Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #41
SCHOOL BUS

Name: SCHOOL BUS
Title: DLRA T-O
Member`s Gallery
you can call the guy a cheater all you want but if tech lets him go then blame tech. these days if people can get away with stuff they will.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:42 PM   #42
Kman9090

Name: Kman9090
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Defiantly isn't a 2.6 truck by looking at it on the video. But rules are rules and I kinda have to agree with convicted a little bit. The 2.6 class has gotten so far out of hand that an average guy like the guy in the Chevy has a chance has to try to drop down a class. You can obvisoult tell that the truck is still daily driven. Till there is a class that rsurrects what the 2.6 class was there wil be more and more people doing this.

Gilmore Diesel Performance
Sponsored by D&B Performance and Fabrication

Old 07-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #43
Kman9090

Name: Kman9090
Member`s Gallery
Also if I was that guy i'd rather pull the work stock class and get dqued then pull the 2.6 class and just look like an idiot and get stomped. Not to mention with the added weight they have to put on the sled now a days with the 2.6 class because of the 3.0 trucks dropping down to pull guys like him have a better chance of breaking.

Gilmore Diesel Performance
Sponsored by D&B Performance and Fabrication

Old 07-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #44
Convicted1

Name: Convicted1
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman9090 View Post
Defiantly isn't a 2.6 truck by looking at it on the video. But rules are rules and I kinda have to agree with convicted a little bit. The 2.6 class has gotten so far out of hand that an average guy like the guy in the Chevy has a chance has to try to drop down a class. You can obvisoult tell that the truck is still daily driven. Till there is a class that rsurrects what the 2.6 class was there wil be more and more people doing this.
Finally somebody gets it!

In my opinion the 2.6" class was SUPPOSED to be for the Hot Street Trucks.... The guys who went ahead and bought a little bigger turbo, small sticks, modified pump, etc. Yet didn't have bars, blocks, and hanging weights.

The trucks could still work if needed, you'd just have to be a little more careful about watching your gauges and not burning the damn thing down.

WS to me was the guys with a cold air, exhaust, programmer and thats pretty much it... A true WORK truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbeaux38 View Post
You want boobies that fill up a wine glass.... not stop up a toilet.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:49 PM   #45
ktmracer21

Name: ktmracer21
Title: smart a$$
Member`s Gallery
i have another question for nadm techs...how the phuck does a pintle hitch with a clevis pass for a pulling hitch? not only ws...where u could play the im just a street guy blah blah blah...but in 2.6?

a pile o crap 2013 f150 xl freebie

official beer drinker of Apex diesel and the 2013 2.6 usa east points champ strung out pulling team

Old 07-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #46
Convicted1

Member`s Gallery
Also... if that Duramax truly had a 66 on it... He's not using it to its capability.

There just wasn't enough fuel there... If he were to hook that in 2.6" he'd be at the very back of the pack.

Quote:

Old 07-12-2010, 07:58 PM   #47
trailerpro

Name: trailerpro
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convicted1 View Post
Also... if that Duramax truly had a 66 on it... He's not using it to its capability.

There just wasn't enough fuel there... If he were to hook that in 2.6" he'd be at the very back of the pack.
He did hook in 2.6 the same night. 2:13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cg1qkCKKKM

He came in late so he didn't get teched hard ahead of time. He knew exactly what he was doing, and he knew it was wrong. Worst part is 1175 of the 1200 people there left thinking he was the winner.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #48
Convicted1

Member`s Gallery
Which brings me to the other rule I forgot to mention...

If you hook 2.6" you can't hook WS.

Simple as that.

I agree though.... If they guy put that much time and thought into cheating... I think he needs a new hobby.

Quote:

Old 07-12-2010, 08:42 PM   #49
LReiff

Name: LReiff
Title: The Antistock
Member`s Gallery
Is it just me or is there an awful lot of b!tchers in this thread? I agree with Convicted on a rule about running multiple classes at the same event...good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4dually
If anyone thinks the internet is serious they should seriously log off and burn their laptop.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:57 PM   #50
mdavlee

Name: mdavlee
Member`s Gallery
Atleast there is classes where you guys pull. The pull I went to last weekend that middle tennessee pullers put on had 3 trucks with hoodstacks in the only class which was street diesel class. Over half was trailered in.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:12 PM   #51
blackbetty62

Name: blackbetty62
Member`s Gallery
what is your reason for not being allowed to bump up?

Old 07-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #52
Smoke

Name: Smoke
Title: VP Puller Playin Catch-Up
Member`s Gallery
Can anybody say 2.5" class?

Smokeshow, where you at?Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHOOL BUS View Post
I've never hooked to a sled so I dont know how it works, but dont you get tech'd before you pull? How does a tech official allow this truck to pull?
A lot of places are only teching after you pull and make it into the money so as not to hold up the entire class with a complete inspection. Probably not the best way to do it, but it does help keep the trucks moving. That's another issue with teching prepull. Time constraint and having enough tech officials.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:48 PM   #53
Schwinn68

Name: Schwinn68
Title: diesel fanatic
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Can anybody say 2.5" class?

Smokeshow, where you at?Click the image to open in full size.

A lot of places are only teching after you pull and make it into the money so as not to hold up the entire class with a complete inspection. Probably not the best way to do it, but it does help keep the trucks moving. That's another issue with teching prepull. Time constraint and having enough tech officials.

around here we have a 2.5 class and it seems to work pretty well. The rules really encourage real "stock " work trucks to compete. No hanging weights, blocks or traction bars. The stock turbo duramax trucks are very competitive along with the newer fords. The dodges use a 2.5 turbo instead of stock and are starting to rule the class but are getting to the edge of streetability.

and for the record, I have pulled in the class this year and in years prior. I keep telling myself to just get that built trans and liftpump and see if I can win one
certified mig tig stick orbital welder

thanks to Bobo Team Twisted Danville Performance Big Dipper Sandwich Crew and Todd

Old 07-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #54
SmokeShow

Name: SmokeShow
Member`s Gallery
after about the last half dozen threads on this topic on here alone, I've said all I've ever needed to smoke.

In case anyone cared, my stance is 2.6 is perfect and they are absolutely pull trucks only. forget the association of them being any kind of street vehicle. As for work stock, stock charger unmodified but it HAS to be teched appropriately, no hanging weight, traction bars allowed, bump stops allowed with 1" travel, thats the jist of it.

It is absolutely unrealistic (and probably impossible) to have a class where real trucks off the street can be competitive against purpose built trucks that meet every rule. It's just not gonna happen, at least not in this area (KY, OH, IN) especially in the 2.6 class and probably not even in the WS class either.

TECHING has GOT to be improved upon tho in a bad way!! Otherwise, it's ridiculous to have half the rules there are if they aren't regularly and thoroughly checked. There's enough loop holes in them as it is much less what someone can get away with if teching isn't tight.

Later

IG: @_mitch_ratliff_

'14 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew, w/ 3.5L EcoBoost, bone stock

83 GMC K30 CC SB 4WD awaiting D/A chassis swap

Old 07-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #55
Scooter's Roofing

Name: Scooter's Roofing
Member`s Gallery
screw it, tech after the pull... who cares who the crowd thinks won?

take all the entry fees, put on a good show for the crowd, tech the money guys afterwards and hand out the cash to the guys who actually play by the rules

Old 07-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #56
Sledpuller

Name: Sledpuller
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
1200+views in 24 hrs..WS and 2.6 popular class, eh?

NADM WS, no hanging weights, but I thinks its time to boot the weight BRACKETS, too.

NADM 2.6 is right where it belongs for the majority of the 2.6 trucks in the country, and no, 2.6 sneaking into WS is NOT the same as a 2.8 going to 2.6, or a 3.0/SS going to 2.8.

Can anyone tell us why?

Old 07-12-2010, 09:58 PM   #57
SmokeShow

Name: SmokeShow
Member`s Gallery
and if someone would actually go back and look, the 2.6 class came to be from the 2.5 class. To have an equally competitive class (all makes and models have a reasonable chance to win each night) the dmax had to be able to run an aftermarket charger just like the dodges could/can otherwise they get tricked out chargers and mass vol of fuel and lay waste to all others with stock chargers that are 2.5" So then the 12V was clearly gonna start dominating this class once custom aftermarket chargers were allowed due to having so much more fuel available, hence the dual cp3 came to be. Then it became 2.6 so that people could run off the shelf 66mm chargers that were readily available as compared to an oddball sized 2.5" charger.

And there you have it, the history of the 2.6 class.

IG: @_mitch_ratliff_

'14 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew, w/ 3.5L EcoBoost, bone stock

83 GMC K30 CC SB 4WD awaiting D/A chassis swap

Old 07-12-2010, 10:15 PM   #58
Gumby

Name: Gumby
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Nevermind. I missed a whole page that answered my question

Last edited by Gumby; 07-12-2010 at 10:22 PM. Reason: i'm retarded

Old 07-12-2010, 10:23 PM   #59
Sledpuller

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Did he win?
He won WS (9th in 2.6)and was promptly DQed,Thanks for the donation, it was a charity pull, after all.) I had the announcer say a couple times that #2 was the correct winner.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #60
Sledpuller

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
]

A quick safety check pre pull, and performance tech the winners is the onl y way to go, if time is tight.

Closed Thread