Project Silver Bullet

Thanks man!!

Been a while since last update. While going thru it at the paint shop we would keep finding panels and supports that needed to be replaced. Basicly ended up replacing all the hood and sleep panels lol. Here are a couple of teaser pics, should be bringing it back from paint end of this week or beginning of next week to start the re-assembly process:woohoo:

7330DE2E-2634-48A4-907E-896D48EAFA71_zps5iiibrai.jpg

FA054C8A-AC1B-489F-845D-97BE735A79E4_zpsvidjohgy.jpg

1466C7F9-5F63-4638-B5F6-A7CA47077C83_zpsu4pbi3zk.jpg

9BA289DC-1A7A-4DF0-AF66-F6842287D989_zpsdomwaame.jpg

Glad to see updates !!!

Its been a beating getting all the supports and body panels replaced when we would find bad ones. Peterbilt had some of them on back order and it took months to get them in:nail:

The good thing is I have most everything to start re-assembly. All the new interior came in. I still have to order all the sound deadening material to line the Hood, Cab, Sleep with but they usually shows up pretty quick. Got the double hump fiberglass fenders after the paint work was started so I will have to put those on and get them painted but thats just a few days work.

Last edited:
Good work so far. So this is a complete "restore"?

Did you paint match the grill surround or did will that be polished? It looks as though you painted it in one of the pictures. I personally like that look, rather than polished. Only down side is I feel like running it thought the chit on the road every day will "sandblast" it and it wont last long.

Good work so far. So this is a complete "restore"?

Did you paint match the grill surround or did will that be polished? It looks as though you painted it in one of the pictures. I personally like that look, rather than polished. Only down side is I feel like running it thought the chit on the road every day will "sandblast" it and it wont last long.

As complete of a restore as I know to do lol, doing the fender fit up and the rest of assembly then we will go back to paint for the fenders and all the touch up

63345606-B2F5-46F4-9FBD-03982454CEEA_zpsftgzu8mz.jpg

8608F156-8E73-4CA4-8377-F19BFAA4C90C_zpssl8g5z8t.jpg

AC756C16-410C-43D3-8373-901028235793_zpssybb7hun.jpg

Just got done ordering all the sound deadening material for the whole inside and, outside fire wall, hood, and underbody of the cab and sleeper.

I may get Flamed, but that truck would look even more awesome than it already does with a little less Altitude.

I may get Flamed, but that truck would look even more awesome than it already does with a little less Altitude.

I love them slammed. I want to get my A model as low as I can. I took two leaves out of the front springs and it dropped it 4-5". However, the pack is slightly arched the wrong way.... Prolly should fix that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back