Ratchet Shifter

What B&M Mega are you using zstroken?
I don't see a 727/47re/48re option. I know with the ratchet shifter it needed a special profile since the gears aren't evenly spaced.

Did you just start with this:
B&M 80690 B&M Automatic Ratchet Shifter - MegaShifter

That sure looks like it. I think they say it doesn't work on the 47/48RE is because the cable won't clear the cooling line. I had to modify the cable holder to clear it.

I have a B&M pro stick shifter in my truck, I do like it! can go from park to drive or manual 1 in one motion.. its not to bad to setup either.. SCS Cheetah/Winters looks tempting but would like to try one out first

That is wild! Do you have a thread on this valvebody?

It’s pretty much what suncoast offers i guess but a fraction of the cost and unlimited tune ability and options with anyone that knows a little coding. (Running the megasquirt transmission programming as is and tuning shift points doesn’t require coding).

I probably need to go and update/check in on this thread. But here it is. 47RH Electronic Conversion - Page 3 - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

A friend of mine had a Hurst olds with the lightning rods years ago, that brings back some memories.
THIS!!!! We can call him Bob Glidden!

Ha ha those aren't my cup of tea. Maybe if I had a 70's muscle car with a center console it'd feel right.

It’s pretty much what suncoast offers i guess but a fraction of the cost and unlimited tune ability and options with anyone that knows a little coding. (Running the megasquirt transmission programming as is and tuning shift points doesn’t require coding).

I probably need to go and update/check in on this thread. But here it is. 47RH Electronic Conversion - Page 3 - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

I'm guessing you had an XJ with the Aisin AW4 back in the day.
I had mine set up with an Aduino to do basically what you're saying, but that VB/trans already had those solenoids built in. It was awesome, but got into lag/errors sometimes with the Arduino. I think Megasquirt would be a way better option.

Ha ha those aren't my cup of tea. Maybe if I had a 70's muscle car with a center console it'd feel right.

I'm guessing you had an XJ with the Aisin AW4 back in the day.
I had mine set up with an Aduino to do basically what you're saying, but that VB/trans already had those solenoids built in. It was awesome, but got into lag/errors sometimes with the Arduino. I think Megasquirt would be a way better option.

I did!! And used an arduino too and added a 2” lcd for gear and tcc indication as well temp readout. Even modified the valvebody for Tcc lock and engine braking in every gear including first.

I did!! And used an arduino too and added a 2” lcd for gear and tcc indication as well temp readout. Even modified the valvebody for Tcc lock and engine braking in every gear including first.

ha ha I have a feeling we'd have too many beer stories if we sat down one day. :hehe: :Cheer:

I still have one 2-door XJ left that I had plans to turbo and do some paddle shifters with a LSD 8.8, but... time is at a premium lately.

Back