Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 2007.5-2013 6.7L
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 06:38 PM   #1
cerickson

Name: cerickson
Title: fullpull108
Member`s Gallery
Organic or ceramic clutch

In desperate need of clutch soon. I know I'm going with Valair quiet dual disc. Was wondering which I should order? The organic or ceramic? I do tow my travel trailer about 2 times a year with my truck.

Is one grabbier than the other? Looking for input from someone that has experience with either. Not really wanting to hear how south bend is better. I'm sure they are. Just wanting to go with valair.

Wanting to make this the last clutch I should have to buy. Truck is the 08 in my signature.

Mine: 2008 Dodge 3500 megacab 4x4 drw 6 SPD stick. Anarchy EFI, Flo Pro egr delete, 5" straight pipe, Edge cts2

Wifes: 2006 Dodge 3500 megacab 4X4 drw goerend auto, 4 inch straight pipe, S&B cai, FASS 150 pump, EFI live by Anarchy

Old 04-25-2020, 07:03 PM   #2
chevota84

Name: chevota84
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Organic will always be softer. If you're not doing boosted launches I'd get the organic.
I don't think anybody here is going to tell you that SB is better, both make good clutches and are good to deal with.
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited by chevota84; 04-25-2020 at 07:05 PM.

Old 04-26-2020, 08:34 AM   #3
JWhite

Name: JWhite
Title: Trained monkey
Member`s Gallery
If you've been running a stock clutch tuned for a while, I doubt you'll need the ceramic friction. Organic clutch will be more forgiving and not so jumpy when backing up a trailer, or to a trailer.

But if that's something you can deal with, and plan to do injectors/ turbo, upgrade to ceramic.

Old 04-26-2020, 09:25 AM   #4
MufflerBearing

Name: MufflerBearing
Member`s Gallery
i agree with above Organic clutches are going to be more forgiving, however i ran the dual disk organic in my 07.5 that was 800hp and it never slipped once and i was not easy on it, i think dan says they are rated at 550 or so. awesome clutch.

Old 04-26-2020, 10:02 AM   #5
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Member`s Gallery
I've ran both in my work truck, organic dual disc all day. My ceramic was brutal, it was off or on, no in between. Backing up a heavy trailer was a pain, not to mention everyone in sight thinks you can't drive a stick with all the bucking going on, ha.

Old 04-26-2020, 10:27 AM   #6
cerickson

Name: cerickson
Title: fullpull108
Member`s Gallery
Thanks for all the input. Looks like I'm going to go with the organic. Yes my plans are to leave it basically stock. If turbo goes then I will upgrade. Dame with injectors.

Mine: 2008 Dodge 3500 megacab 4x4 drw 6 SPD stick. Anarchy EFI, Flo Pro egr delete, 5" straight pipe, Edge cts2

Wifes: 2006 Dodge 3500 megacab 4X4 drw goerend auto, 4 inch straight pipe, S&B cai, FASS 150 pump, EFI live by Anarchy

Closed Thread