Clunk when disengaging cruise

Dbordenb

Maybe this is normal but I want to make sure. I have noticed a clunk somewhere in the driveline when disengaging cruise or when abruptly getting on or off the accelerator. It does not make the clunk when coming to a stop or when accelerating from a stop. I started to notice it after a new tune and the tuner said it was because of the increased pedal sensitivity. This may be the case but it seemed odd to me.

So far I have checked transmission mount bolts and all are tight. I greased the slip yoke with no success in eliminating the clunk. I am waiting on new u joints to come in the mail but I am 95% sure it wasn't the joints because they all looked good when I pulled them out. I measured the amount of rotation in the rear pinion flange and it is just under a 1/4 inch rotation with no in/out or up/down movement.

Any other ideas on what I could check or am I chasing something that isn't even a problem in the first place?

Wanted to update this for folks reading in the future. My driveline clunk ended when I got a new tune with a less sensitive pedal. I hated the jerky pedal feeling the truck had with the super sensitive pedal so I asked for a different tune. So apparently reducing pedal sensitivity will stop the clunk that happens when reducing cruise control.

Back