is good for 800+ in a working truck if someone knows how to tune them. And there are companies who can, even in USA, do not pay for stock files from Cat modded with fls/fts numbers and injector codes. Also do not cheat boost sensor with pressure regulator or electronic boost fooler.

Old 05-28-2018, 03:27 AM   #31
SmokinCAT

Name: SmokinCAT
Title: Cheap and Easy.
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiffi View Post
Everything I write are facts. And backed up everytime.
Bullchit

Old 05-29-2018, 06:36 PM   #32
jfaulkner

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiffi View Post
Because needed AFR changes. So mostly smoke limiter map needs to be changed. Better flowing turbine makes engine breath better so it needs more fuel at lower boost, otherwise it will be laggy. Some idiots are selling smaller exhaust housings as an upgrade to Cat turbos, and idiots buying them think they have more power because boost is higher even if they backpressure is even higher.

Stock C16 turbo is good for 800+ in a working truck if someone knows how to tune them. And there are companies who can, even in USA, do not pay for stock files from Cat modded with fls/fts numbers and injector codes. Also do not cheat boost sensor with pressure regulator or electronic boost fooler.

So why don’t YOU change your smoke limiter maps since you know everything.

So when are you going to show me how properly sized compounds increase backpressure? I’ve showed you they don’t but you still insist they do. I’ve proved this with stock Acert and custom and you still spew your BS.

But I do agree not to buy stock files. But unlike you some of use can actually mod an ecm.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:27 PM   #33
allan5oh

Name: allan5oh
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRE View Post
Please explain this, mouth breather.

If nothing can be tuned in the ECM, you just have to throw a lot of air at it.

Closed Thread