94 RCSB street/drag truck - build complete finally!

talntid

Hi all! Just figured I'd post up here... it's finally complete! Here it is....

KbfmvGS.jpg

NFAvvKI.jpg

SC8fYL3.jpg

Here's a video of it gettin' down on the streets of Mexico:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXHimi6Aslw

No track times yet, will be getting those soon...

GTR got it for now. My power falls off hard currently... I assume I need more timing/fueling up top... this was first pass on this new setup, and it was nighttime so couldn't really see much from the exhaust... but EGTS were at 1100... haha.. boost & backpressure @ 80psi

GTR got it for now. My power falls off hard currently... I assume I need more timing/fueling up top... this was first pass on this new setup, and it was nighttime so couldn't really see much from the exhaust... but EGTS were at 1100... haha.. boost & backpressure @ 80psi

What is your timing and fuel at currently?

Looked like a good race, you got jump on him at light until the tires spun.

After you beat a GTR at the track they don't like to play anymore.:hehe:

Timing - 26*

Fuel plate is all the way back

Interesting, when I ran mine lean it was wayy hot. (2100*+ egt), was throwing a 12" flame out of the stack. Turning the fuel and timing up cooled it down a lot (~1700*) and got rid of the flame. I've never had a 12v other than stock that would run at 1100* at WOT lol.

Interesting, when I ran mine lean it was wayy hot. (2100*+ egt), was throwing a 12" flame out of the stack. Turning the fuel and timing up cooled it down a lot (~1700*) and got rid of the flame. I've never had a 12v other than stock that would run at 1100* at WOT lol.

so mine would be at 1250ish right after the launch, then basically went down to 1100 and you can feel the power fall off... it's odd.

but, once I build the datalogger setup and install it, i'll learn how to tune a 12v =P

so mine would be at 1250ish right after the launch, then basically went down to 1100 and you can feel the power fall off... it's odd.

but, once I build the datalogger setup and install it, i'll learn how to tune a 12v =P

That is odd. You think you are in the governor? What cam are you running in your pump? I have an RPM Performance datalogger and I've got to say I am very happy with it. Great customer service and works flawlessly.

That is odd. You think you are in the governor? What cam are you running in your pump? I have an RPM Performance datalogger and I've got to say I am very happy with it. Great customer service and works flawlessly.

I have a completely different idea for what I am going to do for datalogging, and it's going to be awesome! :)

I dont think I'm in the governor, but who knows.... need more data...

the pump is a 13mm industrial injection dragonflow pump.. so as for what cam in it, not sure..

5.9L P7100 Dragon Flow 13MM (1000+Hp)*

I have a completely different idea for what I am going to do for datalogging, and it's going to be awesome! :)

I dont think I'm in the governor, but who knows.... need more data...

the pump is a 13mm industrial injection dragonflow pump.. so as for what cam in it, not sure..

5.9L P7100 Dragon Flow 13MM (1000+Hp)*

What is your plan for datalogging?

Sure sounds to me like you are in the governor or don't have enough fill time on the pump cam. I had the same symptoms when I was running a D cam in my 13mm pump. Cleaned up fast and cold egt, fell off in power big time. Now with more fill time when I run my pump at a low fuel setting (400-600cc) it is super hot on egt (2100+) fueling it harder (800-900cc) cooled it down to around 1650-1700 and picked up a lot of power...coal train the entire pass instead of a clean red flame. 1100egt is so cold seems like no fuel at all...

I'm going to use a standalone engine management system, but not use it to control spark/fuel obviously...

so basically I will datalog everything

not complete list:
boost
backpressure
intake temps pre and post intercooler
egt
rpm
coolant temp, oil temp, coolant pressure, oil pressure, etc
nitrous pressure
transmission pressures
tps
shock travel
driveshaft speed

I might even devise a way to be able to log rack travel and such on the p-pump

and use the engine management system to control:

nitrous
fans
fuel pumps
boost
maybe lockup
blowoff valve

as well as real-time alert when things like backpressure are out of line, or egts are out of line... basically I can do things like... either when EGT is out of line, drop power out, or spray meth, or things like that...

then, when i have issues or what not, I will be able to give exact numbers from a log, or even post the log

I'm going to use a standalone engine management system, but not use it to control spark/fuel obviously...

so basically I will datalog everything

not complete list:
boost
backpressure
intake temps pre and post intercooler
egt
rpm
coolant temp, oil temp, coolant pressure, oil pressure, etc
nitrous pressure
transmission pressures
tps
shock travel
driveshaft speed

I might even devise a way to be able to log rack travel and such on the p-pump

and use the engine management system to control:

nitrous
fans
fuel pumps
boost
maybe lockup
blowoff valve

as well as real-time alert when things like backpressure are out of line, or egts are out of line... basically I can do things like... either when EGT is out of line, drop power out, or spray meth, or things like that...

then, when i have issues or what not, I will be able to give exact numbers from a log, or even post the log

Great idea, I am logging pretty much the same parameters, except no spray on mine and I can't control anything with the logger. Interested how you plan to log rack travel..maybe modify governor housing? Would be super useful info.

I don't have an idea on how to yet, but once I get around to it I'll take one apart and see how I can get some useful data out of it

Back