691 and almost 1400 TQ on 200 Inj's

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
Doug called me last night and had just got off the dyno. He had hit 673HP and 1309 TQ with a set of Cass 200's a Beans turbo wheel, (not the housing) and a .83 jet. He was upping the jet size and hoping for more. This is on a lifted truck with 35's and 22" wheels. Not too bad for mild injectors. OH yeah, and a stock fuel pump with a Fass on it. Congrats Doug.

Doug_dyno.jpg

Yeah, I had just landed in Portland, and it was like 10:00 PM something, so thats at 1:00 am Dougs time. Coffee much Doug?

Good numbers. Congrats to all involved. How much impact do you think the wheels/tires have? And what is the more important factor, the unsprung mass or the diameter? I know both hurt, but is one more important than the other? I had 35's on 19.5's that were very heavy and I thought it was the weight more so than the diameter that was hurting me....not sure though.

Can someone explain how larger jet size can help if you are limited by the volume of the injector body? That is, these were 200's, right? Which means the chamber can hold 200 cubic millimeters of fuel. Then when you fire, it all gets shot through a nozzle into the combustion chamber. My understanding is that when you run a HUEI injector all out, it sends all of its contents, so I would think that larger nozzles might just reduce atomization and make things worse? Just thinking out loud.

Great numbers, especially for 200's.

Ralph

If you look, the thing fell on its face at about 3100. Doug said with the tire size it was showing about 140-150 MPH. I think the mass and the diameter btoh had a pretty big impact.

he dialed us all..I got a a call at the fuel only..then 71 jet..then 82 jet..then 85 jet..I was asleep for the 91 jet.LOL I am happy with these numbers..they are awesome..

We all know tonight when we are all 2 sheets to the wind Doug is getting some drunk dialing tonight....:bang

Hopefully this will show guys that you dont need a huge injector to make good power. Well, the properly sized nozzle helps..

I asked this question above:

Can someone explain how larger jet size can help if you are limited by the volume of the injector body? That is, these were 200's, right? Which means the chamber can hold 200 cubic millimeters of fuel. Then when you fire, it all gets shot through a nozzle into the combustion chamber. My understanding is that when you run a HUEI injector all out, it sends all of its contents, so I would think that larger nozzles might just reduce atomization and make things worse? Just thinking out loud.

Can someone please explain?

Ralph

Where can someone get this modded wheel that they are running?

-Those are great numbers! Does anybody know what it made on the next bigger jet?

Back