Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
house

Name: house
Title: the Fat kid!
Member`s Gallery
2.5 2012

2012 rules idea, well I know in my neck of the woods the single cp3 rule is going out the window and duals will be allowed. Due to simple fact a big single and dual cp3 is same price pretty much. No ag govenors allowed on P pumps and 2.5 with protrusion rule will be in effect
2013 VW Jetta TDI..

Old 07-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
SmokeShow

Name: SmokeShow
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
And there will still be a 2.6 class?

You realize the path you are proposing is EXACTLY how 2.6 came to be, right? First was single cp3 2.5. CR got whipped by ppump for the most part so they allowed dual cp3 the next year. Then the 66mm street trucks wanted to play so it became 2.6. Now we all know how 2.6 has progressed the last 3 yrs.

IG: @_mitch_ratliff_

'14 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew, w/ 3.5L EcoBoost, bone stock

83 GMC K30 CC SB 4WD awaiting D/A chassis swap

Old 07-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
OrangeNV

Name: OrangeNV
Title: BISH please
Member`s Gallery
so the clas is basically a stock truck with dual cp3's and a clipped charger to 2.5 instead of 2.6

as common as 66mm turbos are now.....i dont think that class would get very big
Originally Posted by roachie View Post
Nothing is quite as exciting as bare-backing a ginger crack wh0re that is famous.
MUMAU
RAM BOYZ
KEYSTONE
MANNING

Old 07-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
lnimmo77

Name: lnimmo77
Title: Search never works
Member`s Gallery
Machine shops continue to laugh all the way to the bank.
Special Thanks to:

Mumau Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begle1 View Post
So I'd give you a point over Pocket here.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #5
FordGuy24

Name: FordGuy24
Title: Josh Mink
Member`s Gallery
dumb class....but whatever

CAMB Motorsports
Toops Performance

Old 07-20-2011, 12:10 PM   #6
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
2.6 smooth bore if your gonna do something like this or a 2.5 smooth bore class if your really thinking about pulling the power out.

Or leave the current , yank out air to water intercoolers.
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Old 07-20-2011, 12:40 PM   #7
Bosshawg600

Name: Bosshawg600
Title: PDP.com FireFighter
Member`s Gallery
WorkStock protrusion......STUPID!!!!

This year has been pretty interesting for Workstock......The trucks are showing up for that class!!! The farther you can keep the trucks from 2.6 the better!!!

Need to find a way to limit the turbo to an S300 size turbo. If not you going to have trucks show up with Clipped S480's, 13mm P Pumps and all that Jazz try and run workstock......and keeping those trucks out is the reason workstock is still around. 2.6 got crazy dang fast and if you dont show up with a 1000hp truck, you might as well keep your truck on the trailer!

Old 07-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #8
GOT-Torque

Name: GOT-Torque
Title: is
Member`s Gallery
LMAO! at Ron's quote in your signature...

EATSOOT.com

Old 07-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #9
TwoStroke

Name: TwoStroke
Title: Thompson Diesel
Member`s Gallery
6500 lbs, 2.6 charger, 31" bar tires....make all the power you want, but you gotta hook it to the ground.

Less rules=more trucks IMO

Old 07-20-2011, 02:30 PM   #10
revolutiondsl

Name: revolutiondsl
Title: Cat buys my Cummins parts
Member`s Gallery
NO PROTRUSION. It is making turbo shops rich and keeping normal guys from pulling and its a stupid rule because it doesnt really limit power we all know that. Its going to be another 2.6 class already. NO WATER TO AIR IC either.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #11
SmokeShow

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoStroke View Post
6500 lbs, 2.6 charger, 31" bar tires....make all the power you want, but you gotta hook it to the ground.

Sounds like you want a prostock 4x4 (s10 trussed frames, profab/scs xcase, big front & rearends) truck with an oil burner in it?!

Old 07-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #12
FordGuy24

Name: FordGuy24
Title: Josh Mink
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolutiondsl View Post
NO PROTRUSION. It is making turbo shops rich and keeping normal guys from pulling and its a stupid rule because it doesnt really limit power we all know that. Its going to be another 2.6 class already. NO WATER TO AIR IC either.
exactly, very dumb rule for an entry class.

CAMB Motorsports
Toops Performance

Old 07-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #13
zstroken

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoStroke View Post

Yea but you just added another rule 6500 lbs lol.

I think the rule list we have now is adequate, the protrusion rule cut back HP, it is just that billet wheels brought it back.

We can debate all we want, say use an s300 etc, it won't take the $$$ out, you will have guys that just blow their turbo up every other hook.

Let the turbo rule be for a few more years, and pull out some stuff like air to water, maybe drop the hitch height a little etc.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #14
SmokeShow

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolutiondsl View Post
Turbo shops will be fine no matter what... Top trucks are still going to be running custom chargers anywhere that sled pulling is highly competitive.

I think 2.6 is good as-is.

I'd be interested to see weston's restrictor tube tried in this proposed 2.5 class! That'd be interesting! Heck, let em run S480 but make the restrictor 2.5 & roll with it! There'll be a definite gap between this class & 2.6 then!

I see some calling this 2.5 class WS? You all don't have a stock charger WS class???

Old 07-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #15
duramaxxin73

Name: duramaxxin73
Title: Diesel Bodyguard for Hire
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeShow View Post
Turbo shops will be fine no matter what... Top trucks are still going to be running custom chargers anywhere that sled pulling is highly competitive.

I think 2.6 is good as-is.

I'd be interested to see weston's restrictor tube tried in this proposed 2.5 class! That'd be interesting! Heck, let em run S480 but make the restrictor 2.5 & roll with it! There'll be a definite gap between this class & 2.6 then!

I see some calling this 2.5 class WS? You all don't have a stock charger WS class???

x2 I'd like to see the restricter tube used in this class.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #16
mech2161

Name: mech2161
Title: I have a secret.
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
the protrusion rule cut back HP, it is just that billet wheels brought it back
15hp at an extra $1500 price tag.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #17
mech2161

Name: mech2161
Title: I have a secret.
Member`s Gallery
Keep NADM rules and leave it alone. Things are just starting to settle down.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #18
ovrdrvboy

Name: ovrdrvboy
Member`s Gallery
In this area of indiana 2.5 is workstock. And what your going to find is with all the 2.8 trucks that came down to 2.6 it's going to run a lot of 2.6 truck down to 2.5. And unless its a Bigtime 3.0 truck (haisley's ect.) 3.0 trucks are even getting beat by some 2.6 trucks. a non hanging weight, 1" travel, air to air, past the cab exhaust, 2.5 class is needed. Are "built" trucks going to run in it? Yes. First time a trailer queen was in the 2.5/workstock class? No. And yes some will say "Well you should just pay the money to keep up in 2.6" Well i know for a fact you have 25K motors in the 2.6 class. SO with that being said i honestly believe the 2.6 class isnt going to be for your everyday kind of guy, where a 2.5 class could still be that. Dual Pumps on a common rail is no big deal, Ag govs are. Protrusion is needed, just go talk to adam hallien who went and put 20+ feet everynight on some REAL stout ohio 2.6 trucks last summer. So all of you who dont feel like protrusion is needed just want to be able to run your s475 with a 2.5 plug and run it. Thats all great but defeats the purpose of having a 2.5 class and trying to limit the power doesnt it? Besides at the end of the day your going to want that protrusion to stop some built 2.6 trucks from literally buying a cheap cheap plug and coming down. And no 2.6 did not get this way because of allowing dual pumps, 2.6 got this way because it got used for the wrong purposes....2.6 was a solution to the worstock problem of teching 50 differnt turbos, to try and even the playing field, it wasnt designed for solving the "2.8 problem" Which was bogus anyway, so much for class seperation.....In my opinion its a good class that will need policed heavily or guys are right it will be just another class out of hand,

Old 07-20-2011, 03:24 PM   #19
zstroken

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mech2161 View Post
Keep NADM rules and leave it alone. Things are just starting to settle down.

, yea since many of the guys that were running the wicked trucks have went to a protrusion charger and run the protrusion charger at the NADM pulls, so the folks who were behind are still behind, just not as far as they would be if the folks wouldn't have put the protrusion chargers on.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #20
zstroken

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrdrvboy View Post
In this area of indiana 2.5 is workstock. And what your going to find is with all the 2.8 trucks that came down to 2.6 it's going to run a lot of 2.6 truck down to 2.5. And unless its a Bigtime 3.0 truck (haisley's ect.) 3.0 trucks are even getting beat by some 2.6 trucks. a non hanging weight, 1" travel, air to air, past the cab exhaust, 2.5 class is needed. Are "built" trucks going to run in it? Yes. First time a trailer queen was in the 2.5/workstock class? No. And yes some will say "Well you should just pay the money to keep up in 2.6" Well i know for a fact you have 25K motors in the 2.6 class. SO with that being said i honestly believe the 2.6 class isnt going to be for your everyday kind of guy, where a 2.5 class could still be that. Dual Pumps on a common rail is no big deal, Ag govs are. Protrusion is needed, just go talk to adam hallien who went and put 20+ feet everynight on some REAL stout ohio 2.6 trucks last summer. So all of you who dont feel like protrusion is needed just want to be able to run your s475 with a 2.5 plug and run it. Thats all great but defeats the purpose of having a 2.5 class and trying to limit the power doesnt it? Besides at the end of the day your going to want that protrusion to stop some built 2.6 trucks from literally buying a cheap cheap plug and coming down. And no 2.6 did not get this way because of allowing dual pumps, 2.6 got this way because it got used for the wrong purposes....2.6 was a solution to the worstock problem of teching 50 differnt turbos, to try and even the playing field, it wasnt designed for solving the "2.8 problem" Which was bogus anyway, so much for class seperation.....In my opinion its a good class that will need policed heavily or guys are right it will be just another class out of hand,

You don't think someone will put $25K into a workstock engine? Or spend $3500 on a workstock turbo?

What is the issue with the ag pumps? Do they add any power?

Closed Thread