Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > NADM
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #21
COMP461

Name: COMP461
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snedge View Post

Jeff that is what we need is more spectators . I'll be setting up my Popcorn machine in my pits just for you Buddy

Last edited by COMP461; 02-08-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:31 PM   #22
WUnderwood

Name: WUnderwood
Title: CompD Minion
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
These people are looking for people that can race a full season, and put forth a professional image. These is plenty of funding out there, you have to know how to find it . I have helped some of you out there find it , and I will continue to help.

How many passes has your rail made in the last 5 years? How many events have you shown up to and parked your Race Program in the parking lot? How many years have you been working on your rail?

Click the image to open in full size.

RIP BFD99, jponder, and Forrest Nearing

Old 02-08-2014, 08:51 PM   #23
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Talking Hey STFU and have a cookie !!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue116 View Post
This could end up as nominee for Rustins 2014 "worst thread" award. Or some other b.s. crap he makes up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_importer View Post
Wipty freakin do, Greg. There are way more of us poor folks without sponsors that have been keeping diesel Racing going while you've been talking about this dragster for the past several years. Stop patting yourself on the back in every possible thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_importer View Post
Another patting of the ol back eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustin View Post
I make up a lot of chit, but I never lie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WUnderwood View Post
How many passes has your rail made in the last 5 years? How many events have you shown up to and parked your Race Program in the parking lot? How many years have you been working on your rail?

-!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #24
12vriviera

Name: 12vriviera
Title: That Guy with that car
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMP461 View Post
These events are attended but marketing representative of the main stream manufactures that support Diesel Motorsports Events. These people are always looking for people that are ready for the bigger stage. People like K&N, Fuelabs , Flowmaster , Mahle, ARP, Carrillo, Firestone, CRC, Mickey Thompson and NHR. All are major mainstream companies.
These people are looking for people that can race a full season, and put forth a professional image. These is plenty of funding out there, you have to know how to find it . I have helped some of you out there find it , and I will continue to help.
The only folks/presidents of big companies i have met at diesel events were not at nadm events in Texas.

Would love for these guys to show up, i like free stuff.

Everything i have i have paid for somehow, or with good help from great people. (one minor sponsorship from airaid last year). This money you speak of it's not just out there to get for the majority, believe me on that!
I am a pushover
https://www.facebook.com/#!/24VRIVIERA

Old 02-08-2014, 09:35 PM   #25
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snedge View Post

-!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-08-2014, 09:42 PM   #26
COMP461

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24vriviera View Post
The only folks/presidents of big companies i have met at diesel events were not at nadm events in Texas.

Would love for these guys to show up, i like free stuff.

Everything i have i have paid for somehow, or with good help from great people. (one minor sponsorship from airaid last year). This money you speak of it's not just out there to get for the majority, believe me on that!

The Last race of the year was a NADM / ODRA event. The 3 other NADM events I speak of were crawling with these people. These are the people that are looking for racers that can go to the next Level.

its not about free stuff , but the funding it takes to travel . The 5 years I raced comp took a great deal of funding to attend 15 plus races I'm not looking to show up and make the Top dragster qualifying session’s exhibition runs, but to go rounds. Diesel desperately needs this is the NHRA arena to be considered legitimate.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:08 PM   #27
12vriviera

Member`s Gallery
I would love the finding to travel. My wife would actually be ok with that.
I spent a grand on fuel and entry last year and made 5 localish races.
Anything helps!
I am a pushover

Old 02-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #28
COMP461

Member`s Gallery
My 03 tow rig get 8 MPG when I'm in a hurry and is sucked down $6756.22 worth of diesel last year traveling

this coming season . my travels with cost around $50,000 in fuel, tires Motel rooms , airline tickets for some of my crew , and entery fees

You close enough to hop on the rig and go

Old 02-08-2014, 11:07 PM   #29
12vriviera

Member`s Gallery
The Buick going to sit on top of the rail?
thanks for the offer!
I am a pushover

Last edited by 12vriviera; 02-08-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:11 PM   #30
WUnderwood

Name: WUnderwood
Title: CompD Minion
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by comp461 View Post
my 03 tow rig get 8 mpg when i'm in a hurry and is sucked down $6756.22 worth of diesel last year traveling
and you didn't even make a pass, correct?!?!?!?!

RIP BFD99, jponder, and Forrest Nearing

Old 02-09-2014, 07:14 AM   #31
Stingpuller

Name: Stingpuller
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
BINGO!!!!!!!

We have a winner! No passes all talk. Who supported who? You are so full of ****! I didn't spend no where near that much and I raced! I can't believe anyone would listen to you. What a joke. I wish someone would pay my way to TX so I could put a ass woppin on you're never to have made a pass car.
2007 GMC C4500 Regency Western Hauler and 235" POWERFLOW Dragster, Powerflow exhaust, 80mm Fleece turbo, Fleece injectors, On Track Auto front mount CP3, SoCal Diesel, Hughes powerglide, PTC converter, Nytrex nitrous,Isspro,FueLabs, Mike's Race Wiring, New Era Diesel, Hamilton Cam and all the guys at the shop

Old 02-09-2014, 07:20 AM   #32
Stingpuller

Member`s Gallery
NADM

I just hope Ron is not blind to you. When you use him up like Wade did. You know get what you can get and check out. That's what your a pro at. You are nothing more than a con man.
2007 GMC C4500 Regency Western Hauler and 235" POWERFLOW Dragster, Powerflow exhaust, 80mm Fleece turbo, Fleece injectors, On Track Auto front mount CP3, SoCal Diesel, Hughes powerglide, PTC converter, Nytrex nitrous,Isspro,FueLabs, Mike's Race Wiring, New Era Diesel, Hamilton Cam and all the guys at the shop

Old 02-09-2014, 11:41 AM   #33
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Gentleman, need I remind you the topic on which the title of this thread is? Along with it's forum location and finally the subject manner in which this entire board is based on????

My position DOES NOT concern The NHRA at this time...... nor do I see my position changing in the near future. I just don't see it being a viable option when the NHRA is experiencing their own issues with their support of the sportsman racer.

I am all about wrapping my efforts into a group that is focused on what we all love and that is Diesel Motorsports- PERIOD!!!!!!!

We are a small margin- but we must remain strong. Frankly, I don't care which of the diesel orgs. any of you wish to run- just support our collective niche in this racing world!

To those that say we need the NHRA in order for diesel to survive I would like to counter with this- perhaps you have not been talking to the right people within this industry ! I am very happy that some of the mainstream companies are now looking at diesel performance as a viable market, these companies have the technology and manpower to help push us even further. But right now that door is only open a smidgen. Any of you sit down and think- why is that???

WE need to grow together-stronger, larger and united.....

Now- can we get this thread back on topic?!

!!!!!!!

Last edited by RacinDuallie; 02-09-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Old 02-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #34
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingpuller View Post
I wish someone would pay my way to TX so I could put a ass woppin on you're never to have made a pass car.
Mr. Dean- I propose a serious question-what would it take to get your ass down to Texas for this grudge race?

Old 02-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #35
Rustin

Name: Rustin
Title: Let the Beatings Begin!
Member`s Gallery
I actually agree with this statement. We have been losing tracks to race on, and the NHRA has, in my opinion, not stepped in. I have talked to many of the vendors, and their number one concern is. Black Smoke and all of the Youtube videos showing the abuse. They understand competition, but they want to see more trucks running clean. The other thing is our performance manufacturers are too small and too independent to unite. So, when the EPA gets to digging, somebody starts filling the hole with everything they need to bury us with (Premier).

Old 02-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #36
Stingpuller

Member`s Gallery
NADM

I have and always will support NADM. I also support NHRDA. I will support any and All places that we can race as diesels. NHRA wants nothing to do with us. Greg means well but puts his wants in front of everything else. We need cars to race! We need a better show. We need to impress the big wigs with good racing. We need that before we want more. If Greg would just stop with the ego stuff and race it will help. Stop talking about NHRA and start doing because they could give two ****s about diesels. We need to target diesels, that's what we are. Jeff I'm sure I will race Greg somewhere this year if he stops talking and starts racing. I would love to go to TX but I have a small shop and if I don't work I don't make any money. It would be nice to have others pay for my fun but I don't see that happening.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:07 PM   #37
12vriviera

Member`s Gallery
Back to the topic at hand Jeff dean, how much would it cost to get here, shop operations too
I am a pushover

Old 02-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #38
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingpuller View Post
I have and always will support NADM. I also support NHRDA. I will support any and All places that we can race as diesels. NHRA wants nothing to do with us. Greg means well but puts his wants in front of everything else. We need cars to race! We need a better show. We need to impress the big wigs with good racing. We need that before we want more. If Greg would just stop with the ego stuff and race it will help. Stop talking about NHRA and start doing because they could give two ****s about diesels. We need to target diesels, that's what we are. Jeff I'm sure I will race Greg somewhere this year if he stops talking and starts racing. I would love to go to TX but I have a small shop and if I don't work I don't make any money. It would be nice to have others pay for my fun but I don't see that happening.
You never answered my question. Texas?

Old 02-09-2014, 06:13 PM   #39
Stingpuller

Member`s Gallery
TX race

It is 2200 miles round trip and I guess the tow truck would avg 10 so around 1k in fuel and I would say 3 or 4 hundred for a couple of missed days. That sounds like a lot but I don't have vacation days like most. That's why I have never asked for show up money I don't think I'm worth anything near that. Lol I'm a hobbiest not a pro. I just like to race and the challenge to go faster.

Closed Thread