48re swap & stand-alone controller

coorsman2005

i like beer
Ok guys my truck was originally a g56 truck. After 2 I swapped to a nv5600. Lost input bearing. I'm done with the manuals. Going auto

I done some trading. now have an 04 cummins with an auto that needs a motor. I'm putting all the auto stuff in my 08.

Which standalone? The fire punk has a really good price. $750. But I don't see any reviews. Let's here opinions.
The ats sounds really well but the price difference is huge. Close to $2400. Let's hear your opinions. Sorry for the long post. Hope to hear experiences

I'd give Firepunk a call and I'm sure they could give you more insight. On the other hand I believe you have to change your transfer case input also.

Right the inputs are different. I have a complete 04 4x4 with an auto needs a motor though. Debating putting my extra 6.7 in it.

Ya I may call fire punk and see what he says. I just like to hear first hand experience.

Just talked to Paul at fire punk. Seemed like a.really good guy. Said he runs one in his personal truck. Said it shifts really close to stock. Comes with the software to tune your self if you would like. And operated with the stock valve body. More less is a plug and play kit. Unlike the ats which you have to run there controller and there valve body. For a much higher cost. So I think I'm going to go with fire punk. But I would still like to hear other opinions. Thanks

Last edited:
Back