TOWING 362/68/12 over 475/87/1.1

TXUMSC

2003 305/555 with BBI 0.5's, mild built 48RE with billet single. I want to add a turbo to my SXE362/68/12 to drag our 20k GVWR toy hauler around, also daily drive. What I'm looking at now is a S475/87/1.1 to pair it with. Not looking to race or make huge power and probably wont grow more than adding an upgraded lift pump. Any help is appreciated, experience even more so.

Should be good with that, might even consider a 472sxe for what your after. Consider getting some revised tuning also if you are using something now.

Would there be a benefit to the 472? It is slightly more expensive than the 475. Working with my tuner on a 10 bar MAP revision and any others he sees fit.

Overall sounds like it will fit your horsepower needs possibly better dependent upon turbine wheel and exhaust housing you choose. A little smaller will be more responsive for your towing needs since it doesn't sound like a huge power number is what your after and being closer to the stock fueling side of things. The 75 might give you a little more room to grow should you ever want/need more.

I ran this setup before with an s475 75/96 1.32 and it was a great setup. Fast spooling setup with good power for towing or street driving. Doing the same setup again on my next dd im building now.

I ran this setup before with an s475 75/96 1.32 and it was a great setup. Fast spooling setup with good power for towing or street driving. Doing the same setup again on my next dd im building now.

What year truck was it on? What fueling? How much did you tow?

Overall sounds like it will fit your horsepower needs possibly better dependent upon turbine wheel and exhaust housing you choose. A little smaller will be more responsive for your towing needs since it doesn't sound like a huge power number is what your after and being closer to the stock fueling side of things. The 75 might give you a little more room to grow should you ever want/need more.

I’d go with a 472SXE/87/1.1, got a good quote on one.

Back