Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Deployed Member Check In
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #41
apocalypse1812

Name: apocalypse1812
Title: Nailed It!
Member`s Gallery
Ugandans Smell

Old 09-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #42
whygas

Name: whygas
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
110 you run circles around the pile of empty rip its in your chu

Old 09-13-2010, 04:24 AM   #43
calereeves

Name: calereeves
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse1812 View Post
Ugandans Smell
A-****in-men! They just moved alllllll of the SOC guards from Victory to Liberty and consolidated them to 2 pads. They overrun the chow hall now, and man, the smell when you walk out and they're all sitting out front eating... sweet jesus.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #44
Dustin_Z

Name: Dustin_Z
Member`s Gallery
They've stunk me out of the chow halls, MWR facilities, all the buses. And one of the got touchy-feely with me today.

Anyone know how to tell them to shower in whatever-the-hell language it is they speak?

Old 10-15-2010, 01:15 PM   #45
dzljon

Name: dzljon
Title: Aviation TIG Welder
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYODodge View Post
10. You wake up at 22:00 and think it's morning.

9. Your brain tells you that [camel] steak in the chow hall you have been eating is now USDA PRIME Black Angus.

8. The Binary System for judging the ladies (or gents in reversed roles for those ladies) is your prime form of sidewalk entertainment.

7. Chow hall food is now, and has always been Mom's home cookin'

6. 12 shower stalls... 11 other extremely hairy dudes in various stages of clothing to the left and right of you seems normal.

5. Zulu is the only time you know how to count on.

4. You have beaten and mastered every X-Box, P.S. 2 & 3 game known to man.

3. HALO 3... Mission Complete!

2. You look to your wrist to see what Zulu time it is... you register 15:00 in your brain... only you lost your watch five months ago.

1. You're in the shower all soaped up, enjoying a good scrub trying to remove the desert dirt from places you didn't know you had............................................... ................... And the F'n PA System Siren sounds off tellin' you to take cover..................... You continue showering while the first-timer newbies go streakin [nothin' but towels and flip-flops] for the bunker.
so, so, so trueI see almost daily, good post

1999.5 F250 superduty CR Cummins installed

Old 10-15-2010, 01:30 PM   #46
Snake

Name: Snake
Title: 40 lug nuts
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGANSTANFORTH View Post
#28......you've ever threated to stab someone over a MRE milkshake.....
After eating British rations for a month, I threatened to shoot my team chief for taking my hamburger patty MRE.

No idea what number we're on now:

#XXX -- When someone takes a shower and you can smell them 50' away. And you realize its been over 30 days since your body has seen soap or water.

Last edited by Snake; 10-15-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Old 10-16-2010, 06:49 AM   #47
DAFBFD58

Name: DAFBFD58
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
When the Air Force crash truck becomes the swimming pool/bath tub!
MRE Beef stew looks better then chow how slop
Mail gets to you faster overseas then it does going from coast to coast in the states

Old 12-09-2010, 03:43 AM   #48
chris lang

Name: chris lang
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
10. You wake up at 22:00 and think it's morning.

9. Your brain tells you that [camel] steak in the chow hall you have been eating is now USDA PRIME Black Angus.

8. The Binary System for judging the ladies (or gents in reversed roles for those ladies) is your prime form of sidewalk entertainment.

7. Chow hall food is now, and has always been Mom's home cookin'

6. 12 shower stalls... 11 other extremely hairy dudes in various stages of clothing to the left and right of you seems normal.

5. Zulu is the only time you know how to count on.

4. You have beaten and mastered every X-Box, P.S. 2 & 3 game known to man.

3. HALO 3... Mission Complete!

2. You look to your wrist to see what Zulu time it is... you register 15:00 in your brain... only you lost your watch five months ago.

1. You're in the shower all soaped up, enjoying a good scrub trying to remove the desert dirt from places you didn't know you had............................................... ................... And the F'n PA System Siren sounds off tellin' you to take cover..................... You continue showering while the first-timer newbies go streakin [nothin' but towels and flip-flops] for the bunker.
lol chow hall...showers. waking up in goat **** but you dont care cause you finally got to sleep, losing 30 lbs cause you cant take first strikes or ugres anymore, a shower is when you fall into a ses pool irrigation canal. now its time to go home

Old 12-14-2010, 09:00 AM   #49
WYODodge

Name: WYODodge
Title: Politically Un-Correct
Member`s Gallery
time to revitalize this thread

[never imagined something I started would go this far!]

last number I saw was 110... so here goes!

111. It's your 8th deployment in 6 years.

112. You floor-load pax because you can cant bear to reconfigure the aircraft 10 times in the same day anymore.

113. Coming back to OEF [vs. OIF] for the 1st time in 5yrs was a revitalization.

114. Being fortunate to have showers and flush toilets two truck widths from your hooch vs. a 200 yd. haul is F'n awesome!

115. Complaining about walking a half-mile to the Aviation chow hall even though it "seems" to have the better food is a form of entertainment.

116. Going to BXs at other bases is an experience near walking into the Mall of America for the first time.

117. Going to "coalition" chow halls at other bases is like landing a reservation at a 6 star restaraunt.

118. Having an awesome crew to work with for the 1st time where everyone blends well with the others..... PRICELESS!!!

119. Hoping and praying that the 4-yr, non-flying, controlled tour and corresponding PCS gets approved!

120. Hoping and praying # 119 comes true because the family you have been trying to start, now at age 35, just ain't happ'nin because YOU HAVE BEEN DEPLOYED TO LONG!

Working Towards 450+ HP and 18MPG Towing 10K Simultaneously.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:04 PM   #50
GFOLSOM

Name: GFOLSOM
Member`s Gallery
TO ALL,
I was a Navy brat as a kid, and am now a engineer at Lockheed. I make some of the equipment y'all rely on.
I can't say I know what you're going through, but I can empathise with your families.

I will say though, that my prayers are with you ALL and I really am thankful for your willingness to protect me.
Thank you and may God Bless You.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:56 AM   #51
samuel642000

Name: samuel642000
Member`s Gallery
121. Sleeping on a C130 is no problem.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:00 PM   #52
WYODodge

Member`s Gallery

122. Waiting on the last 30 days to pass moves slower than the speed of smell.
123. AMD = ....... [those in the airlift community know what I mean]
124. Rolling ETICs.........
125. Tail swap.... again?!
126. 12 Air Medals now on record and working on number 13.
127. Still hoping & praying for a desk job.
128. Have nearly forgotten what the wife looks like.
129. Have uncontrollable cravings for whole milk, Grade A large eggs & mass quantities of beer.... all at the same time, mind you.
130. Having dreams of being asleep, waking up to go to the bathroom less than 20 feet away from the bed in the nude and no flip-flops.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #53
ICSO9131

Name: ICSO9131
Title: Salty Squid
Member`s Gallery
131. You do a dance cause there's something other than pancakes for breakfast!
132. You no longer know what day of the week it is, or if it's A.M. or P.M. cause you're stuck inside the skin of the ship.
133. You voluntarily stay up for 36+ strait hours to enjoy two warm beers, cold meat strait off the grill, to sit in engine cans filled with salt water, and to lay on oily non-skid to sun bathe.
134. You fear the news of a deployment extension is coming at TAPS cause you were served crab legs, and amazingly it was edible.
135. You get sick to your stomach when you step foot on dry land cause it's not moving.
Arranging the meeting for Terrorists to meet their maker 24/7/365

Old 02-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #54
Jpaulbaker

Name: Jpaulbaker
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
123. AMD = ....... [those in the airlift community know what I mean]
124. Rolling ETICs.........
125. Tail swap.... again?!

Amen

Old 03-09-2011, 06:48 AM   #55
WYODodge

Member`s Gallery

136. Your first beer after leaving the "AOR" goes down like water and you feel an instant buzz.
137. Washing your own clothes... 'nuff said!
138. Feeling human again after a SOLITARY steaming hot shower not using flip-flops!
139. Ability to walk naked in your hotel room and not care about anything.
140. The promise of a full nights sleep with no after-burners or late controlled detonation warnings.:

Old 03-22-2011, 12:14 AM   #56
macknos94

Name: macknos94
Member`s Gallery
141: million wippers! They feed us food that causes mud butt then gives up single ply tree bark.
142: your gunner starts carrying cups of river stone.
143: you wonder where they got all this river stone from and why they put 10 inches of it all over the fob
144: your new neighbor pounds on your door at 0300 to tell you we need to get in the bunker when it was just thunder
145: you go through customs on the way home and don't care what they make you throw out.
146: customs let's all our gear go through which is covered in 30 lbs of baby powder sand.

Last edited by macknos94; 03-22-2011 at 12:16 AM.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #57
WYODodge

Member`s Gallery
be carefull what you wish for...

Quote:
127. Still hoping & praying for a desk job.
Be carefull what you wish for boys & girls... you just might get it.

Prayers answered to 127!

Old 05-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #58
TexasEOD

Name: TexasEOD
Title: 12s club... with the G8.
Location: Central Texas is home, Missouri is where Im lost...
Member`s Gallery
all to true...

147. the trip to the CHOW HALL isnt always worth the hassle

148. you notice the lack of animals that frequented the FOB, JSS, COP, the day they serve Chinese that tastes like wet cat food smells and has the same consistency yet you still eat it cause theres nothing else

149. you call for a blast window as soon as you can cause you know it takes forever

150. looking forward to the omelets because the cheese, tomato, ham, and peppers make you not taste the powdered eggs so much...

151. you run outside after an incoming alarm to see where the impact was or if it was just migrating geese again

152. RCP speed makes you feel like FOB speed limit is the auto bahn

153. get closer to detonations because you couldnt feel it enough the last time...

154. throw piss bottles at check points to try and start some kind of action

155. waiting for the engineers to cage the breaks and set up the tow bar becomes part of the nightly routine while out on mission

156. you can grill a steak with salt and pepper and it tastes better than any food cooked by the CHOW HALL

157. your equipment fails and you know how to hit, tighten, restart, or yell at it to get it to work again while your outside the wire

158. you NEVER have enough light while outside the wire

159. you want to use a case of C to get rid of a grenade just to get a bigger boom

I know, alot are due to this gay dawn bs but we still have a job... even if its slow and better than it ever was, it still sucks. wish I was in Afghanistan right now...

09 G8 MGM/blacked out...

"Initial success or total failure"
Its a way of life...

Old 05-04-2011, 03:17 PM   #59
DVs12valve

Name: DVs12valve
Title: Drastic Visions 12 valve
Member`s Gallery
Too all you guys/girls in our armed forces,
As i did get a good laugh over some of the things you guys wrote,I do what to say with great respect that from all of us as americans we are all proud of you for putting ur lives out there to protect ours and our familys!! I think anyone that is serving over seas is a hell of a man or ladie!! From the bottom of my heart guys/girls THANK YOU!!!

Old 05-07-2011, 09:12 PM   #60
me1magoo

Name: me1magoo
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
107. when you think pouring petroleum products into the ground is considered recycling

Some things never change!
This one made me laugh out loud literally.
I was in Kuwait in 2001 (yeah, when we were only quietly bombing Iraqi's). I remember we had a fuel spill (F/A-18 mechanic in USMC) and we called for the HAZMAT team for clean up and the Kuwaiti's came out and literally used the sand nearby to soak up the fuel and then pushed it all back off into the sand and that was that.
Their belief when we asked??? It came out of the ground, it goes back into the ground.

A lot of this stuff was funny to me, some of it is clearly just for those of you in a whole 'nuther spot in today's war. Keep it up guys, the bad guys need more bullet holes.
Bunch of gauges (6 total!) Tons of goodies

Closed Thread