06 Ecm connections

bobxr50

Dont know if anyone has had this issue.

I am trying to connect to my brothers 06 Cummins.

I use the V2 to scan for codes and it powers up just fine but it when it checks for codes the it says : Error $0280 cannot connect to ECM

I try and scan with 7.5 when i select the correct ECM it tries to connect and then it switches to Generic/ autocal.

I am running the latest update and I bought the Cummins unlock even though I should be able to scan without it.

I have even tried to read the stock file and it keeps kicking out saying it cannot connect.

I dont have any problems scanning with my Snap-On Solus I can check codes and scan.

Thanks
Bob

Well I think I finally figured out my problem.

My brother ordered a new V2 to OBDII cable last week.

Today while I was trying to scan a 2011 LML for the ECM serial number I was having the same error code. Troubleshooting led me to the V2 RJ45 connector. When I moved the cable it would cycle the V2 power.
Two of the pins, (#1, #2)were bent down and not touching fully to the cable. I tune my LB7 more than any other vehicle. The LB7 doesn't use the #2 pin but Can systems do.

I got a hold of Guy Tripp at SoCal diesel. He said not problem just send it in and he will take care of it.

Bob

f5dd0b73174ee0a06a14fbb48a63f764.jpg

Back