External wastegate help

bags1010

Rockstar
Right now I am running my twins with no wastegate at all. I am thinking of plumbing an external TIAL wastegate in. How do you decide which size to go with? Does anyone make hotpipes already plumbed up? Can you get just the adapter to go on the manifold somewhere?

i would like to know too. Because i have had my tial wastegate for about 3 months now and just didnt know the best way to plumb it into the manifold and hotpipe

Lance

I had a spacer machined to go between the top turbo and the manifold. I instaled a 38mm gate, and dumped it into the hot pipe. The hot pipe has a 50mm gate to keep the GT42 from going into orbit.

Attachments

• Boost_control.GIF
    Boost_control.GIF
    4.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Bags, We are working on a couple twin sets now for Super Duty / Cummins transplant's in our group and a couple Dodges as well. I will let you know how they build up and what combo we end up with. We have the gates and the mounting, working on the hot pipes, lower gate placement and downpipe. Ive done alot of looking and reading about how people have accomplished this as well as looking at every set I could for the last 3 years before we started to machine our own parts. What turbo's does your set use (T4 or T6 bottom) and how is your bottom turbo mounted?

Back