1500 egt's..dammit

dieselbeef

dick doggin
so i swapped the turbos out and got me a 63/68/14 which is sooooo much better to drive.

but i been having alot of troubles with the egt guage and finally got it sorted out..wire was bad...

anywyas i got the truck out last night for a run the crap out of it for fun run and the egts are hitting 1500 wide open with the drag comp on 5x5. makin 40 psi boost.
i got a hrvp from ii on there and westons 7x010 vco inj. runs pretty good cept for the high egt's. smokes like a ***** the whole time.
checked it for boost leaks..nothing there...

goddam truck i swear...cant make it the way i want it no matter what..gettin off that 62/74 was huge but it never buried the egt's like it does now...

turn up the boost? id like to flat foot it til i run outta road and not melt the friggin pistons..2 passes at 1500 degrees i was scared...

any suggestions or should i just set the f'r on fire and get a stk truck

gary

Agreed, Don't be scared. Wouldn't hurt to tighten the wastegate up for a little more boost out of it.

gtfo..really..i might take the gate to 50..man i freaked whn i saw 1500 or over...i figured it was gonna lose the hg or worse....

little more boost will help so thats next...dammit man

I'm running a 63/68/.91, peak boost is ~51-53psi.... buries my 1600deg gauge in the 1/8th

(I know, different engine)

Last edited:
time to crank the nuts then....ill take it to 50..got studs..i aint worried bout that so much as the heat...more air the easiest way to cool it off. easiest way i said

1500 you will be fine as long as you don't dog it for miles like that I hit 1600 in the dually at the big end all the time and the pistons were fine!

Dont worry, I ran a 63/65 killer b with 7x.012s before i switched to twins.. It was a kickass setup, but it ran 15-1600 if u had your foot in it too long..

I hit 1900 the other day when I wasnt acting my age on a back road... It wasnt the first time either. Just dont let it sit there for a long time and you'll be good. I would love to only do 1500 at WOT for a whole run.

Pegged 2000 gauge last year all season. It can be hard on 24v heads when it comes to cracks but pistons always looked good.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
^^^ That's toasty for sure. I found out the TST pyro in my 24v wouldn't read over 2490 before going into italics.

Glad I'm not the only one with high egtsLOL. I hit 2000 quite often, pistons were fine except some scuffing above the top ring, some of the cylinders were scuffed too. The head was completely raped though, cracks everywhere.

Back