6,7qsb -12

p7100

Swedish
I found a cummins 6,7L QSB engine from an excavator for a cheap price.
Is this the same engine as the ones found in Dodge trucks?
I know the Bellhousing needs to be changed from ones found on the Dodge trucks.
Fuelpump will be changed anyway, is there something else i need to check for?

Need to get the cpl to see what they put inside. Big parts should be the same

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Itll be rear geartrain. As far as I know all 6.7 engines other than the Dodge ones are rear gear engines.

Can't the rear geartrain engine be converted to front with the right crank and accessories? I did some digging a few months back and couldn't find a difference.

I bought a rear gear engine from a school bus since I got it super cheap. The only usable items were the block, head, and injectors. Pretty much everything else went in storage or the scrap pile. Obviously the rockers, pushrods, some other odds and ends were the same but I'd say most of the engine isn't usable in our applications.

I bought a rear gear engine from a school bus since I got it super cheap. The only usable items were the block, head, and injectors. Pretty much everything else went in storage or the scrap pile. Obviously the rockers, pushrods, some other odds and ends were the same but I'd say most of the engine isn't usable in our applications.

Good to know, thanks for clearing that up.

Everything said here is true.
One thing not mentioned is, depending on the excavator, it could be an Iveco/Cummins . Looks very much like a Cummins,but the bore is funky (4.09"). We had one come through here awhile back that took some head scratching to get it built. It was out of an Iveco machine. It was all Cummins part numbers, but pistons had to come from Iveco.

Everything said here is true.
One thing not mentioned is, depending on the excavator, it could be an Iveco/Cummins . Looks very much like a Cummins,but the bore is funky (4.09"). We had one come through here awhile back that took some head scratching to get it built. It was out of an Iveco machine. It was all Cummins part numbers, but pistons had to come from Iveco.

Interesting. Wonder if the cylinder walls are thicker. Is it a CGI block? Wonder where I can find one of those......... :poke:

Look for Iveco CNH Equipment. The engine model is N67, they also make an N45.
The engine did use AGRO. rods and rod bearing that I was able to source right from our warehouse. It had a different head gasket due to the bore size that was also available from my distributor. It was interesting, and frustrating at the same time.

The Excavator is a Hyundai.
QSB 6.7 CUMMINS
11N6-02011 151*190

Does this help you to identify the engine?
How do i do to upload image?

Back