Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 94-98 2nd Gen. 12V
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 02:36 PM   #1
cumstuf

Name: cumstuf
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
2nd to 3rd stack shift 47re

Can anyone enlighten me and identify what can cause a 2nd to 3rd stack shift ONLY under light throttle?

Old 03-27-2018, 03:13 PM   #2
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
47re's are known for that on 12v's that have governor springs that are touchy, your not pulling back on the tv lever enough at light throttle. All you can do is change the pivot point on the tv lever for more travel under light throttle. Or get a anteater type controller.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:46 PM   #3
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Member`s Gallery
I would try adjusting the TV cable first. I can't ever remember which way the sheath needs to go though.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250

Old 03-27-2018, 07:18 PM   #4
jasonc

Member`s Gallery
Pull it back to the firewall.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:26 PM   #5
jasonc

Member`s Gallery
If you pull it back all the way to the firewall it will help part throttle, until you floor it once and it pulls the adjuster back forward to it's maximum amount. That's how I always set them, all the way back then floor it hard once.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:37 PM   #6
cumstuf

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
47re's are known for that on 12v's that have governor springs that are touchy, your not pulling back on the tv lever enough at light throttle. All you can do is change the pivot point on the tv lever for more travel under light throttle. Or get a anteater type controller.
What is this anteater controller?

Old 03-27-2018, 07:53 PM   #7
cumstuf

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
Thing about this trans is it's a 12 yr old Bd diesel trans with new guts (steels,frictions, bushings,etc) plus a goerend valve body. The guts were replaced about a year ago. This stack shift didn't come until after being worked on at some point and unfortunately the guy who worked on it isn't holding any liability. The trans ran perfect beforehand, the only reason it had new guts installed was during a servicing there was the OD snap ring and thrust washer chunks in the pan (while still running perfect)... I've messed with the tv cable a bit and it seems to have helped a bit but apparently maybe needs to be fine tuned I'm hoping that's all.

Bd diesel says to change the solenoid to a GM, other says a pcm issue possibly. Most say tv cable. This is a year I'm dealing with this, with 4 (FOUR) shops attempting to diagnose it..

Old 03-27-2018, 08:05 PM   #8
jasonc

Member`s Gallery
The upgraded gm solenoid is money well spent, pull the tv cable adjuster all the way back.

Old 03-27-2018, 08:52 PM   #9
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cumstuf View Post
Thing about this trans is it's a 12 yr old Bd diesel trans with new guts (steels,frictions, bushings,etc) plus a goerend valve body. The guts were replaced about a year ago. This stack shift didn't come until after being worked on at some point and unfortunately the guy who worked on it isn't holding any liability. The trans ran perfect beforehand, the only reason it had new guts installed was during a servicing there was the OD snap ring and thrust washer chunks in the pan (while still running perfect)... I've messed with the tv cable a bit and it seems to have helped a bit but apparently maybe needs to be fine tuned I'm hoping that's all.

Bd diesel says to change the solenoid to a GM, other says a pcm issue possibly. Most say tv cable. This is a year I'm dealing with this, with 4 (FOUR) shops attempting to diagnose it..
Software beta testers needed for 'Anteater' - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250

Closed Thread