New Holland C185 runs but no power.

LuckyLegs

Whistling snail lover
I recently acquired a new holland track skid steer that needed some work. It has an Iveco 336t in it. Looks like half a 12v cummins. Anyway i got it crank fairly easily but it has no power. WOT is just over 1500 rpm and if you push both sticks all the way forward it will stall out. I suspect the injection pump is shot but i want to be sure. the injection pump is a VE3 rotary pump. i dont know enough about rotary pumps to know how it could fail and cause this behavior. Its acting fuel starved but its getting good FP. Any ideas would be awesome.

So when you go to use the hydraulics or to move it dies? Have you had any lines off? Are they routed correctly? Sounds like the hydraulic pump is fighting itself from what you described.

Let me clarify. The hydraulics work fine, it has enough power to raise the boom empty. However, if you push full forward, the motor will stall in about ten feet. Basically the as far as the 175 lb flywheel spinning at 1500 rpm carries you, with i little help from the engine. Its a fuel issue and Im fairly certain by now its the injection pump. It only has 6 psi FP, but i dont think thats my whole problem.

Last edited:
Back