Which tranny works best behind 12V & largest cab

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
My two sons are getting bigger and we need more room while traveling. Which year ford crew cab truck has the largest interior space?

Secondly, which transmission (auto) works the most like factory behind a 500hp ish 12V?

I feel like the obs trucks were large inside at least they felt to me to have the largest back seat. I haven't owned one, but have ridden in a CC plenty of times. I've personally owned an 01 & 04 crew cab Ford and felt they were larger inside then my 2012 ram 3500.

2017+ Ford has the largest cab, by far. 99-16 are all the same dimensions. OBS is the smallest.

4r will be the easiest to make work well. Any of the superdutys are nice for room and are a big step up from an obs truck in overall comfort and driveability in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

10.4 My last fummins was a 01 F-350 with the 4R100. I never got the tranny tuned right and hated the stack shifting it was doing so I put a nv4500 in it and eventually sold it. I hope to have more patients this time around!

If you get an 05+ truck, the coil front will ride better, and turning radius is better.

The 5r isn't bad to tune with the stock PCM and HPTuners.

If you get an 05+ truck, the coil front will ride better, and turning radius is better.

The 5r isn't bad to tune with the stock PCM and HPTuners.

you are technically correct however; 5Rs still have a mind of their own and refuse to shift identically under identical conditions so it can cause frustration for OCD people.

Back