Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance > P-Pump 24Valve
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 11:20 PM   #1
PpumpNate

Name: PpumpNate
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
369 sxe setups

Hey guys im new to this forum and just wanted to hear from people with any knowledge on a setup similar to mine. I am in the process of swapping out axles (making it srw) and waiting on oil feed adapter so truck is still without driving. Id like to know what kind of power and maybe even 1/8 mile times. Obviously not just motor setup factors into those times but would be nice to hear those numbers. Anyways It is a 2000 24v with a full done ppump on full cuts and 5ks (never benched) running on a little over 60psi. It is on a ats t3 manifold due to funds and has a 369 sxe .91ar t4. Pdd 7x15 injectors (feed tube filter removed) gonna run around 28 degrees of timming. Hopefully i can get some feed back thankyou in advance. Also truck will be running a 100 to 200 shot for starters to clear those big injectors and full cuts

Last edited by PpumpNate; 04-25-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:29 PM   #2
DDually

Name: DDually
Title: Still spooling..
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PpumpNate View Post
Hey guys im new to this forum and just wanted to hear from people with any knowledge on a setup similar to mine. I am in the process of swapping out axles (making it srw) and waiting on oil feed adapter so truck is still without driving. Id like to know what kind of power and maybe even 1/8 mile times. Obviously not just motor setup factors into those times but would be nice to hear those numbers. Anyways It is a 2000 24v with a full done ppump on full cuts and 5ks (never benched) running on a little over 60psi. It is on a ats t3 manifold due to funds and has a 369 sxe .91ar t4. Pdd 7x15 injectors (feed tube filter removed) gonna run around 28 degrees of timming. Hopefully i can get some feed back thankyou in advance. Also truck will be running a 100 to 200 shot for starters to clear those big injectors and full cuts
I would be seriously looking in to a waste gate whether you plan to spray it or not, just my opinion. As to your other questions I have no answer.

2001 VW TDI South bend, tune, nozzys, custom stuff that's rusting, one custom thing that's not rusting

Old 04-25-2017, 11:34 PM   #3
PpumpNate

Member`s Gallery
Yes i have a waste gate i plan to put on the t3 to t4 adapter piece for when i spray. Did some reading and those sxe really really dislike going over mid 60 psi

Old 04-25-2017, 11:44 PM   #4
DDually

Name: DDually
Title: Still spooling..
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PpumpNate View Post
Yes i have a waste gate i plan to put on the t3 to t4 adapter piece for when i spray. Did some reading and those sxe really really dislike going over mid 60 psi
I would say 55 unless you plan on replacing the turbo. I personally haven't had one fail on me but I have a customer with a non wastegated SXE64 and I turned the fueling down to keep it around 52 psi just to be safe. I am still weary at that. Some people have stupid luck with turbos. I have always had awesome luck actually but I never beat the ever living piss out them and cool them down prior to shutting the engine off.

2001 VW TDI South bend, tune, nozzys, custom stuff that's rusting, one custom thing that's not rusting

Old 04-26-2017, 06:57 AM   #5
jlbayes

Name: jlbayes
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
700hp on fuel it is tuned ok. The full cuts make no sense to me with the s300 and then throw nitrous at it. Recipe for turbo failure. You need a t4 manifold and a larger hot side.

Old 04-26-2017, 08:36 AM   #6
PpumpNate

Member`s Gallery
Why wouldnt you do it in a s300?

Old 04-26-2017, 08:40 AM   #7
PpumpNate

Member`s Gallery
Which will be wastegated for nitrous use

Old 04-26-2017, 10:11 AM   #8
jlbayes

Name: jlbayes
Member`s Gallery
You apparently haven't seen all the failures.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:36 AM   #9
Financial Mistake

Name: Financial Mistake
Member`s Gallery
369 sxe setups

I would suggest learning how to read a compressor map, because you're already anticipating on running it potentially 20psi ~ past its max efficiency range.

Now, idk what elevation you're at, but for example, at my 450ft elevation, 55psi out of a 369 is only moving around 70lbs per minute at dang near a 5.0 pressure ratio. That, and its riding the surge line, AND the max wheel speed line, if not over it. In simple terms, its extremely inefficient.

At my elevation, it's 14.5 atmospheric pressure, which in order to get a 369 moving 90lbs per minute... I only would need a whopping 33psi in the gauge...

Forgot about boost, it's not what you need to focus on. Volume is the key. High volume, low pressure, that's what you should be looking to get.

Thing that that bugs me the most, is these "turbo builders" are sending these things out with the gate set well outside of the map. Maybe it's fine at their elevation, idk, but it just looks bad to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
P24V, Billet 62/68/14, Billet 475/96/1.32, 27°, Seth's Stg 3 @ 450cc, dual feed, DFI 7x12, Fass240, 110#, 425, p&p/3 angle/oring, ED freeze plugs, BD IC, VP MAX boots, stainless mani, Snow w/m, coolant bypass, CTS2, EAS, POS NV4500, valair quiet dual ceramic

Last edited by Financial Mistake; 05-17-2017 at 06:39 AM.

Closed Thread