Csp 5 question

ylo73z

When switching tuning how long does it take for the tune to become active ?
When I switch from 2 (mpg) up to 5 (max) I matted it , it felt soft and I was thinking maybe something was wrong let off , cruised then hit it again and then it felt right ...is there a time it takes to switch or does it have to come to a idle then it changes ? I'm just curious just in case I need to engage in a street battle

If your switching tunes while data logging, most of the time its nearly instant, but occasionally it take 3-5 seconds to switch.

Lavon

Mine lags ...after thinking about it I switched and rolled for about 3-5 seconds hit it and I was on it for like 5-6 seconds then let out ...then rolled again for another 5 seconds then some where in that time it switched ...it works so I guess inshould be happy but it's not instant

How are you switching tunes? Do you have a delay programmed into it? Not sure if that's a parameter on CSP just going off of dmax stuff

No delay programmed in that I know of ...unless the tuner can control that and wrote it into the tunes . Maybe because it's a pass tough style csp 5 and my cts monitor plugs in to it . Not really sure ...just curious if I'm the only one

I also run a pass through, at night I can see the flashes of the switch from behind my dash. I notice if I decide it switch levels it will flash in a frenzy for a couple seconds, then if I switch levels again it will do the typical flashing sequence and all is well. When it flashes uncontrollably the level does not feel like it changes.

Last edited:
The switch does a lot in a short time. Basically it has to: send a request to change the tune, the ecm requests a password, the switch sends the password, the ecm listens for the command to switch to x tune, switch sends command, ecm verifies that tune switched, switch goes dormant so to speak. If there is a breakdown in this loop, the switch starts over. Sometimes it may take a few cycles to get the password properly fed to the ecm and you have a delay. The CAN bus on these trucks is very busy and 6.7 is worse than 5.9 so things can get lost and signals are listened to in order of their assigned priority by the ecm. It might be worth a call to SOCAL to see if there is an updated flash for the switch itself. They have changed a few things since the switches initial release.

Cody explained it very well.

To see if the CTS is interrupting the CAN bus communications, disconnect it and see if there is an improvement.

To see if the switch is the problem, unplug the switch and use EFILive hardware to switch and see if there is an improvement.

The code has been written so it will continually try if their is a communications failure. I'd be looking to silence things on the data bus

Cheers
Cindy

Back