Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 04:08 PM   #361
NakeDiesel

Name: NakeDiesel
Title: Smoke'n in the Mud
Member`s Gallery
Here's the birthday cake I made for them:

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Air Dog, Muldoons Diesel Performance, Power Driven Diesel, Diesel Performance Converters

Old 01-12-2014, 07:39 PM   #362
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Cleaned up all the grinding residue, scrap metal dirt off the shop floor this morning, added quite a bit to my scrap metal pile I need to haul to the scrap metal recycler and filled half a trash can with dirt, slag, and other debris from working on the truck.

I worked out placement of the radiator today and what I need to pickup to get the base mount built for it. Still a little fuzzy on the upper support on how I am going to make it. but I plan on having the upper/sides come out as one piece and spanning the width of the bed. The sides will bolt up the side of the bed and help tie the bedsides together.

We also worked on the front bed panel, I had originally planned on keeping the tube at the top, but it was so bent up and I couldn't get it straightened to where it looked good, so I ended up cutting it off and then welded on a 1 1/2" wide strip at the bottom of the panel so it would be long enough. That's about all I was able to accomplish today on the truck.

Marking the front panel where to cut

Test fitting the panel

Working out radiator placement

My son grinding down the welded on strip

Radiator and front panel on the truck

Just another shot of the truck

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Air Dog, Muldoons Diesel Performance, Power Driven Diesel, Diesel Performance Converters

Old 01-13-2014, 11:48 AM   #363
ENafziger

Name: ENafziger
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Looking good!

Old 01-13-2014, 08:33 PM   #364
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Worked just a little while on the truck this evening and got the front bed panel installed and bolted on.

I figured out how I'm going to mount the radiator, I'm going to build a u shape out of 4" c channel and attached it to the bottom and the bed sides, then I'll add in a support bar along the front to attach the radiator mounts too it. I also need to figure out how I am going to mount the two radiator coolers to it as well. I'll pick up several feet of 2" strap while I'm there for the coolers to mount on.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:01 PM   #365
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Went to pick up some C channel today and some strap, but the 4" channel they had was way overkill for what I needed, so I picked up some 2x2x1/4 angle and my son practiced his welding turning them into c channel.

While he was doing that, I made a template for the wheel opening's to cut out some 26 gauge to fill them in. Managed to get the template cut out and the first filler plate cut out and fit where it's going to go.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:22 PM   #366
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Found a hydroboost setup out of a wrecked 98 dodge 1 ton today at a local salvage, so I have that piece of the puzzle that I've been missing for the brakes.

Finally sold my RV that I've had for sale for the last 3 years, they picked it up this evening. Also got the final race schedule posted to the website today as well, we have 11 MAMR points races this season and Tulsa Raceway Park is having 2 Mud Fests, but nobody is sure what they mean by that yet, the details are still being worked out.

On the truck front, Finished cutting and welding the sides onto the radiator support I've been building. Got it all welded up and sat it in the truck with the radiator on it and trying to visualize the rest of it. I also have to figure out how I'm going to mount the transmission coolers to it as well. My big one is going to cross over the edge of the radiator some.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:45 PM   #367
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Today I ordered my rear fenders for the truck from Fenders N More for 150.00 each, should be here in a little over a weeks time. I also ordered all the things I needed from Vintage Power Wagon for the cab. I went ahead and ordered a transmission tunnel for the truck instead of trying to make one, so that will be done when it gets here. Other things I ordered from there were door handles for the passenger door, windshield and back window molding, the lacing for the hood area.

In the shop, I worked on the radiator support/trans cooler setup. Picked up some 1/4" neoprene gasket material and used that to make padding on 2 sides of the radiator.

I also notched out for the lower radiator hose with the cutting torch.

Been trying to figure out how I'm going to mount the two trans coolers

My son welding up the right support brace for the radiator/coolers

The right support bracket installed

Got a new phone the other day and was playing with the camera and took this panoramic pic

Old 01-16-2014, 08:15 PM   #368
TANKS 250

Name: TANKS 250
Title: Hey guys...look at me..
Member`s Gallery
I'm noticing in the last few posts....that the front tire has slowly lost some air...

Icon 4.5" lift, 41" IROKS, and some other stuff

Special thanks to:

TrustedPerformance.com
KLMperformance.com
Black Ops Bumpers
FarmboyFabrications.com

Old 01-16-2014, 08:20 PM   #369
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
lol, yeah. That's the tire that I knocked off the bead at the last race when I hit the wall on the way out of the pit, still has some mud in the bead. Need to take it off and have the tire taken off and the insides cleaned up on it so it will hold air again for more than a few days.

I'll probably get around to it a day or two before the first race.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #370
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Worked out in the shop today on the truck getting the transmission cooler mountings figured out, adding mounting tabs on the upper sides of the radiator support. I also picked up some 3"x1" rectangular tubing for mounting the 2 battery trays, the ice box and my water pump in back bed of the truck.

Old 01-19-2014, 09:17 PM   #371
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Busy weekend around here. Changed the oil in my wife's avalanche, put seals in the step daughters transfer case, new u joints on the rear driveshaft, a new thermostat and I've got to get the front driveshaft rebuilt with a new slip joint. Also pulled a chevy 4.3 engine out of the a rolling frame I have because I sold it to someone I know.

But I did manage to get a little done on the truck as well. We went to T town Sat evening and picked out the paint for the truck. The fenders are going to be gloss black and the body will be Glow Orange. 3 out of 4 of us voted for it. I finally managed to get the window regulator and most of the broken glass out of the drivers side door and actually have that door shutting well now.

I finished the bend over on the passenger side bed side so I have a flattened flange on the back to mount the crossed support bars. I'm going to have to cut some of that boxed piece out and replace it, it's all bent in and twisted on that back side.

I also managed to get one fender filler panel welded in, still need to cut out the other side and weld it in and then grind all the welds down.

Oh and if you haven't seen "Lone Survivor" you need too. Damned good movie.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:20 PM   #372
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Finally made it out to the shop this evening after not getting out there the last two nights. I finished grinding the welds down on the inner fender cover and that side is done. I also received a shipment of parts from Vintage power wagon yesterday and my new transmission cover for the truck. I've got to pick up some larger bolts tomorrow to get it bolted in, but before I do, I'm going to cover all of those opening with sheet metal and notch that drivers side hump out of it so I have more foot room.

I also started playing with seat placement in the truck and figuring out how high I needed to make the mounting brackets. While doing this, I figured out my steering column isn't going to work, it's too long and too low. So I'm going to have to get a build your own kit from summit to get the steering part working.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:51 PM   #373
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Made it out and worked on the truck today. Welded up all the openings on the transmission tunnel. After looking at it, I'm not going to notch that driver side hump out of it, I don't think it's going to get in the way, it's further back than I thought it was.

Started trying to figure out my brakes and pedals tonight. I think I finally have it figured out. I'm going to have to bend the brake pedal and straighten the bend out of it, because it's going to have to go on the left side of the steering column and the gas pedal on the right. In the 96, they were both on the right side. I stuck some 2" pipe along the path of where the steering column will be located.

That outlined circle on the firewall is where my air should come through to route it between the w2a intercooler and my intake manifold. It's going to be a tight fit.

Also managed to get that other fender opening filler panel cut out and just need to do some trimming on it for the final fit.

I got the tracking number on my fenders today and they should be here tomorrow night, I'm hoping they are what I have been planning on.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:34 PM   #374
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
One thing I like about working our 9-9's every 2 weeks is that I get every other Friday off. So I spent almost all day out in the shop and got a little bit accomplished.

I mounted the filters and fans on to the paint bay with a liberal amount of duct tape.

Received my rear fenders today, but they didn't follow my instructions or the picture with measurements I sent them. They were supposed to hang down 1 1/2 inches below the bottom of the bed instead of being flush with the bed so that I had room to add supports to the fenders. With all the mud that sticks to the underside and top during a race, they are going to get heavy fast and they need to be supported. I called them and they realized the mistake and are making me new ones, should hopefully be here in 2 weeks.

Started making my inner fenders for the truck today as well. Built the template out of foam board and then cut it out. Still making tweaks to it and trimming it here and there to get it fit like I want. Top will be secured via bolts into the fender, the bottom will be screwed to the frame via self tapping screws.

The top edge is going to be folded over to provide a little stiffness and more material to bolt into.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:49 PM   #375
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Worked on the truck more today, managed to get some done, but not as much as I wanted too.

I finished building the front inner/under fender on the drivers side, I made it in 2 pieces so that I could get it in or out easier. I still need to trim it just a bit around the brake lines and I also plan on pop riveting rubber pieces around the brake line openings and up in front to help seal out mud better.

We also talked another issue on the truck, the rear fenders weren't standing up straight. I didn't want to put a solid back on the end of the bed, so I made a set of cross bars for the back to give the rear of the fenders rigidity.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:49 PM   #376
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Didn't spend much time out in the shop today, but I did manage to get the holes drilled for the hydro brake booster and have it mounted now. Looks like where I put it will clear everything. There isn't much space between the top of the reservoir and the hood or the hydraulic lines and the hood.

Also mounted the inside portion of the brake/gas pedal mount that I cut down. The gas pedal will work out fine, I will have to probably bend the brake pedal to get it to fit.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:52 PM   #377
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Not much accomplished tonight, got the template made for the passenger side inner fender and got it cut out in sheet metal. Still need to finish drilling the holes and I need to pull the fender off and clean all the threads on it.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:01 PM   #378
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Finished getting the passenger side inner fender bolted and screwed in tonight. That's about all I got done on the truck, but we did get my son's cab off of the d150 frame via my cherry picker and a 2x12 board and onto my rotisserie. Now he can get busy sanding and cleaning up the inside.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:55 PM   #379
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Spent a little time on the mud truck tonight and then had to go start working on taxes. But I did get the interior kick panels removed (had to cut off the heads on some of the screws). I also started making the template for the drivers side floor board. Started with poster board to get the shape and then cut it out again in foam board to make sure it's correct in the fitment.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:36 PM   #380
NakeDiesel

Member`s Gallery
Take 2 on the drivers side floor board. Found out that the board doesn't go down in the groove, it goes on top. Guess the groove is a left over from when the military versions had wooden floor boards.

Closed Thread