New Billet covers are finished

Just got my cover yesterday. This is way to nice to put under the hood. Do you use a pipe plug for the hole in the pump gear cover?

Thanks bud! I use a short radius 90* elbow with a hose bung turned upside down. That way you can attach your stock 24v drain tube.

After fighting with mine to get clearance for everything, yours is really bound to make life better for a lot of guys. we were talking about how the holes and covers on mine should have been recessed for better clearance.

For everyone running fan-free, what length belt do you run?

With the gasket underneath the cover you need feeler gauges to check clearance, but it seems to clear everything. Going to be nice next time the timing get's changed.

RonA

The belt path milling didn't fit my truck. Where the belt comes up on the drivers side from the balancer had to be massaged off about 3/8" with a die grinder. Easy fix. My 24v engine has first gen fan and brackets, i believe they sit over towards the passenger a bit farther.

RonA

The belt path milling didn't fit my truck. Where the belt comes up on the drivers side from the balancer had to be massaged off about 3/8" with a die grinder. Easy fix. My 24v engine has first gen fan and brackets, i believe they sit over towards the passenger a bit farther.

RonA

Sorry to hear that, but thanks for the info. I'll try to catch the machine shop in the morning before he cuts the next batch. I'd like to have him change the program to accomodate that belt setup. That way this never happens again. Got any pics Ron?

I'll try to get a picture too you. I didn't mean for it to sound like a dig. This is an odd fan setup. The 24V engine does not put the fan in the center of the first gen fan shroud so I took all the first gen stuff off and it bolted right up. The belt just cuts across one corner of the raised area. It just takes a couple minutes with a good die grinder and carbide burr to mod it.

I didn't take it as a hit. I just want it to work right on any setup, no matter what. Its a easy fix. We just ordered 50 more covers. I want to catch it before they are machined tomorrow. I'll have him hold up until I see the pic. This is good info. I'll also have him take them deeper for more belt clearance if need be.

Last edited:
After fighting with mine to get clearance for everything, yours is really bound to make life better for a lot of guys. we were talking about how the holes and covers on mine should have been recessed for better clearance.

For everyone running fan-free, what length belt do you run?
I think its 70 3/4" but not postive. I can get you a gates part # in a few when I go to my truck.

Thank Ron. Not sure if we should address this issue or not. I've never heard of anyone running that setup besides you.

I don't think it would be worth the change and it's easily taken care of with a die grinder.
Ron

This cover and an adjustable gear are must have items. It was really nice to be able to change the timing so quickly and easily on the dyno.
Thank you.

RonA

Back